I think it's a residue from the past when nickel-cadmium batteries where used:

"There's a lot of hearsay about battery extension techniques, but many of these are myths embedded in the prevalence of now-obsolete Nickel-Cadmium batteries (which have since been replaced by Li-Ion and Li-Po batteries). Nickel-Cadmium batteries were known for their memory retention, but unlike the old models, modern batteries no longer have memory retention and will not "forget" what their full charge capacity is."

But I'm curious, you stated that batteries do not have memory, are you referring to modern day batteries, or are you saying batteries in the past like nickel-cadmium didn't remember either but just a myth as well?

Posted via CB10
    I was referring to modern batteries as this is where my expertise lies
    05-12-13 11:11 AM
    This has been pointed out by some, I had it also. If you enter BB appworld initiate a buy and cancel on the last screen, it seems to correct the issue. (although if rebooted it may come back again, I have not really tested this as of yet -to reboot and check I mean).
    Payment options restored with your suggestion. Thanks.

Have not rebooted yet.

Posted from my Z10
    05-12-13 11:27 AM
    FWIW, here's my thinking on ugrading from 1627 to 1762 in my case, which may be similar to that of others here. I've read every post in this thread. I am on AT&T, STL100-3.

My use of the BB is pretty basic. I don't use Facebook, Poynt, or many other of the apps mentioned here outside of the standard ones and the BB World apps. My side loaded Android apps work fine, although there are a couple I haven't been able to get to work at all (Audible, SiriusXM).

I am not having any stability problems right now on 1627, no rebooting, confusion of contact names on texts and calls, etc.

The performance is pretty good--fast, smooth enough. My battery life is satisfactory with my usage, and I have a spare battery and external charger.

With the official OS 10.1 upgrade OTA expected--possibly this week--even an obsessive OS leak upgrader such as myself, dating back to BB OS 6 and 7, can't see a good reason to upgrade from 1627 to 1762 right now, considering the time required, and the potential for new bugs or issues.

If AT&T fails to come out very soon with an OTA 10.1, or if they do and it's a lower version than 1762, then I would upgrade to this leak or a later one which I'm sure is in the works as we speak.

I'm open to any logical refutation to this argument.
    CloudQ10 likes this.
    05-12-13 11:32 AM
    Same here. The Facebook reset method doesn't seem to work.
    See I knew this would pop up EVERYTIME. Just make sure u got your ig and fb account linked on some ios or Android device before you do the fb reset. I've been on all leaked since 1483 and never failed to get Instagram back working on the Z. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:39 AM
    I installed os version. 10.1.0.1720 for STL 1 and it is showing. 1o.1.0. 273 ???? Can anyone confirm the same it was the leaked one

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:12 PM
    This issue has already been brought up (actually a couple leaks ago) and a resolution has been posted.
    Go into BBW and attempt to buy an app. Back out before paying and your payment options should be returned in your settings.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    This worked great! Thanks
    05-12-13 12:12 PM
    Here's the pic
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:13 PM
    Are you sure the last one is off?
    Attachment 160648
    Hi. How come I don't have a headphone audio boost option? Using stl100-2 running. 1762

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:24 PM
    finally load up .1720 on my STL100-1
    my carrier is bmobile Trinidad & Tobago & i'm thrilled to say i have 4G data
    i'm on the official z10 plan from TSTT

any other trini users have any luck? (100-1)

EDIT: is there any way i can backup my contact list ONLY?
    i set up an outlook.com account and sync'd contacts but only new contacts are sync'd :\
    the only data i need restored is my contacts (about 180) i can reinstall my apps etc from scratch.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-12-13 12:26 PM
    Hi. How come I don't have a headphone audio boost option? Using stl100-2 running. 1762

Posted via CB10
    would like to know to
    05-12-13 12:30 PM
    Headphone Audioboost is a carrier option. If you don't see it now, you never will.
    Daveensannie likes this.
    05-12-13 12:36 PM
    I installed os version. 10.1.0.1720 for STL 1 and it is showing. 1o.1.0. 273 ???? Can anyone confirm the same it was the leaked one
    Software release 10.1.0.273 is OS version 10.1.0.1720
    Islam Khan likes this.
    05-12-13 12:39 PM
    Leak is great so far. Had it on the device for a few days and have only found one issue - hopefully you can help.

For the life of me I can't get remote access to work. I've tried rebooting the device, laptop. I've in installed and reinstalled link.

When I open file manager, my laptop is listed but I only get a blank screen. I've turned on BlackBerry link and signed into BlackBerry ID.

