On my 9700 the led notification light would remain blinking until I checked for a message. I noticed a few times on my z10 that I had received a message (one time a text and another time an email) yet the led was not on. I happened to swipe up on the lock screen and see that I had messages waiting yet there was no led. I had left the phone for a few hours so I was not sure if the led had come on then timed out or if it had never been activated on the first place. My phone is always with me so I check messages often and the led always comes on without fail. These two incidents led me to wonder if there is a an led timeout in bb10?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:06 PM
    I've noticed the same thing on mine, but not sure if anything can be done. I have a feeling this happens when the device locks?
    05-01-13 08:14 PM
    i was actually worried that the following scenario will take place: you are away from the phone, you get a message, led comes on, later before you check your message, the phone reboots on its own, after reboot the led is no longer active. i think this is what is going on. i never bothered to check those two times what the last reboot time was. if it happens again i will check.
    05-01-13 08:55 PM
    I, too, am interested on the timeframe. I've read that others noticed a timeout, as well, but haven't read anything about what that timeout timeframe is. Maybe someone smart will tell us.
    05-01-13 09:04 PM