The attempt at going 'Flat' does not look well at all, not at all. The red accent color is a nice touch, however that's where the goodness ends.
    I have a feeling that they will fix those problems before release. This is a really early build and the UI is all over the place in terms of new and old. Some places still have to blue accents and the old style buttons.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:03 PM
    I love how now this thread has gone from "Findings, Fixes and Bugs" to "Let's all complain about what we don't like about 10.3 and what will make us switch to competitors". It's almost comical to see how these threads become so off topic.
    I just can't wait for the next build with Z30 included
    03-24-14 02:03 PM
    Yes, it has the story maker icon on the bottom right.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:04 PM
    If you ever find a way to save BBM chat history, and reliably so, let me know. It's the one thing that stopping me from checking out this leak. Hard to believe that BBRY has not made this [saving and restoring chat messages] possible as yet.
    This really surprises me as well...I thought I was just missing something simple...I backed up my application data...would it be there if I restore that data??

When I do a leak like this though I do not want to restore my settings/data...I like a fresh start...although BBM chats should be saved to the BBID in the cloud so users can access it still!! My confusion is that when you update to a new update it repopulates bbm chats...or lets say you switch devices...it repopulates...so it MUST be in the cloud somewhere if it can repopulate on a new device if you do device switch?? Unless it saves the chat history as a file and uploads that to the new phone?
    03-24-14 02:04 PM
    i think that might just be with stories cause thats not the case with videos ive taken amongst picture on my device
    I think you are wrong. I clicked the pictures app and this is what I saw. I have never used stories.

Further edit: I actually clicked this wide video image and it IS in fact a Stories video. The phone made me a story all on its own. Not really sure how I feel about this, but interesting nonetheless.
    Last edited by mainely_linux; 03-24-14 at 02:19 PM.
    03-24-14 02:05 PM
    You would leave simply over an aesthetic issue? Is there nothing about BB10 or the BlackBerry experience in general that you find worthy? If that's what it's really about, we're doomed.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2234 Telus

Posted via CB10
    Of course there is. I love BlackBerry 10 the way it is now - both the UI and UX. That's why I switched from Apple to my first BlackBerry. It is different. This 10.3 build is approaching on being "just like the others". However, I wouldn't want to use an OS I found ugly. The red does it in for me. It clashes with the entire feel. If they kept it blue (or the option would be great for those that do like the red), then I would be happier.

Apple phones sell because they are physically beautiful and the OS is consistent, easy, and beautiful (to many). They don't sell because of features.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 and Kurt Fathul like this.
    Not about to read this whole thread, but then again I am not gonna ***** or complain. I love the RED in the theme. I always like the colors RED and CYAN. Now Cyan would be impossible to read on a lot of the screens. Red is easier for me.

The speed and fluid flow of the OS now is very pleasing to me. I was not too happy that LINK would not restore my backup, but very pleased that Sachesi restored the LINK backup without issue.
    oh man this is so childish.

at the end of the say blackberry 10 offers a completely different experience than android and ios. what you are hating on are cosmetic changes (flatter UI and red accents) and nothing to do with the usability of the OS. if a slightly flatter UI and the color red cause you to dump a phone and change ecosystems i would question how much you really did like bb10 to begin with.
    Enough to switch away from the Apple ecosystem I had been with since 2008, to my first BlackBerry ever (which has an extremely limited ecosystem). I love BlackBerry 10 the way it is now. Features are always good. Design is much more subjective.

What is childish is how people are treating those that don't like the change. So, I should like BlackBerry 10 no matter what they do? Now that is childish.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:09 PM
    Active frame for Clock:

Attachment 257759

Posted via CB10
    It's not moving in your pic lol.....;-) sorry couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm and pttptppt like this.
    03-24-14 02:12 PM
    I think you are wrong. I clicked the pictures app and this is what I saw. I have never used stories.
    yah but that video its a story. i think you might have auto stories on
    03-24-14 02:12 PM
    Loving Slow Mo!! still searching for Bluetooth bar.
    03-24-14 02:13 PM
    Enough to switch away from the Apple ecosystem I had been with since 2008, to my first BlackBerry ever (which has an extremely limited ecosystem). I love BlackBerry 10 the way it is now. Features are always good. Design is much more subjective.

