Light, proximity for example

Since 10.2 I am not able to turn screen off when on call and the enhanced interactions in 10.3 like lift to wakeup device and face down for power safe.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    The sensors are working correctly, the advance interactions are there but don't work right now, just like the picture password when was first leaked.

Posted via CB10
    Yass85 likes this.
    03-26-14 07:13 AM
    Give me your attention.
    Look 5 posts above yours...
    You've got "sys.settings.accounts" instead of "sys.settings"

Please put the correct BAR file in the file you uploaded.

Posted via CB10
    eybee1970 likes this.
    03-26-14 07:14 AM
    good feedback on BB10 from my fellow android user:

why BB 10 keyboard do not add AUTOMATIC SPACE after Punctuation marks?!
    everyone hits space after ,.?! etc, so why it is not automated?!
    Because that is stupid - try writing an email address wit h that...
    On BlackBerry you hit space twice which gives you a fill stop and a space - which is better because there is no use for double fill stops in regular text.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-26-14 07:20 AM
    Hello Crackberry members. I just wanted to pass on what I have experienced so far and how I corrected my issues.

I was originally on the latest official version from T-mobile but my hardware is a STL100-2 just for your reference.�

First thing is I backed up my Z and then installed 10.3 with the autoloader. I then restored my Z and began setting up some things because the few android apps I had were now gone. I would always get a pop up about some android item had stopped. I would then tap ok and everything would be good after that unless you minimized the app and the same pop up would occur.
    Then I though why not load an older android. Well this created more pop ups and I couldn't get past them.�

I then thought about all of my prior leak installs. I never use to restore and I would just start from scratch. So that's what I did. Ran the autoloader again but did not wipe or restore just started fresh. I then began setting everything up again. I didn't have any issues with android this time. I ran into a new issue. This was the "camera cannot be started". All I did to correct this is restart my phone holding down the power button
    until the LED turned on.� After this I have not had any other issue except one bug which is in BBM when you don't show the action bar. Also the new advanced interaction setting does not work but that was said in the OP.

Besides all the new reported features I have noticed something by accident, but it may have always be there in a developer OS. When you are on the home screen and you swipe down at the battery meter you get a pop up with CPU, ram and other use. If you swipe down again you get a bar graph, and swipe again then it is cleared. It is a pretty neat discovery for me.�

For me this is my everyday driver and I see no reason to downgrade to10.2.1. Everything so far functions as it is supposed to.
    That device monitor has always been there on sich early developer builds.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:22 AM
    You've got "sys.settings.accounts" instead of "sys.settings"

Please put the correct BAR file in the file you uploaded.

Posted via CB10
    thx...corrected
    AzzlanOfBB likes this.
    03-26-14 07:24 AM
    I am a huge nikon fan. I knkow its unlikely, but Im hoping nikon makes the next camera sensor and lens for blackberry. That would be the ultimate device for me.
    Yeah, a Nikon lens would be nice, not being a fanboy, but I think Nikon lenses are superior to Canon ones, while Canon has DSLR bodies filled with all the new electronics. But I don't think we'll ever see them making lenses or any other parts for BlackBerry simply because Nikon concentrates on cameras only while Canon sells all kind of stuff including printers. But hell yeah, I'd love to sport a Nikon logo on my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:28 AM
    good feedback on BB10 from my fellow android user:

why BB 10 keyboard do not add AUTOMATIC SPACE after Punctuation marks?!
    everyone hits space after ,.?! etc, so why it is not automated?!
    Exactly as DetlevCM said - BlackBerry puts both a period and a space when you hit spacebar twice, I think it's a lot more handy than what Android does.

It's a regular Android/iOS users behaviour that I've noticed. That they get used to specific things on their devices and claim that whoever does it a bit differently is wrong and useless. I've been trying to explain a friend of mine that his calendar widget covering a whole homescreen page isn't better than my calendar Active Frame cause I can see 4 different apps/status info like battery, network and weather at the same time while he has to swipe screens all the time. But it's pointless to explain, some get it, some not...

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-26-14 07:37 AM
    Yeah, a Nikon lens would be nice, not being a fanboy, but I think Nikon lenses are superior to Canon ones, while Canon has DSLR bodies filled with all the new electronics. But I don't think we'll ever see them making lenses or any other parts for BlackBerry simply because Nikon concentrates on cameras only while Canon sells all kind of stuff including printers. But hell yeah, I'd love to sport a Nikon logo on my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Oh, the newest Canon are very good - I suspect many Nikon lenses are a bit younger than the Canon equivalent. (my 24-70 is a 20+ years old design...)

Fin facts though, Nikon uses Canon sensors and Zeiss - via Schott - supplies the glass for at least some Nikon lenses...

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    03-26-14 07:40 AM
    Because that is stupid - try writing an email address wit h that...
    On BlackBerry you hit space twice which gives you a fill stop and a space - which is better because there is no use for double fill stops in regular text.

Posted via CB10
    well, i am not talking about web address or email address.
    those field have their own specific. i talk about message body.

but I found that spaces are put after punctuations when using swiping

you hit double space and get full stop + space. what about coma? Question mark? Exclamation?!
    03-26-14 08:19 AM
    That means that my sensors are down.
    Does someone know what's going wrong with this or how to make them work again ?
    BBVE says that they are not responding.
    The device is physically fine and nothing is broken or down in it.

Thanks in advance

PS : I'm talking about my Z10 not my Q10 I am writing from.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-26-14 08:21 AM
    Exactly as DetlevCM said - BlackBerry puts both a period and a space when you hit spacebar twice, I think it's a lot more handy than what Android does.

