I just came for the cookies...
    ...but you just ended up with a bunch of nuts! :P
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-31-14 12:00 PM
    The ONLY thing that would be of any use to BlackBerry is what they did with its beta program. We were able to report a bug and submit a complete and extensive device log to them. Without the complete device state, reporting a "bug" is essentially useless.

I still stand by the "conversation" model we have now. Posting something in an OP that says "android notifications do not work if you did a partial restore on Tuesday, and installed Google maps on the previous Friday while jumping on one foot" is of minimal value. Waaaaayyy too many variables. Very few issues can be considered global and independent of specific device state.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    12-31-14 12:40 PM
    Realistically, findings and fixes threads in their own right are kinda useless. In most cases, you're hunting bugs for older OS' that even BlackBerry isn't using any more nor are they testing lol. But I digress.
    moody and Furell like this.
    12-31-14 12:42 PM
    I totally agree it's useless, if no one make a summary of the finding on the first post it's a waste of time

Posted via CB10
    Why bother, people don't read it anyways.
    Completing and coldfir3 like this.
    12-31-14 12:42 PM
    I have no problem setting up a bug tracker, i think it is a great idea
    BSar, needforbbx, moody and 1 others like this.
    12-31-14 12:47 PM
    LOL at the man who said he doesn't work for CrackBerry. Thanks for the laugh.

I don't see why ppl wanna change something that's not broken. The current method works. Albeit, not the most effective but it works. Ppl just need to refrain from posting useless BS. But I digress.

One way we could make this more effective tho, could done by everyone adding their device model to their posts. That way you can just come on here, hit search and you know the rest.

Edit: I forgot ppl don't even use the search function. Nvm, carry on.
    To OP, you can't win on this forum. The moment u understand that, ur life will be better lool

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by coldfir3; 12-31-14 at 01:16 PM.
    12-31-14 12:49 PM
    LOL at the man who said he doesn't work for BlackBerry. Thanks for the laugh.

I don't see why ppl wanna change something that's not broken. The current method works. Albeit, not the most effective but it works. Ppl just need to refrain from posting useless BS. But I digress.

One way we could make this more effective tho, could done by everyone adding their device model to their posts. That way you can just come on here, hit search and you know the rest.

Edit: I forgot ppl don't even use the search function. Nvm, carry on.
    To OP, you can't win on this forum. The moment u understand that, ur life will be better lool

Posted via CB10
    The trick for device model is putting it in your Sig, but yes, I agree with you! :P

With OP, this is the type of forum where if you're going to criticize others ideas, you had better be willing to back up your own idea!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 01:01 PM
    The trick for device model is putting it in your Sig, but yes, I agree with you! :P

Not many people use signatures

Hey no but seriously, its time for me to give back to the community

If the mods/community is okay with it, I can setup a bug tracker
    D3C0D3R and needforbbx like this.
    12-31-14 01:02 PM
    I have no problem setting up a bug tracker, i think it is a great idea
    This is an example of a nice guy/lady. He/she willingly offered a solution, resulting from his/her own resources. It would be nice to try if you manage to get this tracker going, and then either decide to keep it or decide if it's not that great idea. I think that even myself get all this thread the wrong way; the op didn't mean that he wouldn't do it because he's not paid to, he said that he hasn't access (in his own opinion) needed to do it on this website. But, hey, probably it's best to keep calm, and if there's a way to try it, just give them the chance to do so.
    But I'd like to remark xxsashixx's initiative for volunteering. Just that.
    Completing likes this.
    12-31-14 01:03 PM
    Why not both?

BlackBerry hates America!
    BSar likes this.
    12-31-14 01:14 PM

Forum search includes sigs as well?! i didnt know this
    12-31-14 01:28 PM
    Oh look, here we go again - Leaked OS 10.3.1.1949 Findings and fixes + Questionnaire etc etc etc

Do any of you know what a bug tracker is?

Please, stop this nonsense and move to bug tracker where all this information, you spend so much time writing, can actually be organized so it becomes useful.

