I really think the red clashes with the whole design of BlackBerry 10. I don't like it at all.

I also find a lot of the new design is very iOS 7 (bottom icons in the Hub, for example).

Features are great, but I'm not digging all of the design changes.

Posted via CB10
    It clashes only because some things are still blue. Its a VERY early build.
    03-24-14 10:34 PM
    Oh I know, but that's besides the point. The point is that, ideally, a UI should speak for itself. I shouldn't have to explain that the big red button is, in fact, not the shutter button. This is especially important if BlackBerry wants to make migrating from other platforms simple - iOS has a button in a similar position for the shutter, as does Android.

I'm sure there's a way of maintaining that functionality while providing some clarity however - maybe a video icon on the button, for instance.
    This leak is a work in progress. It is BB's way of saying we don't really know what we want, but if you do then let us know.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    It�s my first comment on crackberry,com, and i have to say that Blackberry did it! It�s confirmed! This is the ugliest OS right now in the market. Keyboard is hilarious, the clock is to good to be true - NOT! The icons are just horrible and so far apart from each other. In the Hub, the bottom menu with the white color is just a mess and confusing. Sideloading Alarm, World Clock, Timer? Why? The bottom menu was much more practically to get the job done. The red orange colors, are just horrendous, remind of a horror B Movie. The layout, tabs, lines and so on are just so badly done, that hurts.

I really was against this option of a "flat" design, and now i can confirm all my fears. The OS was so classy and executive, and now is a hybrid system. Better call it "androidIOSish". Looks like a "toy phone" created by the authors of "pimp my car".

I still maintain that the Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Z10 were the 2 most well made and beautiful phones that i�ve ever seen. I will still maintain my Blackberry Z10, but if this is the final version of 10.3, i surely will not update. NO WAY!

I know i�m the minority in this forum, and apologize for being so harsh but this is how i feel. You can trash me if you want, but i really had to write what i feel inside about this update. I�m so sorry that my first post here was a negative one. I�m really, really sorry. Even so, i still love Blackberry!

Blackberry if you�re listening, don�t mess with the design and functionality, just improve the OS.

Cheers

P.S - I just found this forum a few days ago and i already have your app on my BB Z10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    My camera app did the same thing, restarted my phone & it didn't do it again (so far). Comes with being an early built OS.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, just wondering if it's a constant memory leak or if it will just happen while settling.

10.3 is crazy fast though. Everything is so much quicker.

Posted via CB10
    Im gonna wipe, downgrade, wipe, install leak no restore and hope that Bluetooth works.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    03-24-14 10:37 PM
    My question as well???

So bla1ze, can one side load the camera bar file only? The os 10.1.0.140 you tube video ( )
    looks like a LOT of cool camera features in it. if this is possible, can you post the camera bar file??? Pretty please?
    03-24-14 10:39 PM
    My issue with this whole flat design nonsense is the second word "DESIGN"....
    if you are designing something, it should look it...
    it shouldnt look like something i made using microsoft paint for a 5th grade class submission.
    sometimes i think this whole flat design nonsense is just a giant revolution against adobe increasing photoshop prices....
    Then you don't understand flat design. There's more detail to flat design than there is anywhere else. Subtle things can change entirely how something feels. There's a million of concepts out there but very few can make things feel right and feel solid.
    03-24-14 10:46 PM
    It�s my first comment on crackberry,com, and i have to say that Blackberry did it! It�s confirmed! This is the ugliest OS right now in the market. Keyboard is hilarious, the clock is to good to be true - NOT! The icons are just horrible and so far apart from each other. In the Hub, the bottom menu with the white color is just a mess and confusing. Sideloading Alarm, World Clock, Timer? Why? The bottom menu was much more practically to get the job done. The red orange colors, are just horrendous, remind of a horror B Movie. The layout, tabs, lines and so on are just so badly done, that hurts.

