08-14-17 09:21 PM
37 12
tools
    I'm surprised. Exchange integration works fine here. That's about 70% of enterprise email nowadays? Gmail for business and plain old IMAP works just as fine. For the record, my passport is on 10.3.3-latest-detected-by-Link.

So, unless your servers are set up with fancy authentication or unrecognized security certificates, it should 'just work'.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 06:57 AM
    True, most of the team now works for Google, Apple, Microsoft and other major software companies. The BB10 team was let go years ago.
    Most of it was, yes. I think some developers who originally worked on BB10 are now focusing on Android hardening. They might be in charge of giving some air to the dying every now and then.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 06:59 AM
    Most of it was, yes. I think some developers who originally worked on BB10 are now focusing on Android hardening. They might be in charge of giving some air to the dying every now and then.

Posted via CB10
    There isn't even much of an Android development team at this point.... They can't be bother pushing Android 7 to the PRIV and DTEKs, or making any big improvements to the Suite of Android Apps, and you think they'll drop everything to screw around with BB10 again?

BB10 was like a house of cards, even with hundreds of developers and testers, most updates had issues. Look at 10.3.3... 18 months in development and that was the best they could do?

Tweaking BB10 isn't something someone can do in their spare time.....
    08-09-17 07:29 AM
    There isn't even much of an Android development team at this point.... They can't be bother pushing Android 7 to the PRIV and DTEKs, or making any big improvements to the Suite of Android Apps, and you think they'll drop everything to screw around with BB10 again?

BB10 was like a house of cards, even with hundreds of developers and testers, most updates had issues. Look at 10.3.3... 18 months in development and that was the best they could do?

Tweaking BB10 isn't something someone can do in their spare time.....
    Haha! Screw around no. Fixes for ponctual fixes for whatever legal obligations in terms of support, yes. Like updating the CA certs, things like that. Don't get me wrong; there won't be any significant change to the system but if they find an easy to fix a newly found security problem, they might fix it for whatever organisations still relying on BB10. It's typical maintenance life cycle for retiring operating systems...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 07:35 AM
    Haha! Screw around no. Fixes for ponctual fixes for whatever legal obligations in terms of support, yes. Like updating the CA certs, things like that. Don't get me wrong; there won't be any significant change to the system but if they find an easy to fix a newly found security problem, they might fix it for whatever organisations still relying on BB10. It's typical maintenance life cycle for retiring operating systems...

Posted via CB10
    Think you'd have a hard time finding any "legal obligations".....
    08-09-17 08:11 AM
    I'm surprised. Exchange integration works fine here. That's about 70% of enterprise email nowadays? Gmail for business and plain old IMAP works just as fine. For the record, my passport is on 10.3.3-latest-detected-by-Link.

So, unless your servers are set up with fancy authentication or unrecognized security certificates, it should 'just work'.

Posted via CB10
    Most large multinationals would use some sort of MDM... and pretty much all MDM are not compatible with BB10. Some aren't even compatible with the new Android BB!
    08-09-17 08:17 AM
    Think you'd have a hard time finding any "legal obligations".....
    I would like to chime in on this, while I understand his point truth is Blackberry is no Apple. Or in that case Microsoft. One company made the decision to be customer friendly and one to sit back on its past glories. We know how well it turned out. A good example is my friend. He uses a phone till it is dead, and I mean dead. His I phone 3 was getting security updates all along. Last year he received a notice from Apple that they could no longer update his phone. Then sent his a coupon for 100 bucks off his next phone. What do you think he did, yup bought an I phone 7 Plus. The other issue is Blackberries entire OS 10 budget when it was the latest and greatest was probably one days worth over at Apple.
    08-09-17 11:00 AM
    Don't get me wrong; there won't be any significant change to the system but if they find an easy to fix a newly found security problem, they might fix it for whatever organizations still relying on BB10. It's typical maintenance life cycle for retiring operating systems...
    Posted via CB10
    Yup. My company had a small dedicated dev team to fix and patch our Windows 3.x product for two years after we'd moved on. Of course, the client requesting this was Boeing..... our biggest customer.

Hmmmm.... Boeing was a solid BlackBerry company. They were testing iPhones when I left in 2011. Wonder if they invested in BB10? That might explain why no official "BB10 is EOL" from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    08-09-17 03:50 PM
    Yup. My company had a small dedicated dev team to fix and patch our Windows 3.x product for two years after we'd moved on. Of course, the client requesting this was Boeing..... our biggest customer.

Hmmmm.... Boeing was a solid BlackBerry company. They were testing iPhones when I left in 2011. Wonder if they invested in BB10? That might explain why no official "BB10 is EOL" from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    I think the one point you are not mentioning is someone paid the bill.
    08-09-17 04:04 PM
    False hope from Chen! He is the one who killed the true BlackBerry BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 10:10 AM
    I think 10.3.4 will eventually come around, to release anything that had been worked on to this point. It will be underwhelming like 3.3, the most that can be hoped for is an updated browser since that would take less dev time as primary work is done by Webkit. It will also be bittersweet as the EOL announcement will also come. An updated browser will give life for a couple more years for the diehards.
    08-14-17 11:05 AM
    I think 10.3.4 will eventually come around, to release anything that had been worked on to this point. It will be underwhelming like 3.3, the most that can be hoped for is an updated browser since that would take less dev time as primary work is done by Webkit. It will also be bittersweet as the EOL announcement will also come. An updated browser will give life for a couple more years for the diehards.
    You got it all int 10.3.3 and that's why it was delayed. Combined update under 10.3.3
    08-14-17 09:21 PM
37 12