Yup...

It's called downgrading

Posted via CB10
    LOLOLOLOL Epic....+100000000000000
    03-24-14 01:41 PM
    Thanlk you all for your answers.
    Some are serious, some are funny and some are....just are..
    I didn't have time to read the thread just because i see it in the morning with 3 pages and i was on the road all day and now 30 pages!
    Anyway...it's a apha build, i get it.

PS: thanks anyway guys..
    Akshay Borkar and pttptppt like this.
    03-24-14 01:41 PM
    Can someone share a panorama picture and a video recorded at 60fps please?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:42 PM
    how to install it?)
    03-24-14 01:43 PM
    In your opinion, is this OS usuable as a daily driver?
    Asking because i'm probably going to download it
    03-24-14 01:43 PM
    A lot of these enhancements are awesome, but there are 5 simple things I would love to see in 10.3 that would make my experience much better:

1) a way to close windows directly from all apps rather than having to minimizing and then closing. It's unnecessarily inefficient if you don't need the window to remain active.

2) the End Call button is too big and too easy to hit accidentally. I know minimizing the screen avoids that, but it still happens too frequently if you need the call screen up.

3) it's too easy to hit the period button instead of the space key with the right thumb. It would be great to move it slightly to the right even if the period key, which I rarely need with double space, or the return key is smaller- and no, I don't have big, clumsy hands...

4) a way to quickly scroll to the bottom of a long web page, like "B" does.

5) a function like Flow Dialer built in so dialing a number from a web page is easier, even if it isn't programmed properly as a phone number.
    You can swipe up from the bottom with two fingers in the browser and use the keyboard as if it was a physical one. You can use the space bar to scroll, b/t for bottom and top, p for previous etc.
    Nharzhool and LUVINZ30 like this.
    03-24-14 01:44 PM
    Editing video app has been upgraded

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:45 PM
    Can someone share a panorama picture and a video recorded at 60fps please?

Posted via CB10
    pages 27 and 29...posts from user 'Ruslan Botsyurko'
    Ruslan Botsyurko and menshawy like this.
    BlackBerry 10.3 by Apple.

Change is good if it's needed and is actually better. In this case, it is neither.

BlackBerry 10 is a year old. It's not dated at all. It is actually unique and elegant. 10.3 (yes, I know it's an early build and will change) looks like iOS 7 has infected it. Yes, I know flat design wasn't invented by Apple, but everyone will compare it to iOS and how BlackBerry copied.

Hey new features are great.

The red is ugly and way too in-your-face, and I actually like the colour red. It does not suit the OS. I like some of the desk changes, but the keyboard, clock, and blue was perfect before. The flatness is ok to an extent, but just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it's the best. Yes, features need to be matched, but the design doesn?t have to be the same.

Naturally, anyone that doesn't like the change is labelled as a complainer, dramatic, wrong, and resistant to change. So, in order to succeed BlackBerry has to conform to the designs of the other OS'? What happened to being unique in design. Everyone wanted TAT to come and design things to be better and different.

The same thing happened with the squircle and call screen. No options for customisation. You can't please everyone, but when half the users don't like something, maybe it should stay as it was, especially when almost everyone is happy with the current design.

If the final version ends up looking too much like iOS 7 or red, I'll either not upgrade or switch back to Apple considering that's where I was for 5 years. I hate Android, so I doubt that would happen. It would suck having to use an OS one doesn't like.

Posted via CB10
    In your opinion, is this OS usuable as a daily driver?
    Asking because i'm probably going to download it
    Did you even bother to read the first post? It says right there:

THIS IS AN EARLY BUILD, IN CASE YOU NEVER READ THE FIVE OTHER PLACES THAT WAS NOTED. YOU MAY NOT WANT TO LOAD IT AS A DAILY DRIVER OS, IF YOU DO... DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT. NOBODY CARES THAT YOU NEVER HEEDED THE WARNINGS AND CHOSE TO USE IT DAILY. JUST SAYIN'
    03-24-14 01:46 PM
    The attempt at going 'Flat' does not look well at all, not at all. The red accent color is a nice touch, however that's where the goodness ends.