I really was against this option of a "flat" design, and now i can confirm all my fears. The OS was so classy and executive, and now is a hybrid system. Better call it "androidIOSish". Looks like a "toy phone" created by the authors of "pimp my car".

I still maintain that the Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Z10 were the 2 most well made and beautiful phones that i�ve ever seen. I will still maintain my Blackberry Z10, but if this is the final version of 10.3, i surely will not update. NO WAY!

I know i�m the minority in this forum, and apologize for being so harsh but this is how i feel. You can trash me if you want, but i really had to write what i feel inside about this update. I�m so sorry that my first post here was a negative one. I�m really, really sorry. Even so, i still love Blackberry!

Blackberry if you�re listening, don�t mess with the design and functionality, just improve the OS.

Cheers

P.S - I just found this forum a few days ago and i already have your app on my BB Z10
    Hehe, this is the first version of 10.3 that we know of and given the version number it is very early in. You're funny man. Also this OS isn't even in the market so it can't be the ugliest. It is a hybrid of possible designs and ideas. It is like looking at tiny bits of what BlackBerry is cooking up. The red could just be playing around with coloring and the final result could be an option to change it to whatever color we want. That would be cool wouldn't it?

Edit: Oh and welcome to CB forums!

Anyway. Just loaded this onto my Q10 and I'm having some fun with it. This is the exact reason I wanted a device to mess with and a device to use daily. Although I really want this camera bar on my Z10 now. It is quite good. the 60FPS video mode is smooth.

Just want to give a shoutout to Thurask for all the knowledge he has bestowed upon us and for his radio files which made 10.3 on my Q10 possible. Thanks dude.
    03-24-14 10:48 PM
    Im gonna wipe, downgrade, wipe, install leak no restore and hope that Bluetooth works.
    Let me know if that fixes it. My blue tooth isn't working either

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:50 PM

Cheers

Relax, bud.

It looks like an early build. It LOOKS like it is an alpha revision. Relax and give it time to get fixed.

Remember that we weren't even "supposed" to see this OS...this is a BB-internal, early alpha build.

I like it because I can see that it has potential. Yes, it needs polishing and tweaking, but it will get better.

Try to think about the situation in a more logical and objective manner before commenting harshly...this is A LOT of work that has been done in a short time by the BB Dev team. Give credit where it is due instead of just attacking all the hard work they've done on something you weren't even supposed to see.
    03-24-14 10:53 PM
    raymond : thanks+like.

Nice to meet you!

Cheers
    03-24-14 10:55 PM
    I don't like the red on GUI, please don't remove Blue. or better give option to change the color like theme, RED, BLUE, GREEN, PURPLE etc...
    scrapmetal58 and Kurt Fathul like this.
    03-24-14 10:57 PM
    Is anyone else having issues changing the alarm time when in bedside mode?

Whenever I grab the slider to change the alarm time it jumps out of bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    03-24-14 10:59 PM
    I've not tried this before but presumably you could run the Z10 autoloader from the first post. Thhe phone will throw an error after rebooting because of incompatible radio. Then load the latest Q10 radio via sachesi or radio-only autoloader (Thurask has a thread going with all the radios). It should then boot and operate but no phone calls.

Perhaps one of the experts can comment further?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Ok thank you I will try and see what will happen

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:12 PM

Edit: Oh and welcome to CB forums!

Anyway. Just loaded this onto my Q10 and I'm having some fun with it. This is the exact reason I wanted a device to mess with and a device to use daily. Although I really want this camera bar on my Z10 now. It is quite good. the 60FPS video mode is smooth.

Just want to give a shoutout to Thurask for all the knowledge he has bestowed upon us and for his radio files which made 10.3 on my Q10 possible. Thanks dude.
    Than you very much. I agree with you. The camera bar is really well made. Kudos to Blackberry. I�ll try to chill out and try to engage with the new update. I�m with my best friend and his ZED 10. We are in the living room, and he is more BOLD than me lol. The guy just update the Z10 in a snap. I�m more patient, because in the pass i had problems with updating my phone with autoloader. Unfortunately i got a model with a lot of random reboots, but i still i�m in deep love with this beauty. I�m not giving up on him!

