Looks like John Chen has been able to keep the leaked OS's from getting out pretty much that I starting to wonder if he's had the system that Sachesi talks to changed since Sachesi is after all free for public use. I wouldn't put it past John to have the back-end system changed.
    06-23-14 05:57 AM
    Yes, we haven't seen a leaked OS for some time now. We will be anxiously awaiting 10.3.1 in the fall when the Passport hits the scene.
    06-23-14 06:08 AM
    I don't quite understand what's so terrible about leaks... quite frankly to me it appears Crackberry Is the best beta testing community there is.
    The average BlackBerry consumer will not load a leaked/beta OS anyways... so what's the rationale for prohibiting leaks?

Posted via CB10
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    06-23-14 06:13 AM
    I don't quite understand what's so terrible about leaks... quite frankly to me it appears Crackberry Is the best beta testing community there is.
    The average BlackBerry consumer will not load a leaked/beta OS anyways... so what's the rationale for prohibiting leaks?

Posted via CB10
    There is a difference between leaked beta's as you are describing and leaked alpha's. Leaked beta's are generally the OS that carriers test for BB to confirm if fixes need to be applied before a final push the to customer happens. Leaked Alpha's on the other hand are versions of the OS BlackBerry that could hurt the company if they were leaked out, as it gives the competition a heads up what's coming down the pipe.

The bottom line is you don't see leaks or alpha's out there for Android and iOS devices so why should it be available for BlackBerry.

On a legal note: Leaked Alpha's are intellectual property of BlackBerry if you posses one and BlackBerry knew about it, and knew where lived, etc., you could find yourself being dragged through the court system having to pay BlackBerry for damages. I have seen companies like EMC sue its ex-employee's for less. But I will say from what I have seen so far John has the EMC business sense that you wouldn't wan to get on his bad side. LOL
    06-23-14 06:34 AM
    So that means we need leaked alphas asap or it is getting boring in here. There is always somebody knowing somebody working at BlackBerry who has balls of steel stealing software.

RedBerry Z10 #00167 10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 07:08 AM