I have been on this leaked OS just over 24 hours so far no random reboots. Has anyone experienced any random reboots with this OS

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:11 AM
    I have been on this leaked OS just over 24 hours so far no random reboots. Has anyone experienced any random reboots with this OS
    Yup, overnight whilst charging... as it does every single night without fail.
    05-12-13 08:16 AM
    OK, now 24 hours since I shut off the VPN and no reboots, nor any misbehavior with reconnecting back to a WiFi hotspot that was previously known.

Hmmm...... this is pointing directly at the network code and a deadlock somewhere in the network stack.

Overall stability and performance, other than the VPN problem which is close to unusable (and is definitely unusable if you set autoconnect as it will provoke several reboots a day!) is excellent.

I have one complaint with Facebook integration. It used to be able to be selected so that you got only MESSAGES pulled over. That's not possible any more -- if you turn on messages now for sync you ALSO get the "so-and-so-likes your post" notifies, which SUCKS. They broke this badly and need to fix it.
    05-12-13 08:41 AM
    Yup, overnight while charging - the night after installing the OS. I wasn't expecting it to fix the reboot though, as I don't think BB has released the rumored fix just yet. I just wanted to experiment with extra features like HDR, etc.

The irony is my Verizon STL100-4 had actually been fairly stable this last week, going 3 days between reboots (had been restarting 1-2 times a day). I've seen a few others mention it too, though I can't explain it as no updates had come through, my habits haven't changed, etc.

In any case, thanks to the OP for the leak! This was my first time installing one, and it was easier than I'd expected.
    05-12-13 08:43 AM
    How do I know what STL version to download?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:49 AM
    Check settings -info

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:50 AM
    How do I know what STL version to download?

Posted via CB10
    Settings>About>OS
    05-12-13 08:56 AM
    The irony is my Verizon STL100-4 had actually been fairly stable this last week, going 3 days between reboots (had been restarting 1-2 times a day). I've seen a few others mention it too, though I can't explain it as no updates had come through, my habits haven't changed, etc.
    Makes me wonder if this is some sort of carrier issue causing this.
    05-12-13 08:57 AM
    anyone having issues with custom email which is Yahoo hosted, especially with the SMTP? one of my company emails is actually hosted by yahoo business mail and sometimes for some reason I can't send emails or the mail account stalls due to the SMTP "server offline or unavailable at this time." so weird as my PB and my laptop have no problems at all with this email account.

I've gone back and forth to check the settings but still, the SMTP keeps stalling. but my other emails e.g. OWA, gmail, outlook.com and EAS work fine. so weird here between BBRY and yahoo.
    05-12-13 09:10 AM
    Need to know how to go back to the original as well. What backup option we we need and what's the procedure? Thx.

OS
    I am running 10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 since yesterday and it crashed 4 times now.
    I am going back to 10.0.1.90 today!
    05-12-13 09:26 AM
    Mirror link if you have any problems with other links.

Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
    http://repo.antihackerlink.or.id/download.php?view.4146

Z10STL100-2/3/10.1.0.1762
    http://repo.antihackerlink.or.id/download.php?view.4147

Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1756
    http://repo.antihackerlink.or.id/download.php?view.4148

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:27 AM
    Did QQ ever work before upgrade? I have VZW 100-4. I am never able to login to QQ number and password. I got invalid login ID or password every time. BTW, do you see Chinese handwriting inpurt for you new OS. I am considering upgrade my VZW hone soon. it's 10.0.9. now no only Pinying input.
    Does anyone meet the same problem with me after upgrade to the 1720 on STL 100-1:
    1. The sideload app wechat and QQ will automatic close when the messages come every time.
    2. the contacts in dialing icon is less than in contacts icon . .

Who can help me with this ?
    05-12-13 09:33 AM
    I do not know if that is the case with your phone. Do you have battery Guru? Check your temp. If this is not the case, personally.i would try resetting the battery by letting it drain out and charge.
    Though I avoid draining the battery unless there is a solid reason and in long intervals -minimum a month, since it seems that batteries do not like that too much - too often.
    Why do people keep talking about "resetting" batteries? As an electrical engineer I can tell you this is completely false info and also possibly detrimental to your battery as it only has a limited amount of full charge cycles. Batteries donot have memories, people need to stop spreading this BS
    05-12-13 09:37 AM
    I think I just identified a bug...

