I discovered this by coincidence:

You can call the mailbox (shortcut), give 3 contacts a shortcut by simply:
    1. Click on the phone symbol down left corner,
    2. Swipe down,

You'll see: Own number followed by 4 symbols: Mailbox then 3 shortcut fields that you can modify as you like assigning 3 persons (or 3 numbers of same person, I prefer the former)

So when you tip on the shortcut, you call the saved number, and -this, I found it better than adding favourites!- when you keep the finger on the shortcut, it gives you the opportunity to call the other numbers (mobile/home/work) of that person!!

Posted via my Q10, Germany

Attachment 196165
    Last edited by Anis Chabchoub; 08-27-13 at 07:33 AM.
    08-27-13 07:12 AM
    I discovered this by coincidence:

You can call the mailbox (shortcut), give 3 contacts a shortcut by simply:
    1. Click on the phone symbol down left corner,
    2. Swipe down,

You'll see: Own number followed by 4 symbols: Mailbox then 3 shortcut fields that you can modify as you like assigning 3 persons (or 3 numbers of same person, I prefer the former)

So when you tip on the shortcut, you call the saved number, and -this, I found it better than adding favourites!- when you keep the finger on the shortcut, it gives you the opportunity to call the other numbers (mobile/home/work) of that person!!

Attachment 196165
    Aaaahhhhh dang it....I can't see your screenshot....

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to end up getting a Q on Saturday....
    08-27-13 07:36 AM
    I might have edit it by hiding my phone number, in the moment you looked...
    After having added 3 contacts, the 4th was tricky, coz I had to long-press a contactnumber to add it as favourite, it gave me 4 supplementary fields... I'll look if I am allowed to add more ;-)
    Edited: YES! Now I have 3 rows of 4 Contacts each... and you know what? The OS gave me 4 more, so at least 12 contacts say 16 on the Q10 screen visible... It might be more on Z10, but I do not have one to verify!
    Enjoy adding shortcuts!

Last edited by Anis Chabchoub; 08-27-13 at 07:57 AM.
    08-27-13 07:41 AM
    Speed dial entries can be added by long-pressing on either an entry in the call log or a contact name (within the phone app) and selecting "Add to Speed Dial" from the menu that slides out from the right side.

Is this what you were referring to?
    08-27-13 12:09 PM
    Speed dial entries can be added by long-pressing on either an entry in the call log or a contact name (within the phone app) and selecting "Add to Speed Dial" from the menu that slides out from the right side.

Is this what you were referring to?
    Yes

08-27-13 12:59 PM
    Can someone tell me how to quickly access the other speed dials I have saved? It says I can have up to 9 speed dials but only 3 (and VM) show on the call screen. Thank you. BTW I'm using a Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 02:25 PM
    Can someone tell me how to quickly access the other speed dials I have saved? It says I can have up to 9 speed dials but only 3 (and VM) show on the call screen. Thank you. BTW I'm using a Z10

Posted via CB10
    Ok... step by step. Go to the dialing screen, there are 3 fields at the bottom: Incomin/outcoming calls, Contactlist, dialpad. First, go to the contact list, chose one contact, you will see its phone numbers, in shadowed-grey. Keep your finger on the whished number you wanna add and in the little window that shows up, tick on the star. The contact's number will be added to your speed dials! Enjoy!

P.S: I could add 11 contacts to the Voice-Mail (3 rows of 4) on my Q10!!!

08-28-13 04:05 PM
    Ok... step by step. Go to the dialing screen, there are 3 fields at the bottom: Incomin/outcoming calls, Contactlist, dialpad. First, go to the contact list, chose one contact, you will see its phone numbers, in shadowed-grey. Keep your finger on the whished number you wanna add and in the little window that shows up, tick on the star. The contact's number will be added to your speed dials! Enjoy!

P.S: I could add 11 contacts to the Voice-Mail (3 rows of 4) on my Q10!!!

True. On the Z I think including the voice mail, you can add 9 speed dials. If you want unlimited, use this app http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/24149873

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    08-29-13 01:55 AM