If you restore from BBW, it won't give u your previous widget positions, but restore via back up will. I have experience this with the previous leak wherein I didn't restore via back up. Hope this helps.

Yes, I figured you had restored the whole backup, and I have had the same experience as you with that.

To do a "clean" install many people restore the apps from BB World and not from Restore Apps.

What I'm asking here is whether reinstalling the apps from BB World and then restoring /only/ the Settings part of the Backup will get the icon order of the Apps back in the original positions, or whether to do that requires restoring the Apps from the Backup, as well.

I also am asking if there's a way to back up or copy bookmarks in the Browser and then restore them selectively, and whether restoring the Settings /only/ from Backup will bring back the Bookmarks.
    05-11-13 07:09 PM
    Oh my. . I installed this thing. It went back to factory state. I did do the backup.
    Need help:

1. Do I have to restore from the backup?
    2. I had a lot of stuff set up just the way I want it. Will that be restored from backup?
    3. I also had about 10 email accounts set up. Do I have to redo all of this?
    4. Do I have to reinstall all the apps?
    5. Upon the restart none of the built in applications worked. A little later I see the maps is working. Guess I have to wait some.

I figured this update would leave all of my stuff alone. Apparently not.

Answers to my questions appreciated.
    05-11-13 07:12 PM
    Alright, I've done it, and all seems great so far... thank you thank you, thank you...
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:17 PM
    i'm on verizon got the st100-4 and my software release version is showing 10.1.0.278? was under the impressions it would be 10.1.0.1756 as this was the version I downloaded...

can someone confirm?
    Software release 10.1.0.278 is OS version 10.1.0.1756
    05-11-13 07:18 PM
    If you restore from BBW, it won't give u your previous widget positions, but restore via back up will. I have experience this with the previous leak wherein I didn't restore via back up. Hope this helps.
    It does help, thanks, and is consistent with what others are saying here.

I think when the 10.1 leaks first started coming out, and especially jumping from 10.0 to 10.1, with various corrupted files and a mixture of 10.0 and 10.1 apps, the advice was to do a "clean install" and spend the time updating every app. Now, it appears that that isn't necessary, and, in fact, just costs a lot of time.

One interesting suggestion a while back was to restore the apps, media and settings individually, just to avoid problems. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.
    Here's something new for me it lists LTE/4G/3G/2G instead of the HSPA+
    Oh my. . I installed this thing. It went back to factory state. I did do the backup.
    Need help:

1. Do I have to restore from the backup?
    2. I had a lot of stuff set up just the way I want it. Will that be restored from backup?
    3. I also had about 10 email accounts set up. Do I have to redo all of this?
    4. Do I have to reinstall all the apps?
    5. Upon the restart none of the built in applications worked. A little later I see the maps is working. Guess I have to wait some.

I figured this update would leave all of my stuff alone. Apparently not.

Answers to my questions appreciated.

Once you have installed the new OS, if you perform a full restore from the back up file via Link, it will return your phone, including apps, folders, media, browser bookmarks, sms etc to their prior state. This is what I did and it worked like a charm. Took time to finish up the restore but it all happened by itself, so it is no problem and phone works great.

As per email accounts: you do not really have to re-do anything, BUT.. you will have to re-enter the password for each account. In my case this would not work so I actually deleted and re-configured every single account in the hub anew manually. This and re-installing twitter app to make it work were the only two things I had to perform manually.

1. Do not "have" to but to get your stuff automatically re-instated on your phone, yes, that is the way to go
    2 is a yes then if you perform a full back up
    3. No if you perform a full back up, unless the password renewal does not work (like in my case) but most people here had no problem with that from what I understand.
    4.NO, if you do a full restore via Link, Yes if you do not restore and choose to manually put everything back together
    5. Try a reboot, that should fix it. Also, after the full restore, make sure you update any app that needs 10.1.0version updates from appworld in case you have not had this already done prior to the OS update of your phone.

Been on the new OS for about 8 hours now after a full restore via link post-OS update and everything works just great! (a slight battery improvement as well is noticed but this I will know in a couple of days, tuesday for example, after a full normal monday kicks in for work). I have an STL100-2 model and my battery life has always been decent with the exception of the first week after purchase).

Hope that helps with your questions,
    cheers.
    jgrobertson likes this.
    05-11-13 07:28 PM
    VERIZON WHITE Z10.....LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Running great so far and VERY IMPRESSED One happy Z10...no reboots but never had any...Hope the reboot gets resolved for some....I would replace mine personally unless I was doing something wrong....I ONLY update via USB....experience from Iphone, Blackberry, and Android....sometimes I had to reload again.....just saying, if your phone reboots....please replace it....thank you, and I am sure BLACKBERRY will assist you with this because BLACKBERRY ROCKS
    05-11-13 07:38 PM
    After all this discussion and help, the remaining questions for me are:

1. Is it worthwhile to upgrade from 1627 to 1762. Kris said it is mainly a performance improvement (speed? Android apps run better?) and some increased stability, but no real change in features.

