I'm having trouble with MMS on AT&T and my z30. I can send or receive them for a while, one or two days, then suddenly all MMS stops. Send and receive. Regular sms works fine.

If I power down and restart, all the old MMS messages that were stuck suddenly start moving.

This is a deal breaker. I am faced with reverting to prior leak, or moving off BlackBerry. I am sad.

A reinstall does not fix.
    You do know what a leak is, right?
    bozzg86, BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    01-13-15 04:55 PM
    I'm having trouble with MMS on AT&T and my z30. I can send or receive them for a while, one or two days, then suddenly all MMS stops. Send and receive. Regular sms works fine.

If I power down and restart, all the old MMS messages that were stuck suddenly start moving.

This is a deal breaker. I am faced with reverting to prior leak, or moving off BlackBerry. I am sad.

A reinstall does not fix.
    Every post you've made was an issue with a leak. Go back to official, and save yourself the frustration.
    kbz1960 and garpt like this.
    01-13-15 05:36 PM
    battery life is poor on the z30... did a clean install not backup restore and also copying saved files back to the phone memory is very slow and annoying is there anyway through this?
    Last edited by rakeem147; 01-13-15 at 06:51 PM.
    01-13-15 06:40 PM
    How long has it been? The first day is bad. It gets much better.
    01-13-15 07:01 PM
    Instagram android is getting push notifications. For some people

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:57 PM
    It been a week now, And also the screen fickle too
    01-14-15 12:37 AM
    Every post you've made was an issue with a leak. Go back to official, and save yourself the frustration.
    I am a man of few words. This is an official thread and my problem is real. If IS of interest to other upgraders, it is more relevant than 46% of the prattling and grousing here on this thread, and honestly I'm sorry you felt you needed to outburst in public this way. I'm embarrassed for you too.

Good day.
    01-14-15 01:02 AM
    I am a man of few words. This is an official thread and my problem is real. If IS of interest to other upgraders, it is more relevant than 46% of the prattling and grousing here on this thread, and honestly I'm sorry you felt you needed to outburst in public this way. I'm embarrassed for you too.

Good day.
    No one should fault you for reporting issues.

I just think that it can be frustrating for people who are here to help (on an enthusiast site, no less) to constantly read things like "...so therefore BlackBerry is stupid", or "...so therefore I may have to ditch BlackBerry" after reporting a problem with a leaked OS (I think you may have been guilty of the latter).

To boot (this is a general statement), it can be even more frustrating when the issue is self-inflicted due to mistakes made during the installation or restoring process.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 06:52 AM
    battery life is poor on the z30... did a clean install not backup restore and also copying saved files back to the phone memory is very slow and annoying is there anyway through this?
    Yes going back to official. That will help a little. BB10 can be hoggy on memory as it is and leaks exacerbate the issue. Especially with any background/headless apps running. For me the memory tradeoff isn't worth the lack of features we get in 10.3.1

Hot White Z30 Straight talk
    01-14-15 09:49 AM
    I'm not sure what caused "file system error with SD card", it just happened. And cannot access files via file manager, all media (music, podcasts, and movies) aren't accessible from their apps too.

Setup:
    .1949 autoloaded on z10 stl-3 with no modifications to system, installed exfat bar file, new 64gb SanDisk SD card formatted in z10.

I'm reluctant to reformat again because setting up the media files is really time-consuming: normalizing music library, downloading a lot of podcasts, re-downloading BBW movies; and the card is about 85 to 90% full.

Everything was running great for the past few weeks up until now, and tried a reboot but same situation...

Any advice? Thanks

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    turns out the problem was a recently installed android app, don't know why because its a twitter app
    01-14-15 01:13 PM
    Hi guys, need your input on something...

After having tried earlier 10.3.1 leaks on my Q10 but had to go back to 10.2.2 every time. So I went for 2072 today (after having the same trouble with 1949), nuke'd the phone prior to using the autoloader. Earlier 10.3.1 builds had always caused me excessive battery drain (i.e. Idle time less than 4 hours and the battery was dead) - but only after setting up my email/activesync accounts.

Turns out, the same is true for 2072 so I did some more investigating. Device monitor is showing an average CPU consumption for "PIM Services" between 20-40% at all times, so this is the culprit and it makes sense since the OS is stable up to the point where I set up active sync accounts.

Now you'd think the email accounts would actually work, but they don't. Neither the email nor the calender (disabled contact and task sync) actually show up on the phone.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

In case you're wondering, the server on the other side is an OpenXchange server which is an alternative implementation of Microsoft's ActiveSync.

Thanks for your ideas & input.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Theresias; 01-14-15 at 08:44 PM.
    01-14-15 08:03 PM
    Isn't .2072 basically identical to .1949 except for some sort of update to carrier data?
    01-14-15 08:53 PM
    Isn't .2072 basically identical to .1949 except for some sort of update to carrier data?
    *And changes in the Core os that are present but not reflected in the app files.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-14-15 08:55 PM
    Hi guys, need your input on something...

