Part of being a tech person

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:59 AM
    Not sure how such an innocent thread got highjacked and turned so nasty. I have never installed a leak but I greatly appreciate the work of the leak team for the multitude who do install the leaks. Also, because of the leaks I already know what greatness is coming to my Z10.
    I was just setting here, shaking my head thinking the same thing. What a mess...
    09-16-13 06:38 AM
    You see guys, all this is as a result of you/us staring in the phone all weekend.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:53 AM
    LOL. OS Leaks happen......when they happen. It's been that way as long as I've been a member. Psst. Just an fyi. Historically, when members start demanding/requesting/suggesting to those leaking the OS, the leaks tend to slow down.
    timmcglothlin likes this.
    09-16-13 07:32 AM
    Not sure how such an innocent thread got highjacked and turned so nasty. I have never installed a leak but I greatly appreciate the work of the leak team for the multitude who do install the leaks. Also, because of the leaks I already know what greatness is coming to my Z10.
    I said nothing nasty at all. I was simply responding to the suggestion that these people are talented because of their ability to obtain and supply operating systems. I'm sure they have other talents in life, but that is not a talent.

The fact that they didn't agree with that gives you an idea of the state of their egos. Any normal person would have instantly agreed that it's not a talent.

If that offends you, then you have issues...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:49 AM
    I said nothing nasty at all. I was simply responding to the suggestion that these people are talented because of their ability to obtain and supply operating systems. I'm sure they have other talents in life, but that is not a talent.

The fact that they didn't agree with that gives you an idea of the state of their egos. Any normal person would have instantly agreed that it's not a talent.

Posted via CB10
    SMDH

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    09-16-13 08:11 AM
    Popcorn's ready. Time to sit back and enjoy this.

I do agree with the ego argument with a certain few members but this thread doesn't merit the prolonged whining. I for one am very much thankful for the leaks and additional effort put into testing and documenting of problems with workarounds done by the team.

Can you imagine what the amount of threads that would flood this forum if any leak that showed up was to be made available? It's bad enough that we still have people asking about battery life and not to mention the STL100-1 which is basically BlackBerry's unwanted stepchild.

Wooo saaaa people.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    09-16-13 08:13 AM
    Confucious say man who "pets no cat" very angry man.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Know what, I will agree that the part where I get to test OSes before we leak them is not a talent. I just got plain lucky. Before I was a part of the leaks team I enjoyed spending time on the forums to help people and the leak team saw some kind of value in that, which got me invited. I don't see the team as an elite group, nor does anyone I know on the team. The original 'title' for the group of the Elite Team I believe was coined somewhere around the forums. We changed to BerryLeaks very shortly afterwards because we don't feel we're elite.

I will say we have some very talented people on board who bring much more to the table than just testing and posting of leaks. And no matter how you turn it, we all spend a great deal of time in finding and working out the kinks with the leaks so we are able to provide some form of support, rather than have people drown on their own if they load a leak and run into any kind of issue. People appreciate the time we put in more than the so called 'talent'.

That being said, I think people are offended more by the tone of your posts. I could be wrong, but you come across as someone with a passionate dislike for the BerryLeaks team and how others respond to it. Maybe you feel that way, maybe you don't. It's fine if you do and you're allowed to share you're opinion, but don't be surprised to get defensive responses from people who do enjoy the leaks and who do feel the testing and support part is valuable to them. When you add personal insults like 'if that offends you, then you have issues' it won't bring about any more goodwill.
    09-16-13 08:14 AM
    Know what, I will agree that the part where I get to test OSes before we leak them is not a talent. I just got plain lucky. Before I was a part of the leaks team I enjoyed spending time on the forums to help people and the leak team saw some kind of value in that, which got me invited. I don't see the team as an elite group, nor does anyone I know on the team. The original 'title' for the group of the Elite Team I believe was coined somewhere around the forums. We changed to BerryLeaks very shortly afterwards because we don't feel we're elite.

I will say we have some very talented people on board who bring much more to the table than just testing and posting of leaks. And no matter how you turn it, we all spend a great deal of time in finding and working out the kinks with the leaks so we are able to provide some form of support, rather than have people drown on their own if they load a leak and run into any kind of issue. People appreciate the time we put in more than the so called 'talent'.

That being said, I think people are offended more by the tone of your posts. I could be wrong, but you come across as someone with a passionate dislike for the BerryLeaks team and how others respond to it. Maybe you feel that way, maybe you don't. It's fine if you do and you're allowed to share you're opinion, but don't be surprised to get defensive responses from people who do enjoy the leaks and who do feel the testing and support part is valuable to them. When you add personal insults like 'if that offends you, then you have issues' it won't bring about any more goodwill.
    Thanks for the rational response.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:16 AM
    *sits on the sidelines*

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    09-16-13 08:35 AM
    *sits on the sidelines*

Posted via CB10
    Would be better if you just came in and said "you know what, what we do is not talent, it's just hard work".

That we can respect.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:45 AM
    Would be better if you just came in and said "you know what, what we do is not talent, it's just hard work".

That we can respect.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, no need to respond to people like you. Your entitled to your opinion, and that's cool, not like I care what you think. You either install the leaks or you don't. You either like us or you don't. Doesn't matter to me, we'll keep doing what we're doing. Obviously if we have haters, we're doing something right.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:57 AM
    Nope, no need to respond to people like you. Your entitled to your opinion, and that's cool, not like I care what you think. You either install the leaks or you don't. You either like us or you don't. Doesn't matter to me, we'll keep doing what we're doing. Obviously if we have haters, we're doing something right.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I expected. Keep up the great work.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:01 AM
    Leaks happen when they happen. We need to schedule ourselves! In my case I wait a bit before I try a leak and see what the feedback is BEFORE I put it on my device.

I have decided to close this thread before we have to start handing out infractions.

09-16-13 09:02 AM
40 12