This is the one feature I would use every day. Anyone have any tips? Plz and thx.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-12-13 12:40 PM

i set up an outlook.com account and sync'd contacts but only new contacts are sync'd :\
    the only data i need restored is my contacts (about 180) i can reinstall my apps etc from scratch.
    I did not have such luck with the upgrade owing to the fact that I was on a legacy BlackBerry plan and not the official Z10 plan.
    As for the other thing about the contacts, I had the same idea. I have a 64gb card so I moved all my media to that, then I copied all my contacts to the sim. So when I installed the upgrade I transferred all the contacts back to the device then did a back up. So essentially the only thing being backed up was my contacts, as far I figure, No settings whatsoever, the phone was like new, out the box, only contacts. So i use this back up for contacts only after upgrades and get everything else like apps and stuff back from scratch. BBM installs itself when I do initial setup so no worries to back that up either. Hope this helps.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    stitch69 likes this.
    05-12-13 12:41 PM
    I am not sure, is loading the leaks similar to that of 9900? I want to load this leak but not sure how to do it
    05-12-13 12:59 PM
    It does seem to reset the payment problem after reboot, always nice there's a workaround though, you need to repeat it when cold boot
    05-12-13 02:07 PM
    I'm loving this . Thanks lbfe!
    Almost 2 days on .1762 now. After the usual first-day syncing/settling, this is really nice. I did my usual back-up/restore (settings/applications) with absolutely no issues. (As soon as BB Protect and/or BB Link allow selective restores to deal with Password Keeper and my bookmarks, I'll go from scratch.)
    I'm with you, I especially want to be able to just restore Password Keeper. Without that option, I have to restore everything. I would prefer to just start from scratch and only import a couple of things like my Word Substitution and Password Keeper.
    05-12-13 02:10 PM

What is your APN? Is it still greyed out?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:20 PM
    What is your APN? Is it still greyed out?

Posted via CB10
    I had another friend in Trinidad load it up to, and he's getting data also no problem, he has an stl100-1, maybe u do need to be on an official z10 plan

Flicked From CB10 On My Z10
    05-12-13 02:23 PM
    Can you guys name 3 reasons to load the leak ?

I use 10.0.10.90
    HDR would be nice but I can live without it until official update, anything else that is worth the hassle?
    05-12-13 02:37 PM
    For me there would be two reasons:
    No reboot for 48h now, IMAP and EAS are just blazing fast (like 2 sec max when on wifi, really better for me than the previous leak), i'm not sure anymore that BIS is faster.
    ll wait a bit before claiming that my reboot issue is fixed for good. (STL-102)
    05-12-13 02:50 PM

I use 10.0.10.90
    HDR would be nice but I can live without it until official update, anything else that is worth the hassle?
    For me it really worth the trouble (i also went from 10.0.10)

The keyboard and text selection is quite better on this version.

The bubble for moving the cursor and text selection is for me really a pro

The shadowing in green of words when they get auto corrected also helps to monitor better what I am writiing

Also flicking words up seems to be more responsive especially those on the lower parts of the keyboard where before many times it actually shipped up the whole app by mistake.

I find it to be snappier in the menus and settings

"Forever" option to keep mails on device in active exchange emails is also something I really consider important.

Some slight improvement on battery for me (on standby I had about 2% consumption per hour, now it is at less than 1,5%). Although still early to be able to say with certainly and my battery life has always been good comparing with what I see in the forums.

Using the wireless access for files on my PC from the file manager also makes a difference if you ask me.

These are just some I can mention in a quick thought as basic important changes. For day to day functionality.

Skype is also there if this is of interest to you (although not really optimal at the moment).

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:51 PM

I use 10.0.10.90
    Here's a few.
    1. Direct access via Link to all the files on PC!
    2. ActiveSync email sync increased to "Forever".
    3. Skype accessible via BB World.
    4. Larger, easier to use cursor control.
    5. HDR camera mode.
    05-12-13 02:55 PM
    6. Better/smother sideload
    7. Better app compability for native BB apps

unless you really need these things then there's no reason though as there's also nummerous bugs in the leak
    05-12-13 03:03 PM
    Loving the new OS. I can finally make use of the remote link. I was hoping I would be able to pin the folders so that my music and videos would show up on the media player.

You can remotely view your files on your Z10 from your PC. But you can only view them through the file manager. If you are playing a song from that folder, you don't have the option to click next.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:20 PM
1,038 ... 3031323334 ...