It's a regular Android/iOS users behaviour that I've noticed. That they get used to specific things on their devices and claim that whoever does it a bit differently is wrong and useless. I've been trying to explain a friend of mine that his calendar widget covering a whole homescreen page isn't better than my calendar Active Frame cause I can see 4 different apps/status info like battery, network and weather at the same time while he has to swipe screens all the time. But it's pointless to explain, some get it, some not...

Posted via CB10
    I agree with full stop.
    but comma, question mark and exclamation would be really usefull. especially when my language is not fully supported and I cannot use swipe all the time (actually i can use it only 10% of time in my language, when 100% in english)
    03-26-14 08:22 AM
    So far I have noticed that I can't get the music player to work and the same with bluetooth. Anyone else notice this?
    I have STA100-3 Z10 model

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:51 AM
    HDR sample shot. But this time I cheated a bit, it's edited in Snapseed

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-_1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:05 AM
    HDR sample shot. But this time I cheated a bit, it's edited in Snapseed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_1.jpg 
Views:	2167 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	258478

Posted via CB10
    That is an amazing photo! I have noticed that the camera looks 10 times crisper than before! Even looking through the phone to see what I'm taking, it just looks perfect!

Could you post the unedited for comparison?

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko and Uzi like this.
    03-26-14 09:09 AM
    Any chance that the Contacts app has been improved?

I'm so darned tempted to load this on my Z10 STL 100-3. If only I had a way to not lose my Contact Groups I would in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    TheRaff likes this.
    03-26-14 09:21 AM
    Any chance that the Contacts app has been improved?

I'm so darned tempted to load this on my Z10 STL 100-3. If only I had a way to not lose my Contact Groups I would in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what you mean about contact groups. Don't you have your contacts stored in one of your email accounts?

If you don't fix your contacts IN your account, then it's always going to be messed up when it shows up in your phone. Be sure you don't have John Doe in Hotmail account, and John Doe in another email account with different, more, or less info, because it's going to confuse the phone.

This goes for everyone who keeps complaining about contacts.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-26-14 09:30 AM
    I loaded this bad boy up earlier today, and I must say I'm pretty impressed.
    Its obvious not all of the cool features work yet, but even the improvements made in this build alone are fantastic.

I have NO PROBLEM using this as my daily driver. All of our needs are different, but for me this works just fine.
    Love the no-border icons, and the OS is snappy and fluid. I can send texts via the usual method plus BBM and Whatsapp, make and receive calls, camera is working great for me, browser is perfect and fast, and the few Android apps I use are running flawlessly. I'm also a heavy Twitter, FB and LinkedIn user, and those are operating just fine.

I'll be keeping this on my phone!
    Thanks to everyone involved in releasing this!
    Interesting, what's your RAM usage like?
    03-26-14 09:32 AM
    That is an amazing photo! I have noticed that the camera looks 10 times crisper than before! Even looking through the phone to see what I'm taking, it just looks perfect!

Could you post the unedited for comparison?

Posted via CB10
    The original is is a bit flat and has muted colors, but in spite of the big difference I didn't really do very much of editing, just some basic settings that I use even on pictures from my DSLR. Although I'd love to see some more manual settings in the camera app (BlackBerry can get an inspiration from Nokia Lumia), I'm used to shooting RAW on full manual, so I would easily get this result from the first shot if I had more options to fiddle with exposure/vibrance/curves.

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140326_132009_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-26-14 09:37 AM
    You know you can set whatever tone you'd like right? just go into notifications, then applications, choose "phone" or whatever, tap on tone and then "browse music" and set whatever you'd like as a tone. I'm sure there's tons you could find all over the internet. I always loved the iphones sms notifications, so i got that as a tone...
    Care to share the files as I can not find the proper tones to download anywhere. Where did you find the sounds?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:39 AM
    The original is is a bit flat and has muted colors, but in spite of the big difference I didn't really do very much of editing, just some basic settings that I use even on pictures from my DSLR. Here's the original:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140326_132009_hdr.jpg 
Views:	2348 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	258482

Posted via CB10
    Still looks great. I really am under the impression they have improved a lot in the camera! Same z10 and yet pictures for me are coming out much much nicer!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:40 AM
    Care to share the files as I can not find the proper tones to download anywhere. Where did you find the sounds?

Posted via CB10
    sorry, I couldn't resist Let me google that for you
    03-26-14 09:42 AM
    Still looks great. I really am under the impression they have improved a lot in the camera! Same z10 and yet pictures for me are coming out much much nicer!
    Yeah, exactly, I noticed it streight from the first image I shot after installing this leak at my friends flat in pretty dimmed light conditions. The images are definitely sharper, clearer and have nicer yet still realistic colors.
    eybee1970 likes this.
    03-26-14 09:44 AM
    Yeah, exactly, I noticed it streight from the first image I shot after installing this leak at my friends flat in pretty dimmed light conditions. The images are definitely sharper, clearer and have nicer yet still realistic colors.
    yes, I barely us my phone for shooting pics, but this looks much better then before...can't wait to get 10.3 on my Z30.
    03-26-14 09:50 AM
    This are my memory stats, what are yours?

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140326_092525.png
    Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140326_092534.png

When memory reach that point is when the camera stop working.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:56 AM
    How can someone say that the new red isn't for BlackBerry? My Zid10 just look sexier than ever...

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140326_082213.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:00 AM
2,193 ... 5657585960 ...