What is childish is how people are treating those that don't like the change. So, I should like BlackBerry 10 no matter what they do? Now that is childish.

Posted via CB10
    im just saying changing blue to red doesnt change the bb10 experience. i dont think you picked up a blacberry because it wasnt 100% flat UI and had blue accents.

maybe you did i dunno
    scrapmetal58 and pttptppt like this.
    03-24-14 02:13 PM
    I got pin watermake arght ! It's that normal ?

Running leak 10.2.1.1925
    Yes. Release candidates usually have watermarks.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.2234
    03-24-14 02:15 PM
    How about BlackBerry removes the red and puts the CrackBerry orange in?

Posted via CB10
    ViceroyPete and TheDutch20 like this.
    thats awesome. i did not know that. and never thought to try!
    It was never advertised as far as I know and it doesn't work everywhere unfortunately. I found out the shift text selection exactly the same way. Just try out stuff and you'll notice a lot of things you thought were gone from Legacy OS!
    i read somewhere in this thread its closer to 360 panorama..!! is it..?? your pictures are only 180 though..!!
    I said that but I meant performance wise not that it takes 360's. Just to clarify. Quality is above 360 I think.
    03-24-14 02:16 PM
    Ah come on! Could've edited it, at least :'(

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    New members have been exposed to the Community Rules and Guidelines recently, upon registering. Experienced members should definitely know by now that swearing is not acceptable. So, it's simple. Don't swear, and don't quote swearing. The post(s) will disappear.
    theblob likes this.
    03-24-14 02:16 PM
    im just saying changing blue to red doesnt change the bb10 experience. i dont think you picked up a blacberry because it wasnt 100% flat UI and had blue accents.

maybe you did i dunno
    No, you're right. The experience will be essentially the same, but the beauty of the design, in my opinion, is lost. The appearance was indeed a factor in my choice, as it likely was in others' choices.
    It's funny how such a simple alteration can change so much. The red reminds me of another OS (Windows Phone, maybe? I forget).

I truly appreciate their efforts and experimentation. I love how BlackBerry is so engaged with its users. Now is the time to provide feedback, both good and bad, so they can change what needs to be changed.

I am impressed with how far they have come in such a short time, and how many new features are in 10.3. They clearly listen to us.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:19 PM
    03-24-14 02:21 PM
    New members have been exposed to the Community Rules and Guidelines recently, upon registering. Experienced members should definitely know by now that swearing is not acceptable. So, it's simple. Don't swear, and don't quote swearing. The post(s) will disappear.
    Lol couldn't we have a "findings & fixes " thread where the mods remove all posts that don't include a finding or fix along with the profanity?

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    03-24-14 02:22 PM
    No, you're right. The experience will be essentially the same, but the beauty of the design, in my opinion, is lost. The appearance was indeed a factor in my choice, as it likely was in others' choices.
    It's funny how such a simple alteration can change so much. The red reminds me of another OS (Windows Phone, maybe? I forget).

I truly appreciate their efforts and experimentation. I love how BlackBerry is so engaged with its users. Now is the time to provide feedback, both good and bad, so they can change what needs to be changed.

I am impressed with how far they have come in such a short time, and how many new features are in 10.3. They clearly listen to us.

Posted via CB10
    ...."But if they change from blue to red, I'm gone"

Posted via CB10
    grevan88 likes this.
    03-24-14 02:23 PM
    Red and black colors reminds me of 'Hitman'. Should be known as BlackBerry Hitman update.

Posted via CBZ10
    Daredevil too for black and red and spiderman and superman for black, red and blue, batman for black and yellow....lol

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:24 PM
    Anyone using this as their primary OS!? I'm really curious about this but curiosity killed the cat haha. If you arwle could you please tell me if it's worth it. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:25 PM
    ...."But if they change from blue to red, I'm gone"

Posted via CB10
    Bye.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) and Ealaionta like this.
    03-24-14 02:25 PM
    I'm downloading the leak and will probably play with it. Can always go back which is a good thing.

Would be nice to see a 10.2.2 leak and give it a go as well.
    03-24-14 02:26 PM
2,193 ... 3031323334 ...