Loaded the OS yesterday on Telus Z10which is now on WIND. So far so good...
    1. Made phone calls - did not notice improvements in quality
    2. Bluetooth works
    3. Tested Maps - loads faster than on official OS, works faster and more accurate.
    3. Like the UI - with less graphic effects the phone seems to run faster
    4. Battery drain improved a bit, but it is still no Z30 (or Q10).

Will post more later
    03-25-14 11:19 AM
    Mundiyah, chup hoja

Posted via CB10
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:21 AM
    Sys.phone_settings bar works ok...for the advance interraction screen, and some flat icons :s
    Akshay Borkar likes this.
    03-25-14 11:25 AM
    Is double typ issue of physical keybord is fixed in 10.3 or not

BHiNDER
    03-25-14 11:28 AM
    I have come up with a solution perfect for you!

All you would need to do is follow the same process you do now, but currently the further you swipe up it will minimize only slightly, basically once your finger hits halfway on the screen you let go anyways...So what they could implement is a full screen swipe to close...

All it would do is when you swipe halfway that would minimize the app...once you hit like the top 2/3 of the screen it will create the red colour (similar to when you decline a phone call) and there will be a garbage bin at the top showing that you will close the app (or an X)...that way the user can just drag right up to there if they know for sure they want to close the app!

Would save that two step process for users
    I'd vouch for this concept.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and mphillips828 like this.
    03-25-14 11:36 AM
    Here is what I have found:

-Got a message in Camera saying Camera could not launch....I need to close some apps to free up memory. System seems to be hogging a good amount of memory. Other than that, I don't know what to close since I am not running any apps at the moment. Is this a headless thing?

-Pictures were there, then disappeared, then came back. This only happened once.

-Battery seems to be draining faster...could be that I have been playing around with 10.3, though. However, it did go from being 100% charged to roughly 85% charged in about 5 minutes. I turned off Advanced Interaction and battery usage stabilized a bit but it still seems to be draining faster-than-normal.

-Flipboard displays "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." in the center of the screen at launch, but seems to still work. This message continuously pops up.

-Contacts in Phone and contacts in Contacts are still....ridiculous.

-Alarm Clock was initially analog, then it turned digital on its own.

-The Intelligent Assistant app went into my Utilities folder...on its own. Fairly intelligent. Perhaps it clustered itself with the other utility apps? The apps itself is okay. I asked What are Spaghetti-Os and it brought up a page listing the nutritional value of Spaghetti-Os. I asked it to send a text message and it didn't know what to do. I asked it to buy a beer and it didn't know what to do. I asked it to eat pancakes and it brought up San Francisco's Yelp page with results ranging from luggage to tattoos. I asked where is the nearest gas station and it didn't know what to do.....The female voice is also very, well, it sounds like she is doped up. I also cannot get rid of the Wolfram Alpha icon thingy even though it says the conversation has ended.

Any updates on android runtime

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228
    BlackBerry 10.3 by Apple.

Change is good if it's needed and is actually better. In this case, it is neither.

BlackBerry 10 is a year old. It's not dated at all. It is actually unique and elegant. 10.3 (yes, I know it's an early build and will change) looks like iOS 7 has infected it. Yes, I know flat design wasn't invented by Apple, but everyone will compare it to iOS and how BlackBerry copied.

Hey new features are great.

The red is ugly and way too in-your-face, and I actually like the colour red. It does not suit the OS. I like some of the desk changes, but the keyboard, clock, and blue was perfect before. The flatness is ok to an extent, but just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it's the best. Yes, features need to be matched, but the design doesn?t have to be the same.

Naturally, anyone that doesn't like the change is labelled as a complainer, dramatic, wrong, and resistant to change. So, in order to succeed BlackBerry has to conform to the designs of the other OS'? What happened to being unique in design. Everyone wanted TAT to come and design things to be better and different.

The same thing happened with the squircle and call screen. No options for customisation. You can't please everyone, but when half the users don't like something, maybe it should stay as it was, especially when almost everyone is happy with the current design.

If the final version ends up looking too much like iOS 7 or red, I'll either not upgrade or switch back to Apple considering that's where I was for 5 years. I hate Android, so I doubt that would happen. It would suck having to use an OS one doesn't like.

Posted via CB10
    Change is only good if it agrees with you. This is an early leaked version, essentially a pre-beta. The finished product could be vastly different in terms of design.