2. Does it make more sense to wait for the official release of a 10.1 on AT&T? That might even be an earlier version of 10.1 than this leak, and then what to do? An OTA install doesn't require any sort of restore, as I understand it, and even the side-loaded Android apps stay on the BB with an OTA upgrade.
    05-11-13 08:00 PM
    After all this discussion and help, the remaining questions for me are:

1. Is it worthwhile to upgrade from 1627 to 1762. Kris said it is mainly a performance improvement (speed? Android apps run better?) and some increased stability, but no real change in features.

2. Does it make more sense to wait for the official release of a 10.1 on AT&T? That might even be an earlier version of 10.1 than this leak, and then what to do? An OTA install doesn't require any sort of restore, as I understand it, and even the side-loaded Android apps stay on the BB with an OTA upgrade.
    Well its a bit more stable and smoother and battery life is an improvement

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:06 PM
    Well its a bit more stable and smoother and battery life is an improvement

Posted via CB10
    It's getting tougher to resist :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Resist no more... give in to the adventurous feeling of a full OS leaked upgrade... you shall be rewarded! I am SO glad I did update!!!

PS: I know how you feel since without my phone in my work I am as good as dead but being a Friday to Saturday upgrade....
    05-11-13 08:15 PM
    bb link worked for me..

anyone else notice that their keyboard sounds aren't working? doing a battery pull now but no feedback noise for me right now
    05-11-13 08:23 PM
    bb link worked for me..

anyone else notice that their keyboard sounds aren't working? doing a battery pull now but no feedback noise for me right now
    how about that battery pull did the trick... BB10 doesn't fall far from the tree...

anyway those who recently install this leak OS after restore, do a battery pull
    05-11-13 08:27 PM
    Finally got OS10.1.0.1720 on my STL100-1,

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:30 PM
    Seems like the alert on BlackBerry Protection going in and out of coverage area is removed.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:30 PM
    bb link worked for me..

Actually I think they lowered the volume (and somehow seems changed sound a bit, just like camera sound seems different to me in this update). I went to settings-->Language and inmput--->feedback and turned it up a bit. Since then it all works great on the keyboard feedback sound.
    05-11-13 08:35 PM
    almost 9,5 hours after a full battery charge with medium use and i am sitting on 86%...... I would normally loose about 2% every hour with the phone sitting idle at night... this is really encouraging on the battery life....!!!

One thing I do not like is not being able to go to vibrate mode by using the volume down button anymore... I kind of liked this feature.

Edit: the volume down button to get to vibrate mode DOES work actually. Thanks to Frank I am for pointing this out!!
    Are you sure the last one is off?
    Attachment 160648
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 05-11-13 at 09:36 PM.
    05-11-13 08:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just do it. Installed it yesterday, piece of cake. Restored from link and no issues at all, just took 1hour sync time to get my contacts in, but in the end not a big deal. While I was in the adventurous mood, I also did my first side loads yesterday. Skype and Netflix to start. Fantastic - used the Google Chrome method to install.

Posted from my Z10
    05-11-13 08:50 PM
    ^^ one caveat I should add, can't seem to figure out how to get payment options going. Says "unable to complete update". I have started searches to figure it out

Posted from my Z10
    05-11-13 08:54 PM
    So my location services icon is always on now. It's grey, not white (I say this because I can't recall what it looks like when on). It usually only appeared when using an app that required it, then went away.

I am using an 004 (Verizon) so I'm using 10.1.0.1756. No past leak, or stock OS/software ever did this. It also seems to have really bad battery; something I haven't experienced with any of the past leaks. I am not messing wit hit any more or less than I usually do on leak day.

Aside from that, it seems to be just fine. No broken apps; snappy. The location thing is curious. the battery -- I'll give it a nice overnight charge and see. I've rebooted 2-3 times since loading.
    05-11-13 08:54 PM
    ^^ one caveat I should add, can't seem to figure out how to get payment options going. Says "unable to complete update". I have started searches to figure it out

Posted from my Z10
    This has been pointed out by some, I had it also. If you enter BB appworld initiate a buy and cancel on the last screen, it seems to correct the issue. (although if rebooted it may come back again, I have not really tested this as of yet -to reboot and check I mean).
    05-11-13 08:59 PM
    Up and running with 10.1.0.1762! Thank you very much lbfe!
    Haven't had the chance to check out any performance upgrades but I did notice a slightly smoother and creamier taste to the UI and not even the slightest bit runny!
    Thanks again! Much appreciated!
    05-11-13 09:05 PM
    So my location services icon is always on now. It's grey, not white (I say this because I can't recall what it looks like when on). It usually only appeared when using an app that required it, then went away.

I am using an 004 (Verizon) so I'm using 10.1.0.1756. No past leak, or stock OS/software ever did this. It also seems to have really bad battery; something I haven't experienced with any of the past leaks. I am not messing wit hit any more or less than I usually do on leak day.

Aside from that, it seems to be just fine. No broken apps; snappy. The location thing is curious. the battery -- I'll give it a nice overnight charge and see. I've rebooted 2-3 times since loading.
    Do you have Poynt installed by any chance? It seems to use the GPS in the background for some reason, prompting the location services icon. I've uninstalled it until the issue is fixed.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    05-11-13 09:19 PM
    Hello im running on leaked .1483 do i have to update to .1627 then update to .1720

OR i can go straight to .1720

Posted via CB with STL100-2
    05-11-13 09:21 PM
1,038 ... 2526272829 ...