Cheers
    03-24-14 11:14 PM
    Hey , any changes to the dictation mode? Offline voice to text perhaps in this build?
    03-24-14 11:14 PM
    any new ringtones or wallpapers? haven't seen this addressed yet.
    There's a new message tone for texts or BBM... can't remember which one :|

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:16 PM
    Yes, in 10.2 I see the system RAM occupying 283MB... ans 1.02 GB in use..
    It will get better(hopefully) in the future builds.. but the current one too shouldn't have any trouble...
    I know it has been mentioned already, but has the system RAM usage always been this high? Seems like it's using more than usual. Did a restart and it came back up to 300+ mb

I was getting the error with the camera saying I didn't have enough memory to open it.

Attachment 258106

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:17 PM
    I got 4 watermarks on screens I suppose it's imposible to remove them..

Just takes the blood sacrifice of a small goat, no big deal. I just took a pygmy goat from the local petting zoo.
    digitalmayhem01 and bowserm like this.
    03-24-14 11:19 PM
    I keep getting this on android apps:

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140325_002248.png

I'm gonna try a security wipe and a reload and see if it fixes this and bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:24 PM
    I keep getting this on android apps:

I'm gonna try a security wipe and a reload and see if it fixes this and bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    That worked for me.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    03-24-14 11:35 PM
    Relax, bud.

It looks like an early build. It LOOKS like it is an alpha revision. Relax and give it time to get fixed.

Remember that we weren't even "supposed" to see this OS...this is a BB-internal, early alpha build.

I like it because I can see that it has potential. Yes, it needs polishing and tweaking, but it will get better.

Try to think about the situation in a more logical and objective manner before commenting harshly...this is A LOT of work that has been done in a short time by the BB Dev team. Give credit where it is due instead of just attacking all the hard work they've done on something you weren't even supposed to see.
    If people would take a moment and think what they love so much about their current BB10 OS. Now if they could compare to to the early builds (alphas, etc.) I am sure there were many UI and features that were much different or non existent. I think we need to take a step back and appreciate the work BB is putting in to advance the OS and make it much better for the BB community. What things we have seen in this early build show they are listening to what people want and things should only get better.

p.s. Don't feed the trolls.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    03-24-14 11:37 PM
    came across something awesome in the settings. blackberry protect has a "restore" function that states that "this one time feature allows you to quickly and easily transfer your previous blackberry protect backup from a previous device"

what this says to me is that they are re building blackberry protect as a back up system akin to what we had in BBOS.. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Hate to break it to ya, but it always had that option after a fresh install
    Atleast since 10.2.0 that I know off

Edit: Ha, finally beat Thurask for once!

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-24-14 11:53 PM
    came across something awesome in the settings. blackberry protect has a "restore" function that states that "this one time feature allows you to quickly and easily transfer your previous blackberry protect backup from a previous device"

what this says to me is that they are re building blackberry protect as a back up system akin to what we had in BBOS.. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    That's been there for a while...
    03-24-14 11:54 PM
    If people would take a moment and think what they love so much about their current BB10 OS. Now if they could compare to to the early builds (alphas, etc.) I am sure there were many UI and features that were much different or non existent. I think we need to take a step back and appreciate the work BB is putting in to advance the OS and make it much better for the BB community. What things we have seen in this early build show they are listening to what people want and things should only get better.

p.s. Don't feed the trolls.
    I know, mate...just this time it's bugging me. The devs have worked really hard on this and I actually want to get my masters in programming and business computing and try get a job at BB because I appreciate what they're doing and I know how tough the work is.

Anyway...rant over.

HAHA! Thurask was beaten! Pity because I happened to be too distracted by my impending narcolepsy to refresh and see the comment in time...it's 7AM here...
    capsvero likes this.
    03-24-14 11:59 PM
2,193 ... 4041424344 ...