I'll use this picture to highlight a few issue areas.
    Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-untitled.png
    There's many more UI element's that just don't look their best

1. They use #282828 as the dark 'Flat' color, previously they used a gradient which ranged in this area (and looked much better). This is the color they use for dark action bars as well.
    2. They forgot about going flat, as you can see they still have gradient around the segmented control it goes from light at the top, to a dark at the bottom.

On a computer screen this doesn't look all that bad, but on the device itself the flat, vs 'non'-flat clashes & does not look good at all.

I personally feel the current re-design path is putting them 3 steps behind where they were. If they want to proceed with going flat, this is not the way to do it. It feels like they took something great and ripped the greatness of it out and said here you may have the leftovers.

*The accent color is great, I believe this will be opened up as a user chosen selection of multiple colors (red,blue,green etc). The Accent is independent of the flat design as it could and should easily be incorporated into the older, better looking UI.
    anon8656116 and RafiqK like this.
    03-24-14 01:47 PM
    I was getting this error as well: "The Process android.process.acore got terminated"

So I used Sachesi to load the Android runtime from 10.2.1.2228. Tested NetFlix and it's working.
    I had this same problem when I did a backup/restore of my "other application" data. There seems to be some difference between the android players it seems. When I did a restore of ONLY "settings" this android error goes away.
    03-24-14 01:47 PM
    <snip>

Naturally, anyone that doesn't like the change is labelled as a complainer, dramatic, wrong, and resistant to change. So, in order to succeed BlackBerry has to conform to the designs of the other OS'? What happened to being unique in design. Everyone wanted TAT to come and design things to be better and different.

<snip>
    BBRY needs sales. The status-quo design isn't selling enough hence the need to do/try something different. Unfortunately, human nature is fickle so sometimes what companies don't consider important, users do.
    03-24-14 01:51 PM
    Saw this in the list of features...I installed 10.3 and LOVE it so far! getting everything up and running at the moment...but noticed in the post saying "Smart Search" What exactly is Smart Search? I most likely have already used it, but not sure what that means?

Also this is on another note nothing to do with 10.3, but someone else may wonder it as well and I should know...but in BBM I have it to save chat history...I have loaded 10.3 and lost my chat history lol...so I know it definitely doesn't save it to my BBID account...so where exactly does it save? and how do I save these chats for the next leak so I don't lose the chat?
    03-24-14 01:52 PM
    Wheee! Excited for this update! I wish I could load leaks, but I don't have a good computer.
    03-24-14 01:54 PM
    You can swipe up from the bottom with two fingers in the browser and use the keyboard as if it was a physical one. You can use the space bar to scroll, b/t for bottom and top, p for previous etc.
    thats awesome. i did not know that. and never thought to try!
    03-24-14 01:55 PM
    [WARN]We know that everyone is excited about the new leak, but please watch your language.

Posts with swearing or creative spelling for swearing will be deleted (at the least). Posts where these are quoted will also be deleted.[/WARN]
    Ah come on! Could've edited it, at least :'(

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-24-14 01:56 PM
    I found a neat feature within the media app. Videos now are designated as a wide image instead of the same size as the pictures. Its easy to distinguish now between the photos and videos you have taken in the past when scrolling through your library.

Leaked OS 10.3.0.140 - Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread-img_20140324_145044.jpg
    03-24-14 01:56 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3 by Apple.

If the final version ends up looking too much like iOS 7 or red, I'll either not upgrade or switch back to Apple considering that's where I was for 5 years. I hate Android, so I doubt that would happen. It would suck having to use an OS one doesn't like.