After having tried earlier 10.3.1 leaks on my Q10 but had to go back to 10.2.2 every time. So I went for 2072 today (after having the same trouble with 1949), nuke'd the phone prior to using the autoloader. Earlier 10.3.1 builds had always caused me excessive battery drain (i.e. Idle time less than 4 hours and the battery was dead) - but only after setting up my email/activesync accounts.

Turns out, the same is true for 2072 so I did some more investigating. Device monitor is showing an average CPU consumption for "PIM Services" between 20-40% at all times, so this is the culprit and it makes sense since the OS is stable up to the point where I set up active sync accounts.

Now you'd think the email accounts would actually work, but they don't. Neither the email nor the calender (disabled contact and task sync) actually show up on the phone.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

In case you're wondering, the server on the other side is an OpenXchange server which is an alternative implementation of Microsoft's ActiveSync.

Thanks for your ideas & input.

Posted via CB10
    This was normal. When you first set up accounts on a leak, it's a good day or two for all those ram and cpu numbers to return to normal levels because the phone is forced to index and resync everything all over again. It can also take a while for the account info to sync and show up. This also makes for higher initial battery drain, and it's exacerbated by running a restore. If you want the leak, run the autoloader again without restore, and let the phone "settle" for at least a day or two (indexing, syncing, etc.) before you really start peeking at those numbers, until then your gonna see lots of high numbers. And the more accounts, the higher the numbers and longer it takes.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 09:00 PM
    Snap is not working any more ... it crashes. I tried it on 10.3.0.1418 and now on 1.1949. So... it seems that Snap is not compatible with 10.3.x

Amazon is lacking some of the apps visible in Snap... and I know these apps work. E.g. Bank apps.
    01-14-15 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the comment, I was hoping it was the indexing. With an earlier leak I did let it sit for a while, not for a day or two though. Haven't done a restore due to previous negative comments, so I guess I'll just wait and see then. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:20 PM
    Snap is not working any more ... it crashes. I tried it on 10.3.0.1418 and now on 1.1949. So... it seems that Snap is not compatible with 10.3.x

Amazon is lacking some of the apps visible in Snap... and I know these apps work. E.g. Bank apps.
    Not sure what your issue is, but I can assure you Snap has been compatible on every leak so far.
    01-14-15 09:22 PM
    Thanks for the comment, I was hoping it was the indexing. With an earlier leak I did let it sit for a while, not for a day or two though. Haven't done a restore due to previous negative comments, so I guess I'll just wait and see then. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    I always restore. Probably an app. Try 2072, and don't restore anything in apps but system data. You probably had a bad load.

Edit - Sorry, read that wrong. Thought you wrote you had waited a day or two. Definitely give it time, and a few volume key reboots.
    01-14-15 09:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:28 PM
    Not sure what your issue is, but I can assure you Snap has been compatible on every leak so far.
    The problems I'm having are...

1. It did not restore when I restored from backup. So I side loaded Snap version 2.0.0.2 again.
    2. It does not remember my login credentials. Have to login every time.
    3. It does not display the application icons when I browse. Only the names appear ... without their associated icons.

Leaked OS 10.3.1.1949 Findings and fixes + Questionnaire-img_20150115_143432.jpg

4. I can search, but when I select any app... it crashes... Drops right out.
    01-14-15 09:45 PM
    The problems I'm having are...

1. It did not restore when I restored from backup. So I side loaded Snap version 2.0.0.2 again.
    2. It does not remember my login credentials. Have to login every time.
    3. It does not display the application icons when I browse. Only the names appear ... without their associated icons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150115_143432.jpg 
Views:	895 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	327430

4. I can search, but when I select any app... it crashes... Drops right out.
    1) It can't, you always have to sideload again from a destructive load.
    2) You should have to sign in again, but just once.

I'll skip the rest. Download a fresh copy of Snap to install. Are you using Sachesi to install it? That's some peculiar behavior.
    01-14-15 09:53 PM
    on (2) I have to sign in every time.

I'm using Chrome App Manager to install it. And I've done it twice with the same result.
    01-14-15 10:12 PM
    on (2) I have to sign in every time.

I'm using Chrome App Manager to install it. And I've done it twice with the same result.
    Stop trying the same thing, expecting a different result.

Use Sachesi to load it, and use a fresh download, just in case the file got corrupt somehow.
    01-14-15 10:38 PM
    Stop trying the same thing, expecting a different result.

Use Sachesi to load it
    Okay... You are right. It works now. Thanks a million.
    BigBadWulf and moody like this.
    01-14-15 11:00 PM
    Okay... You are right. It works now. Thanks a million.
    Yay! Another satisfied tortured soul.
    moody and kbz1960 like this.
    01-14-15 11:04 PM
697 ... 25262728