I for one am glad that TAT are gone. They are extremely talented and do cool stuff but to be honest I do not want a 3-D UI or some wavy-hanging-curtain active frames. A line needs to be drawn between ascetically pleasing and functional. I believe BlackBerry is on the right track here. Look at how the pages switch from one another. If you do it slowly you can see how the next page loads "underneath" with a pale transparency that increases in opacity as you continue to slide over. Looks good if you ask me. iOS7 does not do that, it is quite literally a linear experience with the page sorta "snapping" into place if you catch it.

Enough to switch away from the Apple ecosystem I had been with since 2008, to my first BlackBerry ever (which has an extremely limited ecosystem). I love BlackBerry 10 the way it is now. Features are always good. Design is much more subjective.

What is childish is how people are treating those that don't like the change. So, I should like BlackBerry 10 no matter what they do? Now that is childish.

Posted via CB10
    10.3 does look suspiciously like iOS7, but it also looks suspiciously like BB OS5/6 with the flat "line-drawn" icons. So maybe it was Apple who ripped off an old BlackBerry OS? You are new to BlackBerry and come from a phone and OS that for the most remained the same from version 1 to version 6. It's now wonder why you do not like change. Also, when did you come into BlackBerry? For those of us who are long-term BB users, BB10 was supposed to be the OS that brought BlackBerry up-to-speed with Android and iOS for that matter. Essentially, it was the OS that would bring BlackBerry into the modern world of smartphones. Not everyone welcomed this change with open arms, mind you, but if you came into BB10 at version 10.0 or 10.1 than you'd really appreciate any and all changes to BB10, too.
    03-25-14 11:42 AM
    VPN profiles still lack PP2P. :/
    Thank you for confirming this detail.
    03-25-14 11:45 AM
    I'm really liking this update so far. It seems to be pretty snappy.

You can tell that it's an unfinished product, but it's certainly usable on my phone.

Android apps, assistant, everything works. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-25-14 11:45 AM
    Loaded the OS yesterday on Telus Z10which is now on WIND. So far so good...
    1. Made phone calls - did not notice improvements in quality
    2. Bluetooth works
    3. Tested Maps - loads faster than on official OS, works faster and more accurate.
    3. Like the UI - with less graphic effects the phone seems to run faster
    4. Battery drain improved a bit, but it is still no Z30 (or Q10).

Will post more later
    2. Bluetooth works for me, too.
    3. Maps seems to be fine as well.
    3. I like the UI, too.
    4. Still not as good as 10.2.X

5. Browser seems faster. The overall experience of 10.3 seems to be snappier; apps load/open faster.

I'm on a Z10 and no complaints here. I'm going to keep 10.3 loaded and running.
    Azam Saghir and xBURK like this.
    03-25-14 11:49 AM
    Shreyas. How do you do it on the Q10.

I installed d autoloader and got n error.
    Do u install d bars by Thurask along with the 2234 radio. Don't mind if no calls or texts. Q10 ain't my daily driver.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2234
    That error must be caused by the incorrect radio.Just load the. 2235 radio and it should work

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-25-14 12:05 PM
    wipe, install, wipe, instal... am I loading a leak or doing plumbing?
    03-25-14 12:07 PM
    wipe, install, wipe, instal... am I loading a leak or doing plumbing?
    LOL
    03-25-14 12:13 PM
    Just a little perspective here...

Anyone running 10.3 leak...if you haven't yet done it...

1) Install BlackBerry Express from BlackBerry World.

2) Run BlackBerry Express.

3) Understand why the OS 10.3 early builds look the way it does!

Running the BlackBerry Express app with 10.3 you see the white bottom bar with the solid black buttons...it looks AMAZING!! now this COULD possibly be a hint/taste towards what BB 10.3 will look like (yes this has been said in another thread) but now running 10.3 you can really see how the 10.3 OS and that styling really work nicely together, and that is really what I believe is the ultimate appearance for BB 10.3 (if not it damn well should be as it looks BEAUTIFUL!)
    xBURK and Nharzhool like this.
    03-25-14 12:20 PM
    So why won't u post a pic tho?^^

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:22 PM
    so i wipe it, and bluetooth and android works.... then when i restore they dont.