Posted via CB10
    You would leave simply over an aesthetic issue? Is there nothing about BB10 or the BlackBerry experience in general that you find worthy? If that's what it's really about, we're doomed.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2234 Telus

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:57 PM
    Saw this in the list of features...I installed 10.3 and LOVE it so far! getting everything up and running at the moment...but noticed in the post saying "Smart Search" What exactly is Smart Search? I most likely have already used it, but not sure what that means?

Also this is on another note nothing to do with 10.3, but someone else may wonder it as well and I should know...but in BBM I have it to save chat history...I have loaded 10.3 and lost my chat history lol...so I know it definitely doesn't save it to my BBID account...so where exactly does it save? and how do I save these chats for the next leak so I don't lose the chat?
    If you ever find a way to save BBM chat history, and reliably so, let me know. It's the one thing that stopping me from checking out this leak. Hard to believe that BBRY has not made this [saving and restoring chat messages] possible as yet.
    03-24-14 01:57 PM
    BBRY needs sales. The status-quo design isn't selling enough hence the need to do/try something different. Unfortunately, human nature is fickle so sometimes what companies don't consider important, users do.
    I understand and appreciate BlackBerry's hard work and experimentation, I do. They also need the feedback we are providing about this build. I don't think anyone really said that BlackBerry 10 is ugly. It's the negative stigma and lack of advertising that is hurting sales.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and NinjaB like this.
    03-24-14 01:58 PM
    Under the hood

• New multi-touch configuration. Hopefully multi-select is coming
    • New power manager
    • Improved contacts UI manager
    • Mobile Data Off-load via ePDG for services such as "Voice over LTE"
    • USB over ethernet support
    • Device supports multiple modes based on which device it's connected to via USB
    • Automatically detects the following motions: flip, shake, side flip, pick-up
    • Bluetooth LE HID support, finally
    • Updated NFC library, NFCA3, with support for tags up to v4
    • DLNA client called Digital Media Controller is now a service
    • Mirrorlink is re-introduced as a service. Think CarPlay, Fuse, etc.
    • Vocon3200 is back as a local voice recognition engine and Dragon is introduced as an online option
    • Listens for voice commands at all times (on selected devices)
    • Apple Lossless audio support
    • CELT (ultra-low delay audio codec) support
    • Subtitle support
    • S/Mime message viewer
    • Assets are now categorised using Design Units instead of screen resolution
    • More Chinese keyboard layouts
    • Still the old OpenSSL 1.0.1e from February 2013
    • Still QT4 based
    • Still no OpenGL 3.0
    • No new chipsets (CPU/GPU) introduced

Khan / Classic seem to be the next devices to be released after the Z3: Big disappointment...

Edits:
    Removed

• Near field audio doesn't require any sort of hardware

Added something about:

• voice commands
    • motion detection
    • new NFC library
    • new power manager
    • multiple modes support
    • ePDG / Voice over LTE
    • Improved contacts UI manager
    • S/Mime viewer
    Last edited by ofutur; 03-26-14 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Some corrections

The same thing happened with the squircle and call screen. No options for customisation. You can't please everyone, but when half the users don't like something, maybe it should stay as it was, especially when almost everyone is happy with the current design.

Posted via CB10
    oh man this is so childish.

at the end of the say blackberry 10 offers a completely different experience than android and ios. what you are hating on are cosmetic changes (flatter UI and red accents) and nothing to do with the usability of the OS. if a slightly flatter UI and the color red cause you to dump a phone and change ecosystems i would question how much you really did like bb10 to begin with.
    Yes, there are multiple references and test results in this thread. Can't remember the exact score.
    491 same as the old ones, saw that post in the morning

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    I found a neat feature within the media app. Videos now are designated as a wide image instead of the same size as the pictures. Its easy to distinguish now between the photos and videos you have taken in the past when scrolling through your library.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140324_145044.jpg 
Views:	2039 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	257945
    i think that might just be with stories cause thats not the case with videos ive taken amongst picture on my device
    03-24-14 02:01 PM
2,193 ... 2930313233 ...