The reason the leaks have stopped is that auto loaders aren't distributed anymore. Anyone that is testing the OS has their PIN white listed and downloads the OS OTA. Unfortunately, we are probably going to have to wait till the Passport drops around September before we get any 10.3 files to work with.
    07-14-14 06:35 PM
    I didnt think auto loaders were distributed in the first place, they were grabbed of the server,
    07-14-14 06:40 PM
    While that may be true, carrier testing has proven to be the weak point there in the past.
    07-14-14 06:41 PM
    i love leaks just like the next person, but hey if this is what they have to do to keep secrets in house then thats what it is, i dont see apple letting leaked os out, its just part of the new BB
    07-14-14 06:48 PM
    i love leaks just like the next person, but hey if this is what they have to do to keep secrets in house then thats what it is, i dont see apple letting leaked os out, its just part of the new BB
    They don't let them out, that's why it's a leak

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-14-14 07:22 PM
    If we have to wait until BlackBerry delivers a knock down device with an amazing OS to resurrect the brand image to consumers, we will wait, I love leaks but I love BlackBerry even more.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.3175/3140
    BigBadWulf, mkiiw, snapexp and 8 others like this.
    07-14-14 07:42 PM
    People still have access to files, they just choose not to share them because it's risky.
    07-15-14 05:20 AM
    Autoloaders are just an exe that has been generated containing the signed/unsigned files and cfp.
    BlackBerry doesn't use autoloaders, never has. It's something that was created for leak purposes.
    When loading early builds cfp is the only way to load. As builds get increasingly get higher and more stable, they start testing OTA. OTA is just easier and everyone switches to it.
    Not everyone has access to the signed/unsigned files. So they do not participate in the early builds.
    Those who had access. Still have access once switched to OTA. As mentioned earlier, it's risky for them. Whoever was leaking them had access and is either being watched like a hawk or has already been termed.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.710
    Uzi, Blacklatino and anon721037 like this.
    07-15-14 06:24 AM
    As a BlackBerry fan, I love leaks
    As a BlackBerry stockholder, I hate leaks.

I prefer BlackBerry officials give us teasers instead of a third party leaking them

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:47 AM
    As a BlackBerry fan, I love leaks
    As a BlackBerry stockholder, I hate leaks.

I prefer BlackBerry officials give us teasers instead of a third party leaking them

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I want the company to prosper, both in their products and in their capitalisation. I don't think leaks help that; good marketing is though.

Doesn't stop me from installing available leaks though!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700.
    07-15-14 07:14 AM
    But if autoloaders aren't distributed to people, the ota update files still exist on server.
    And if ota server isn't changed,we can download ota files via sachesi.......
    What happened to this?????

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 07:21 AM
    But if autoloaders aren't distributed to people, the ota update files still exist on server.
    And if ota server isn't changed,we can download ota files via sachesi.......
    What happened to this?????

Posted via CB10
    You need a VPN to download files on the beta side of the production server

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    07-15-14 07:25 AM
    I'm sorry, but in my humble opinion this thread is as misplaced as the focus on stopping leaks themselves. No one is stealing BlackBerry innovation and bringing it to market first. In the last five years tell me when this has happened?

Blackberry 10 has some innovative features, which are going to be copied regardless, on competitors next gen of devices. And no one is concerning themselves with BlackBerry hardware except BlackBerry lovers and tech sites.

Leaked OSes have been consistently used to plug holes and squash bugs in the existing experience and lend excitement to the platform, and have done so to great effect since the day the Storm 9500 was launched. There is no evidence to my mind that a leak of OS software has contributed to loss of market share, lost sales or a depreciation of stock price.

The OS is far from complete. I love my Z30. My wife tells me several times a week I should marry it. But clear eyes can see the holes from Blackberry OS applications that still do not rotate to landscape, to minor memory leaks, to an often clunky Android runtime. And let's not forget that major issues with Link and obtaining market share remain.

Despite the grasp of low hanging fruit, any resources, again in my opinion, are best used at tackling real issues, of which Blackberry unfortunately still has a few. I am not arguing they can't do both. I'm sure they can. I'm arguing only that any focus on OS leak stoppage is wasteful and unproductive.
    Last edited by 1magine; 07-15-14 at 07:54 AM.
    07-15-14 07:33 AM
    BlackBerry has been unwilling or unable to control Passport leaks, which are probably much more damaging than OS leaks because they take away the surprise of a new product announcement.

BlackBerry has shut down OS leaks which do nothing to hurt BlackBerry. Google and Apple both show off OS previews months in advance and have ways to let people try them.