Those 10,20,30+ pages long threads are absolute waste of time and effort. On top of this, 75-90% of posts in those threads have virtually nothing to do with a new versions.

Setting up a bugtracker and customizing it to fit our "Findings and fixes" needs is not complicated (speaking form experience).
    Let us know when you have it setup. Thanks!!
    12-31-14 01:44 PM
    The find/fix threads are a work in progress. This thread is a piece of work, LoL.
    deezy87, DLewis13, john_v and 4 others like this.
    12-31-14 01:45 PM
    So its okay if i set one up?
    12-31-14 01:49 PM
    So its okay if i set one up?
    You certainly can, though I'm not sure how that would work. If it's going to rely on CrackBerry servers, Chris will have to approve it. Not sure how much more good it will do, but one thing I do know...

I've little patience for those who have all the time in the world to complain, and not want to put forth the effort to help. Graham is trying and deserves credit for it.
    HotFix, moyah8, moody and 2 others like this.
    12-31-14 01:53 PM
    You certainly can, though I'm not sure how that would work. If it's going to rely on CrackBerry servers, Chris will have to approve it. Not sure how much more good it will do, but one thing I do know...

I've little patience for those who have all the time in the world to complain, and not want to put forth the effort to help. Graham is trying and deserves credit for it.
    It will be on my own servers
    12-31-14 02:03 PM
    It will be on my own servers
    Marvelous darling, marvelous.
    needforbbx and D3C0D3R like this.
    12-31-14 02:09 PM
    I installed and tested 2 different bug trackers to see, how much I can strip those down to bare minimum and still have them functioning properly.
    I used Mantis and The Bug Genie because they are very well configurable and I have done some crazy stuff with Mantis (like running a publishing house on it)
    There are tons of other free and open bug trackers out there. Main thing is, you must be able to dumb it down as much as possible and leave only few field available:

• Short description
    • Phone model (drop down)
    • OS Version (drop down)
    • Type (found new feature, missing a feature pr available, bug, annoyance, etc...)
    • Detailed Description (usual blaa blaa blaa)
    • + upload screen shot or some other attachment.
    • etc...

I am not going to host this stuff on my server and if someone else understand why my proposed idea can benefit the BB community, feel free to set it up and enjoy the fame and glory 'I can't care less.

Cheers!
    12-31-14 02:10 PM
    12-31-14 03:00 PM
    Alright so I'm still working on it.. but here you guys go

Berrybugs - Unofficial Crackberry Bug Tracker

I still have yet to edit things. I do like the default Bug on the favicon and website so I think I'll stick with it.. I rather not use CB as its kinda patented lol
    12-31-14 03:02 PM
    Alright so I'm still working on it.. but here you guys go

Berrybugs - Unofficial Crackberry Bug Tracker

I still have yet to edit things. I do like the default Bug on the favicon and website so I think I'll stick with it.. I rather not use CB as its kinda patented lol
    Ew, I have to sign up.
    12-31-14 03:26 PM
    Ew, I have to sign up.
    You have to sign up to report yes but not to view

Edit: NVM fixing

Edit2: Fixed
    12-31-14 03:29 PM
    Tried it. Registered a new username. It logged in but says forbidden access. Good effort though.

I dont think there is anything fundamentally different between using subforums for each leak version over an official bug tracker. You're still going to get new threads/bugs added for issues that have been covered 40+ times just because people dont search or read.

Edit: Oh nice interface. Very clean and seems like it could stay organized.
    Attached Thumbnails Leaked OS 10.* Findings and fixes ARE USELESS - lets move to bug tracker!-screen-shot-2014-12-31-4.26.49-pm.png  
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-31-14 03:34 PM
    Leaked OS 10.* Findings and fixes ARE USELESS - lets move to bug tracker!-cb1.jpgtried registering with Google. And got this.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:36 PM
    Thx, have a few other names for it, but I'm nice.

The find/fix threads are a work in progress. This thread is a piece of work, LoL.
    12-31-14 03:48 PM
96 1234