If I get a call from a new number and when I try to save the number directly from the call log.. it just freeze, and I cannot add the number to the contact list..

I have to copy the number from the call log and then close the phone dialer.. then go in to the contact apps, select new contact and save...

Has anyone else have this issue..

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1762

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:45 AM
    Why do people keep talking about "resetting" batteries? As an electrical engineer I can tell you this is completely false info and also possibly detrimental to your battery as it only has a limited amount of full charge cycles. Batteries donot have memories, people need to stop spreading this BS
    +1
    05-12-13 09:58 AM
    Can some one check. Under contacts on phone number fields, if it shows like work1 work 2 work 3, home 1,2,3. Because im is just work, home, mobile. And if you put allot of number its hard to trace which number the text message from a person came. If i need to call and if there's 3work entry it hard to identify with of the work number entry.

If others have work 1,2, 3 entry may be you can send me screen shot

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:13 AM
    If you use BES email accounts, you cannot backup and restore those through Link. You will need to reactivate your device, or email account. To do this, you will need a activation password from your system administrator. So before installing this leak, make sure you have that password.

I know when i tried to backup. i also find a workaroud to get multilanguage. For BES the password i always diffent so i have to ask my college
    05-12-13 10:19 AM
    Works fine...

Settings > Language and Input > Feedback > Keyboard Feedback Volume
    No sound for me. mine manager get crazy.
    05-12-13 10:24 AM
    Random reboots were happening at night before. Now, happening during the day with this particular OS, but not too bad. That is the only thing that really needs to be sorted for me at this point.
    05-12-13 10:26 AM

+1
    +1 too. The battery reset thing was from waaaaay back in the day when rechargeables were made from Nickel Cadmium. Those things did need to be fully discharged before you charged them up. Ni-Cads havne't been used in mainstream stuff for probably the last decade (this is not fact, just anecdotal memory). Lithium Ion which is what most things use nowadays do not need this "resetting".
    05-12-13 10:34 AM
    I think it's a residue from the past when nickel-cadmium batteries where used:

"There's a lot of hearsay about battery extension techniques, but many of these are myths embedded in the prevalence of now-obsolete Nickel-Cadmium batteries (which have since been replaced by Li-Ion and Li-Po batteries). Nickel-Cadmium batteries were known for their memory retention, but unlike the old models, modern batteries no longer have memory retention and will not "forget" what their full charge capacity is."

But I'm curious, you stated that batteries do not have memory, are you referring to modern day batteries, or are you saying batteries in the past like nickel-cadmium didn't remember either but just a myth as well?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:37 AM
    My battery remembers to charge every night, all by its self, but I do have to plug it in! I hope blackberry has a fix for this soon as it is an unacceptable problem

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm, 00stryder and HedoBum like this.
    05-12-13 10:47 AM
    Do you have Poynt installed by any chance? It seems to use the GPS in the background for some reason, prompting the location services icon. I've uninstalled it until the issue is fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. I am just getting back to the forums today, but noticed this morning that the location services icon was off. One thing I did do was the old "log in to everything and close it" thing later in the evening and then tossed it on the charger for the night. I can't pinPoynt that app for sure, but I do have it installed. Maybe opening and closing it set it straight (seems likely, anyway).

It was restored from a backup; I didn't do a clean install and reload my apps from bb world. I first installed Poynt when I was on a previous 10.1 leak and it was ok.

At any rate, Poynt seems to be leaving the GPS alone, until needed, as do other apps. I'll keep this one in mind for the next leak and pay closer attention to that one in particular. ;-)
    05-12-13 10:50 AM
    I'm loving this . Thanks lbfe!
    Almost 2 days on .1762 now. After the usual first-day syncing/settling, this is really nice. I did my usual back-up/restore (settings/applications) with absolutely no issues. (As soon as BB Protect and/or BB Link allow selective restores to deal with Password Keeper and my bookmarks, I'll go from scratch.)
    05-12-13 10:55 AM
    1762 has charging issue. It takes longer time to charge the battery compare to 1627. I charge using premium BB Charger.
    05-12-13 11:06 AM
1,038 ... 2930313233 ...