Hello im running on leaked .1483 do i have to update to .1627 then update to .1720

OR i can go straight to .1720

Posted via CB with STL100-2
    Just go straight on, I did so from 10.0.1ver on an stl100-2. All good!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:25 PM
    how about that battery pull did the trick... BB10 doesn't fall far from the tree...

anyway those who recently install this leak OS after restore, do a battery pull
    Actually, DON'T do a battery pull. This isn't the BBOS of old and you may actually damage the phone doing so. Any freeze-ups or issues can be addressed with a restart with the power button. A lot if discussion on these boards about how the power disruption can potentially cause more problems than it fixes.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-11-13 09:27 PM
    almost 9,5 hours after a full battery charge with medium use and i am sitting on 86%...... I would normally loose about 2% every hour with the phone sitting idle at night... this is really encouraging on the battery life....!!!

One thing I do not like is not being able to go to vibrate mode by using the volume down button anymore... I kind of liked this feature.
    Are you sure the last one is off?
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000497.png
    currentodysseys and wobly like this.
    05-11-13 09:28 PM
    Was running 1483 leak on my STL100-3 Z10, skipped the 16xx leak due to numerous bug reports.. 1483 was for the most part an excellent OS... Many of the major issues with 10.0 fixed, but still had a few sleep mode glitches where the device would not go to sleep and would continue draining battery at a high rate even with nothing running.. I can live with some functional features not being there but BlackBerry needed to make sure battery life was perfect in the first release.. I was really not happy with how quickly the battery drained in 10.0.. I notice that in this release, if you have the logging enabled (and this may only be for RIM issued devices with the testing token installed) that there's an Android sleep/standby log file that is stored in the misc directory, so obviously they've been doing a lot of debugging of the code and it does seem that they've fixed a lot of the sleep/standby issues- the battery life with 1762 is phenomenal so far, with the device staying cool even with a fair bit of use (such as typing out this post and doing a lot of reading with the CrackBerry app)

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:33 PM
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but the battery drain is pretty significant to start. We'll see how it is after a couple days. Probably just needs to settle in :P
    05-11-13 09:34 PM
    Are you sure the last one is off?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000497.png 
Views:	1631 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	160648
    Thanks for that one... I did not really spot this... nice catch. I am very happy to know I was wrong

Thanks again!!!

I will edit the original post so as for other people to not be misinformed by it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:34 PM
    24 hours passed and yeah i notice the battery life improvement has started to increase.

took my phone off the charger at 8AM. low to moderate usage on BBM & whatsapp, at 12PM it was sitting at 88%. i then tried to load up my games on the phone to see which one can run and which one causes problems. i have:
    - angry birds starwars --> ran OK
    - where's my perry --> ran pretty OK, a bit sluggish at the start up but then it ran (Disney needs to push its update for 10.1 as on 10.0 i never had any problems with this game app)
    - 10 pin bowling --> OK and a bit snappier
    - stick tennis --> dunno whether just my feeling or whether it is real but i felt the startup was quicker..
    - where's my perry --> K.O. i've tried once, it crashed causing my phone to (for the first time since i've had my Z10) freeze for like 10 seconds. i was worried so i forced my phone to reboot (which marked my 4th manual reboot to the phone to settle the OS quicker ). the reboot went marginally quicker at about 45 secs then i checked my battery status, it was 78% after those rundowns and i decided to take another attempt. launched the perry once more, again it crashed but this time, my phone was frozen but after 10 seconds the app got closed by itself and everything went back to normal. no shutdown, no lags, no sluggishness or anything (kudos to QNX). the phone was steaming and after 5 mins i let it to cool down, my battery went a bit to 74%.

my conclusion here is, Disney Mobile needs to update all their game apps to be optimised for 10.1 OS. otherwise we'll never be able to play those games as they keep crashing on 10.1.
    05-11-13 09:36 PM
    That explains it, it was the only different setting I was using (SSL on) and was working for me ok (although gave me some trouble initially to connect).
    Thanks for the confirmation on that.
    You don't have to buy a cert, you can make your own CA, add that to the Z-10's certificate store, then sign a certificate using your own CA's private key and the phone will accept it.

In other words it can be done for zero dollars in about 15 minutes.

BTW that works for IMAP and the VPN server too (but be aware that for an IPSEC/IKEv2 server you may need to pay attention to the extended attributes when you sign the cert for the server depending on the code you're running on the server end.)
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-11-13 09:37 PM
    Just found something neat never noticed before FB chat/messages come in a different way now for the hub

Might have been there before but I don't get many messages/chats through Facebook

Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000380.png

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:21 PM
    Actually, DON'T do a battery pull. This isn't the BBOS of old and you may actually damage the phone doing so. Any freeze-ups or issues can be addressed with a restart with the power button. A lot if discussion on these boards about how the power disruption can potentially cause more problems than it fixes.

I agree that in general, you should not need to battery pull a BB10 device, but there are a few instances where a battery pull is still required: for instance, if a peripheral chip gets itself in a state where an OS reboot doesn't reset it..