Shutting off the leak tap just takes away from true BlackBerry fan's experience. So, BlackBerry is hurting it's most loyal customers the most. That is really small minded thinking.

BlackBerry should have a beta OS path available to those who are willing, just like Apple and Google do.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:07 AM
    BlackBerry should have a beta OS path available to those who are willing, just like Apple and Google do.
    +1 on this. Create a program for the average guy. Make it all "legit" with the same end goal of rewarding the loyal BlackBerry users who happily run leaks. Sign me up. I'll even pay for the honor.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa and PostMortem like this.
    07-15-14 08:45 AM
    yeah I don't get the leak = hurting Blackberry. Apple who is famously secretive, have had developer versions of future IOS for years and Google is following that path.
    07-15-14 08:49 AM
    yeah I don't get the leak = hurting Blackberry. Apple who is famously secretive, have had developer versions of future IOS for years and Google is following that path.
    BlackBerry has developer versions of their OS' as well.
    07-15-14 08:54 AM
    BlackBerry has developer versions of their OS' as well.
    Crippled versions.

That's not the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    07-15-14 08:55 AM
    If we have to wait until BlackBerry delivers a knock down device with an amazing OS to resurrect the brand image to consumers, we will wait, I love leaks but I love BlackBerry even more.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.3175/3140
    Oh, man. I'll just have to steal that last line from your comment and use it everytime they complain about the lack of leaks!

Posted via CB10
    yohannyphm and moody like this.
    07-15-14 08:56 AM
    I don't get the crying on here lately.

Yes if I we were still stuck on 10.2.1 it might be warranted but I'm happy with .700 and the leaked bars.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-15-14 09:08 AM
    Is it possible leaks have stopped, because it reveals planned hardware specs?
    bigjman likes this.
    07-15-14 09:39 AM
    I don't get the crying on here lately.

Yes if I we were still stuck on 10.2.1 it might be warranted but I'm happy with .700 and the leaked bars.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you're happy. I'm on .700 too but I still want something newer. We?ve been conditioned to getting leaks and it's a little hard to live in a leakless world.

I think everyone's response has been measured. No one is crying about it. Mostly, people are just less interested in posting on Crackberry and that is very apparent.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa and moody like this.
    07-15-14 10:05 AM
    I'm sorry, but in my humble opinion this thread is as misplaced as the focus on stopping leaks themselves. No one is stealing BlackBerry innovation and bringing it to market first. In the last five years tell me when this has happened?

Blackberry 10 has some innovative features, which are going to be copied regardless, on competitors next gen of devices. And no one is concerning themselves with BlackBerry hardware except BlackBerry lovers and tech sites.

Leaked OSes have been consistently used to plug holes and squash bugs in the existing experience and lend excitement to the platform, and have done so to great effect since the day the Storm 9500 was launched. There is no evidence to my mind that a leak of OS software has contributed to loss of market share, lost sales or a depreciation of stock price.

The OS is far from complete. I love my Z30. My wife tells me several times a week I should marry it. But clear eyes can see the holes from Blackberry OS applications that still do not rotate to landscape, to minor memory leaks, to an often clunky Android runtime. And let's not forget that major issues with Link and obtaining market share remain.

Despite the grasp of low hanging fruit, any resources, again in my opinion, are best used at tackling real issues, of which Blackberry unfortunately still has a few. I am not arguing they can't do both. I'm sure they can. I'm arguing only that any focus on OS leak stoppage is wasteful and unproductive.
    Have to agree... If I wasn't able to install a leak when I first got my Z10, I would have taken it back. They reboot issue was an big problem and I was very happy that it was only a software glitch. But it was almost a month later before Verizon push out that update.

At this point I don't know that it is as big of an issue as BB10.2.1 is pretty stable. But I sure would hate for BlackBerry to keep a tight grip on the official 10.3 release and then once they put it out, find another major bug had slipped though. That maybe doing a little beta testing on the CrackBerry site might have found for them during some real world testing....

I just know the official unleaked version of BB10 at launch was not very good, but most every "tested by CrackBerry" official release after that point has been pretty stable - or we at least were aware of what the issues were and what needed to be done (contact bug...).
    07-15-14 10:36 AM
    You realize Apple charges developers $99/year and beta OSes are only available for registered developers. Also, the beta requires you agree to their NDA so it's not like you can go around and show it off. And no, Apple doesn't include all/unannounced features in beta software.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-15-14 10:41 AM
    You want people to lose their job? Leak or no leak I'm not going to die with or without it.
    07-15-14 10:57 AM
76 123 ...