Yea I'm still fiddling with perms and stuff but you guys can go ahead and start reporting
    12-31-14 03:53 PM
    Good job.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:48 PM
    Yea I'm still fiddling with perms and stuff but you guys can go ahead and start reporting
    Not all of us have your capabilities - so thanks for the effort! I go through the threads, but sometimes they get extensive without much info.
    12-31-14 05:06 PM
    Not all of us have your capabilities - so thanks for the effort! I go through the threads, but sometimes they get extensive without much info.
    Just need people to start reporting

I'll see if I can report all the bugs on the tracker in this thread

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:07 PM
    Just need people to start reporting

I'll see if I can report all the bugs on the tracker in this thread

Posted via CB10
    Respectfully, if it requires the creation of a Google account I will pass. I have lived this long w/o one and don't want to create one any time soon. :-)

Thank you for stepping up and putting this together though.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 05:13 PM
    Respectfully, if it requires the creation of a Google account I will pass. I have lived this long w/o one and don't want to create one any time soon. :-)

Thank you for stepping up and putting this together though.

It doesn't need one, you can sign in using just an email

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:39 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry Browser doesn't like it. It doesn't allow me to register lol.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 07:32 PM
    As a manager in QA, I can say this won't lead to much and will piddle out over time. That being said, I do like Mantis.

Bug reports need to be well written and there is often way too little info specified by a layman to properly shape the issue. Even with testers who do it for a living, a developer can waste a lot of time on not reproducing a bug due to incorrect/missing information. Who would read through them all? Who would remove duplicates? How experienced are the users so that user errors don't fill up the bug tracker?

I think a wiki would get more traction. Easier to read, easier to edit, and more of an "information dump" than a bug tracker.
    12-31-14 07:36 PM
    As a manager in QA, I can say this won't lead to much and will piddle out over time. That being said, I do like Mantis.

Bug reports need to be well written and there is often way too little info specified by a layman to properly shape the issue. Even with testers who do it for a living, a developer can waste a lot of time on not reproducing a bug due to incorrect/missing information. Who would read through them all? Who would remove duplicates? How experienced are the users so that user errors don't fill up the bug tracker?

I think a wiki would get more traction. Easier to read, easier to edit, and more of an "information dump" than a bug tracker.
    I can definitely set up a wiki if you think it is better

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:31 PM
    You are always welcomed to make it.
    Sorry but i think it's up to the Guy Who start kind of "findings" post to manage the topic. It's crazy that admin do not make this rule the main rule: you start � topic "findings and fixes" so manage it and make summarize of findings on first post. It's just logical... you want the fame, so assume the job not just create � topic

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:38 PM
    Sorry but i think it's up to the Guy Who start kind of "findings" post to manage the topic. It's crazy that admin do not make this rule the main rule: you start � topic "findings and fixes" so manage it and make summarize of findings on first post. It's just logical... you want the fame, so assume the job not just create � topic

Posted via CB10
    Very true however I do think that these topics are very hard to manage as most people don't even read the OP

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-31-14 08:44 PM
    I definitely agree that trying to find useful information on a bug that I may have, for example, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Then I don't like to bother asking a question for fear of the people getting so upset by repeat questions.
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-31-14 08:49 PM
    I definitely agree that trying to find useful information on a bug that I may have, for example, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Then I don't like to bother asking a question for fear of the people getting so upset by repeat questions.
    I find that there's more small talk with these threads than actual real "findings and fixes"

Posted via CB10
    thedose and needforbbx like this.
    12-31-14 09:01 PM
    I find that there's more small talk with these threads than actual real "findings and fixes"

Posted via CB10
    I stopped following these types of threads for this very reason, and I hope people really start using your bugtracker because it looks good!

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-31-14 09:19 PM
    everything seems useless now
    12-31-14 09:32 PM
    I stopped following these types of threads for this very reason, and I hope people really start using your bugtracker because it looks good!

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    +1
    12-31-14 09:33 PM
    Hi,

Did anyone successfully registered in the Crackberry Bug Tracker page?
    I've tried and after registration is completed, I am not able to sign in?

Did i miss any steps?
    Tried to use the auto generated password to log in.

Any advice?
    12-31-14 09:37 PM
    i don't know how to explain but i'll try.

this forum is not very efficient in its current state. Actually when you respond to a post it goes to the end of the thread. Then you have to back track to where you were in the reading.

It would be better when a post is made by A on a subject B and when someone respond that the "A" post that the responded post is attached to the "A" post. Like I have seen in other website or like the BBM channel.

So when you read an original ( made by "A" on a subject "B" ) post you would have the choice to read on the subject or not. And/or you keep reading without back tracking

That way it would keep all the thread cleaner and easier to follow

Hope someone would catch the idea that I am trying to lay.

e.g..: post 1 subject "B....bla,bla,bla "
    sub-post...1233444
    sub-post.....56678 which the sub-post is the answer of the post 1 subject B

post 2.subject " not working "
    sub-post..Oh why
    sub-post.. I got a solution

etc
    BSar likes this.
    12-31-14 10:59 PM

this forum is not very efficient in its current state. Actually when you respond to a post it goes to the end of the thread. Then you have to back track to where you were in the reading.

It would be better when a post is made by A on a subject B and when someone respond that the "A" post that the responded post is attached to the "A" post. Like I have seen in other website or like the BBM channel.

So when you read an original ( made by "A" on a subject "B" ) post you would have the choice to read on the subject or not. And/or you keep reading without back tracking

sub-post...1233444

sub-post..Oh why

etc
    I know what you mean. Reddit has that type of system

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:08 PM
    I know what you mean. Reddit has that type of system

Posted via CB10
    when I come across of those site I like it cause it is easy to follow. This community should be the same way
    12-31-14 11:24 PM
    when I come across of those site I like it cause it is easy to follow. This community should be the same way
    Well mine will be up indefinitely so hopefully this community will use it

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:31 PM
    It doesn't need one, you can sign in using just an email

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! I will definitely try to use it with my next leak.

01-01-15 08:05 AM

sub-post...1233444

sub-post..Oh why

etc
    There are a couple of optional display versions for displaying the Forum, though most use the default view. Use the "Display" drop-down at right just above the first post on the page. Try the "Threaded or Hybrid" modes. One of these may be more to your liking. If so, go to your Forum settings > general settings to set your preferred view.

Also, feel free to add feedback in the "site feedback" section -- that's where the site admin's will see your comments.
    Alain_A and anon(3732391) like this.
    01-01-15 12:13 PM
    There are a couple of optional display versions for displaying the Forum, though most use the default view. Use the "Display" drop-down at right just above the first post on the page. Try the "Threaded or Hybrid" modes. One of these may be more to your liking. If so, go to your Forum settings > general settings to set your preferred view.

Also, feel free to add feedback in the "site feedback" section -- that's where the site admin's will see your comments.
    well that doesn't work great...when I click on subject many pages down, the hybrid goes back to OP when I am done with that sibject. So a lot of scrolling and hard to find where I was.

I doubt something will be changed if I am the only one that want it.

but thanks was interesting to look at
    01-01-15 12:47 PM
    I do not work for crackberry.com
    neither do we.
    We are only trying to help other people who are installing leaks.
    Thanks graham for starting the findings and fixes thread. I always check it before I install a new leak!
    anon(3732391) and Furell like this.
    01-01-15 08:34 PM
96 1234