Originally Posted by Completing
    I do not work for crackberry.com
    neither do we.
    We are only trying to help other people who are installing leaks.
    Thanks graham for starting the findings and fixes thread. I always check it before I install a new leak!

Glad you brought this up. We can't stress enough that this is a free community. Not a pay site.
    We volunteer our time to help those who need it.
    I can only speak for myself but i tend to help those that are nice... NOT demanding. And, more than not ,the people I help end up helping others and so on.

We don't "work" here either. Besides, you can't put a price on the smile of someone who you've helped.
    That's what it's all about here at CB.
    Furell likes this.
    01-01-15 08:58 PM
    i don't know how to explain but i'll try.

this forum is not very efficient in its current state. Actually when you respond to a post it goes to the end of the thread. Then you have to back track to where you were in the reading.

It would be better when a post is made by A on a subject B and when someone respond that the "A" post that the responded post is attached to the "A" post. Like I have seen in other website or like the BBM channel.

So when you read an original ( made by "A" on a subject "B" ) post you would have the choice to read on the subject or not. And/or you keep reading without back tracking

That way it would keep all the thread cleaner and easier to follow

Hope someone would catch the idea that I am trying to lay.

e.g..: post 1 subject "B....bla,bla,bla "
    sub-post...1233444
    sub-post.....56678 which the sub-post is the answer of the post 1 subject B

post 2.subject " not working "
    sub-post..Oh why
    sub-post.. I got a solution

etc
    How about reading before posting. The question or answer may have already been posted. I have no problem following threads. Cb10 and even the website go back to where you left off. So be patient, read some more. This way we don't get multiple questions and answers. People are so impatient. I see answers to questions just above their posts.

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /1949 Apps
    01-01-15 09:04 PM
    well said
    01-01-15 09:04 PM
    I do not work for crackberry.com
    This is just utter STUPIDITY! A perfect example of a completely USELESS community member. I cannot tell you how many co-workers, friends, and family I've helped over the years when it came to BB related issues. NO I DON'T work for CrackBerry either, nor do I get paid by BlackBerry in any way, shape, or form! Unlike you I enjoy being a part of this community. I guess all your really good for is complaining. What a joke!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-01-15 09:29 PM
    01-01-15 09:42 PM
    I don't understand you guys..still bickering I have a site up already lol

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and Blacklatino like this.
    01-01-15 09:50 PM
    Well... since we don't read the history, it's always destined to repeat.

While I appreciate the bug tracker, I'm not sure how different this is from the survey. Also, there is a wiki in the find/fix OP, so whoever asked for that isn't even reading what they're criticizing.

No matter how much work a few put in to help, the masses unfortunately won't appreciate it. #sadtruthoftheday
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-01-15 09:59 PM
    I don't understand you guys..still bickering I have a site up already lol

Posted via CB10
    Get with the program already dagnabit! It's what we do.
    01-01-15 10:01 PM
    Well... since we don't read the history, it's always destined to repeat.

While I appreciate the bug tracker, I'm not sure how different this is from the survey. Also, there is a wiki in the find/fix OP, so whoever asked for that isn't even reading what they're criticizing.

No matter how much work a few put in to help, the masses unfortunately won't appreciate it. #sadtruthoftheday
    Yea a lot of people don't read at all!! People ask for the link for the autoloader when it's right on the first post!!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and moyah8 like this.
    01-01-15 10:04 PM
    Yea a lot of people don't read at all!! People ask for the link for the autoloader when it's right on the first post!!

Posted via CB10
    Yup reading is the key, I really suggest for new member do some reading first before installing or do something

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and moyah8 like this.
    01-01-15 10:18 PM
    Yup reading is the key, I really suggest for new member do some reading first before installing or do something

Posted via CB10
    The leak cheerleaders are all too happy to encourage blind leaps, and take offense if you suggest otherwise. Typically the same ones who think wiping is necessary, and restore always results in bugs.

If only there was a bad advice infraction...

Uzi and moyah8 like this.
    01-01-15 10:28 PM
    Few ideas for new leak related information page @ http://berrybugs.com/bug_report_page.php

Can you make "What OS are you using" to a Drop-down list?
    I can guarantee you will get all sorts of garbage on this form filed and we will end up with similar mess like the "Findings and fixes" threads are.

"Type" - can you change the default to "Finding"
    "Additional Information" is probably useless and can be removed (you can do that via configuration file)
    What radio are you on - dropdown is probably better because of typing mistakes etc.
    *What OS version were you using prior - dropdown is probably better because of typing mistakes etc.
    BSar and moyah8 like this.
    01-02-15 06:21 AM
    How about reading before posting. The question or answer may have already been posted. I have no problem following threads. Cb10 and even the website go back to where you left off. So be patient, read some more. This way we don't get multiple questions and answers. People are so impatient. I see answers to questions just above their posts.

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /1949 Apps
    when you come late to the party that is already started. Reading through 30 pages is hard to remember where you might have seen something..
    I agree that some people seems not to read when the answer is about two post up. Also when someone start reading when there is already 30 pages, I am sure some people doesn't take the time to start at post one
    01-02-15 06:27 AM
    i don't know how to explain but i'll try.

this forum is not very efficient in its current state. Actually when you respond to a post it goes to the end of the thread. Then you have to back track to where you were in the reading.