In such a case it is advisable to treat the phone like your computer: save your work if you are able, then shut down gracefully (hold the power button down longer than 3 seconds and let the OS shut down apps and finish file system writes, etc) before you pull the battery.. You can't damage the core OS as it is a read-only file system, but although the user file system is designed to be very robust, you could still cause corruption in apps and user data in the other filesystems if you abruptly pull the battery without shutting down first.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-11-13 10:25 PM
    Help a dummy please. What are these leaked updates and are they proving to improve the device? I currently have a STL 100-3 and running 10.0.10.116.

Thanks for your help and advice.
    05-11-13 10:27 PM
    Hi just updated today, does anyone know how to extend a Gmail account to 90 days?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:38 PM
    Help a dummy please. What are these leaked updates and are they proving to improve the device? I currently have a STL 100-3 and running 10.0.10.116.

Thanks for your help and advice.
    If I'm wording it right, they are releases of updates for the z10 not released by carriers? So download at your own risk, i did so today and mine is amazing so far. For it for my stl 3

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:43 PM
    Hi just updated today, does anyone know how to extend a Gmail account to 90 days?

Posted via CB10
    Has to be done in initial set up

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:51 PM
    Just found something neat never noticed before FB chat/messages come in a different way now for the hub

Might have been there before but I don't get many messages/chats through Facebook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000380.png 
Views:	1654 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	160660

Posted via CB10
    Yep noticed this with the .1483 leak a while back. I think they snuck it in there with one of the recent updates to the Facebook app.

05-11-13 10:54 PM
    If I'm wording it right, they are releases of updates for the z10 not released by carriers? So download at your own risk, i did so today and mine is amazing so far. For it for my stl 3

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. If I do this update, do I need to update everything or will all the existing apps, etc just stay put and not be affected?
    05-11-13 10:59 PM
    Another bug I've found is that you no longer get anything listed under "Boot Time"

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    05-11-13 11:01 PM
    And the software release says no information available

05-11-13 11:02 PM
    Thanks. If I do this update, do I need to update everything or will all the existing apps, etc just stay put and not be affected?
    It will wipe your device, so all app data (apps downloaded, saved files/info, etc.), user settings, accounts you've set up, and any media (pictures, videos or music stored on the device, NOT on the SD card if you have one) will be deleted. It's recommended with any installation of a new OS that you first back up your existing device data using the desktop BlackBerry Link software. Refer to the first post in this thread for instructions.

05-11-13 11:02 PM
    Is this an official os or similar too @Meet joe asian, the only thing that's truly unstable for me is sideloading, so im considering waiting till the RE gets updated

I'm at 10.0.10.822 I'm from Denmark so my carrier probably won't upgrade allthough it's the danish version of three, BB is not the biggest brand here sadly. So if it's the same versioning as an official os I would consider doing the upgrade
    Well....first off, this is a leaked O/S...which means it's not supported by the carriers or the manufacturer....and yes, even though the O/S from your carrier may be stable, I did say that the leaked O/S is "MORE" stable....I never said your O/S was unstable....my reasonings for feeling that it's more stable:
    -the reboot issue has decreased tremendously (vs. MY carrier's O/S)
    -the touchscreen is so much more responsive and smoother vs my carrier's O/S
    -battery life has increased
    -touch features of the phone are more---precise
    -and I've only seem improvements over the stock O/S, and I have yet to see anything worse than the stock O/S...yes, you may have heard issues that some people may have in the new leaked vs their "previous" O/S...but as far as I can see, that's mostly the "current" LEAKED O/S vs the "previous" LEAKED O/S...I have yet to hear anyone finding a bug that's in the leaked O/S that wasn't in the stock O/S....
    .sorry, I gotta run...gotta meet someone for a drink....
    05-11-13 11:04 PM
    Another bug I've found is that you no longer get anything listed under "Boot Time"

And the software release says no information available

The Boot Time issue is well known, been that way since the earlier leaks. It's been mentioned here several times as well.

Some users are experiencing the software release info issue as well but Kris has stated that it won't affect your device's ability to check for newer software updates from your carrier.

Lendo likes this.
    05-11-13 11:05 PM
    This leak simply rocks.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:07 PM
    Can someone post the MD5 for this download? I've had very little luck downloading it from Mega (It's still downloading a day later in fact!) but this website

10.1.0.1762_STL100-2and3.rar_

was much faster. Still, I'd like to confirm it's legit before running it.

Apologies if anyone has already posted one but I didn't see it on the first page anywhere and this thread is pretty long.
    05-11-13 11:15 PM
    What is the purpose of this update?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:48 PM
    What is the purpose of this update?

Posted via CB10
    It's a leaked BB10 update (this particular version has mostly just performance enhancing properties).
    It was graciously offered by lbfe so people could get an advanced view of what's to come with the upcoming OTA release from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-12-13 12:38 AM
1,038 ... 2627282930 ...