So im guessing its certain restored apps that are causing the issues? im going to try restoring everything but apps and see if it still gives me problems.
    03-25-14 12:25 PM
    So why won't u post a pic tho?^^

Posted via CB10
    Here you go!

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140325_132551.png

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool, coldfir3 and redsaph like this.
    03-25-14 12:26 PM
    Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140325_132736.png

A little more red...I know everyone loves it ha

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool, coldfir3 and redsaph like this.
    03-25-14 12:28 PM
    Yup! Sure looks like the real deal!

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:29 PM
    Any Flash Player update to version 12 ?

Or still version 11.1.121.199
    Egod101 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:31 PM
    I'll try the Bluetooth when I get home - wanted to do so earlier but was called away... if the Bluetooth van be made to work this becomes a near perfect build.

(Battery life not ideal but food enough, plus it runs additional debug scripts as well - the monitor via swipe down over the battery icon is included for example.)

Just the Bluetooth...
    And I think I keep my fresh install - as that cleans up a lot ofn"old stuff" that will have been left behind from installs and uninstalls....

As to the red colour, I got used to it by now...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:32 PM
    And for anyone curious or wanting to see some cool ideas check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...oncept-916695/

It is my idea of what active frames should be like in 10.3! And after seeing this update here and combining elements from express...I really think that my idea would work well with what the extremely early build of 10.3 looks like.
    Nharzhool and xBURK like this.
    03-25-14 12:32 PM
    after a bunch of hours, some plumbing of leaks, half a dozen coffees, a couple doughnuts and shoveling out my driveway, I am done. Now to put all them email addresses, 61 native apps and about 40 droids on there I should be good to go. good to go back to bed lmao.
    03-25-14 12:33 PM
    Any Flash Player update to version 12 ?

Or still version 11.1.121.199
    OS Version: 10.3.0.140

Build ID: 668727
    Build Branch: BB10_3_0
    Webkit version: 10.3.0.4
    Flash version: 11.1.121.1310
    AIR version: 3.5.0.138
    Wifi version: 1.1

The following is the OS Block List Configuration after the OS is loaded
    OS 0.0.0.0 to 10.0.10.8191
    OS 10.1.0.0 to 10.1.0.1482
    RADIO 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0

Build Date: Feb 09 2014 22:06:37

Hardware ID: 0x051D0001 Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (STL100-2,3,4 Q10 Q5 Z30)
    Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:33 PM
    So i restored my media and settings and bluetooth works. For those of you having problems with the android system and bluetooth not working:

1) Security Wipe
    2) Restore Settings and Media only
    3) download apps directly from the app store
    03-25-14 12:36 PM
    The Pro's
    -new camera features A++!!
    -being able to record video without having to switch to record mode!
    -intelligent assistant
    -lower hub action bar disappearing while scrolling
    -setting a picture as homescreen/lockscreen/both!
    -lift to wake, screen down to turn off feature
    -automatic stories. Cool move
    -offline time shift, wicked!

The Meh's
    -icon shadows removed: I'm not a huge fan of the shadows, however if they are going to be removed then BlackBerry should adopt a uniform icon size policy to provide some nice clean lines and continuity in app icon appearance. With all the apps being different sizes removing the background in my opinion makes the screen look amateurish and unpolished.
    (folders look horrendous currently without the shaded background)
    -text selector: usage may vary for others but personally I LOVE the text selector as is, it does everything I need it to when I need it to quickly and easily.

The Cons
    -that red color throughout the OS is hideous... kill it now, kill it with fire!!
    -keyboard changes... leave the beautiful keyboard alone!!
    -the clock app is amazing as is. The new revamped version looks like a rough build and adds more uneccessary steps. Please leave the mode options accessible at the bottom. The only improvement needed here is for the active frame to reflect the mode you're in (ie. If you have a timer running the active frame should show that active timer / stopwatch / world clock time zone with weather)
    -as with the clock app, leave the pictures and music app with the options bar at the bottom. Side menu adds more unnecessary steps. Replace "recent" in the music app with "songs" and toss in an equalizer and better lockscreen music controls and call it a day!
    -free floating buttons when action bar disappears... this looks SO OVERWHELMINGLY cheap and unpolished. Leave the action bars as is so they give a nice clean uniform look.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ingris; 03-25-14 at 02:05 PM.
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:39 PM
2,193 ... 4849505152 ...