It would be better when a post is made by A on a subject B and when someone respond that the "A" post that the responded post is attached to the "A" post. Like I have seen in other website or like the BBM channel.

So when you read an original ( made by "A" on a subject "B" ) post you would have the choice to read on the subject or not. And/or you keep reading without back tracking

That way it would keep all the thread cleaner and easier to follow

Hope someone would catch the idea that I am trying to lay.

e.g..: post 1 subject "B....bla,bla,bla "
    sub-post...1233444
    sub-post.....56678 which the sub-post is the answer of the post 1 subject B

post 2.subject " not working "
    sub-post..Oh why
    sub-post.. I got a solution

etc
    Easily done with a subreddit : www.reddit.com
    I prefer this compared to bug tracker.. easy signup, people can upvote, and clean reply system.

Posted via CB10
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    01-02-15 06:27 AM
    Easily done with a subreddit : www.reddit.com
    I prefer this compared to bug tracker.. easy signup, people can upvote, and clean reply system.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea, if someone set that up I'd use it and it seems to be the easiest solution that's come up so far. IMO anyway.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:17 AM
    Will do!

Thanks for the input! I hope you use it one day
    01-02-15 10:27 PM
    Let's be realistic, we all have and are trying out leaks we should otherwise not be entitled to. We try these leaks with risks and not everyone has the same issues.

Though I like the idea of a bug tracker like I do the findings and fixes threads for reference, bugs are part and partial of people floating the leaky boat and they have to be accepted.

I think it's been made more complex because at one time a new thread was opened with each issue found, while this is a pain because of duplicate threads it can be managed by keeping one thread to a particular topic.
    Create a new parent on the forums like 'Findings and Fixes' and have threads go there. Just like we have rehab and other parent levels.

Having one thread with findings and fixes is unmanageable and I'd agree, few will troll through hundreds of entries, effectively making it just as bad as having hundreds of threads on the same issue.

Also having a findings and fixes parent level within the forums allows it to be managed and consolidated more.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    01-03-15 05:39 AM
    Let's be realistic, we all have and are trying out leaks we should otherwise not be entitled to. We try these leaks with risks and not everyone has the same issues.

Though I like the idea of a bug tracker like I do the findings and fixes threads for reference, bugs are part and partial of people floating the leaky boat and they have to be accepted.

I think it's been made more complex because at one time a new thread was opened with each issue found, while this is a pain because of duplicate threads it can be managed by keeping one thread to a particular topic.
    Create a new parent on the forums like 'Findings and Fixes' and have threads go there. Just like we have rehab and other parent levels.

Having one thread with findings and fixes is unmanageable and I'd agree, few will troll through hundreds of entries, effectively making it just as bad as having hundreds of threads on the same issue.

Also having a findings and fixes parent level within the forums allows it to be managed and consolidated more.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I think that's very similar to what I suggested earlier. Many other software companies create subforums for each version of their software and then all bugs and questions related to that version go in there. Like you say, duplicate threads are still going to exist but it also gives us the option to search for issues within the leak version we have installed.

Problem with this is a forum moderator would need to setup a subforum everytime a new leak comes out or anticipate a new leak version before it gets posted... although I suppose once a leak post has been started, they could just as well move the thread to it's respective subforum.
    01-04-15 09:38 AM
    I'll avidly start using berrybugs since I'd like to make that place of use for lurkers all around. It's a great idea, but sadly the script doesn't have a responsive design which is a big turn off for me
    01-05-15 01:59 AM
    I'll avidly start using berrybugs since I'd like to make that place of use for lurkers all around. It's a great idea, but sadly the script doesn't have a responsive design which is a big turn off for me
    Sorry but please do use it! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:40 AM
    I think that's very similar to what I suggested earlier. Many other software companies create subforums for each version of their software and then all bugs and questions related to that version go in there. Like you say, duplicate threads are still going to exist but it also gives us the option to search for issues within the leak version we have installed.

Problem with this is a forum moderator would need to setup a subforum everytime a new leak comes out or anticipate a new leak version before it gets posted... although I suppose once a leak post has been started, they could just as well move the thread to it's respective subforum.
    Actually there is even simpler solution for the problem - adding tags to forum posts.
    This forum software is obviously missing this functionality and that really sucks.

Lets say we have a thread: "Leaked OS 11.9.9.9 Findings and fixes"
    As we can see in countless examples, most of the replies in this type of thread will be useless blabberings. If this forum had label/tag support, those useless posts can be tagged as "irrelevant" or "off topic" or something similar.

Some posts will describe a new feature, so it can be tagged as "new feature"
    Someone has find a bug, so it can be tagged as "bug" etc.
    and so on and on.

Now, if forum member can filter out all the "irrelevant" and "off topic" chit-chat form rabid fanboys and their lady-boy counterparts... guess what, this forum thread become useful - MAGIC!

PS! Thank you xxsashixx for setting up the bug tracker.

Cheers!
    01-15-15 03:03 AM
96 ... 234