Noticing some comments, in the thread just now, made me wonder if anyone has the information and could list the items restored in;
    1-Application data
    2-Media
    3-Settings
    I'm sure that we all have assumptions about this, but it would be useful?
    05-11-13 05:05 PM
    On a Verizon Z10 here. This build has not fixed my rebooting issues.

Everything else is working great, though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that the reboot problem is a result of a watchdog reset, and the wedge condition that provokes it is in the network drivers.

I had three reboots in 18 hours along with two more requirements to shut off all RF ("Airplane mode") to restore WiFi when coming into range of a WiFi hotspot I had saved. All were with autoconnect to VPN (mine, at my home office) active.

I shut that off this morning and am running without the VPN up. So far, no crashes and no problems with autoconnecting back to WiFi locations that are saved. I'm not convinced - yet - that this has actually fixed it, but by now with the VPN enabled I'd have had it reboot or wig on me at least once, so.....

If the problem is in the network code BlackBerry should be able to find and fix it from crash dumps, but it will be tricky to isolate it because the context of what wedges can change from incident to incident. In all probability what's going on here is that the system is having a problem with either a memory leak or an exclusive lock requirement somewhere in the networking code is deadlocking. Having had to run down that sort of thing in Unix-style OS drivers before it can be a lot of fun to find it as the traceback you get from the crash doesn't always tell you anything (it tells you what was blocked at the time, but not always WHY.)

If you're getting crashes make sure you're sending diagnostics -- I know, I know, it's a privacy thing and all, but if BlackBerry is getting good context dumps on these it will help them find it.
    00stryder, mundo472 and homer1475 like this.
    05-11-13 05:11 PM
    Www.7-zip.org

Download this app to extract the exe from the rar.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    Hey, thanks for the assist, I'm now on this new version and it is great.

Wanted to know if you also get that demonstration bar telling you to tap right or left, do you know how to shut that off?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:28 PM
    If you're getting crashes make sure you're sending diagnostics -- I know, I know, it's a privacy thing and all, but if BlackBerry is getting good context dumps on these it will help them find it.
    You're talking about the diagnostics in the security settings? I've always left that on. I figure even on leaked builds it should have some useful information for BlackBerry.

Before this leak came out I had downgraded to the current Verizon firmware (from the previous non-stl100-4 leak, 1627 I think) and actually went a whole night (on the charger), then a whole day without a reboot.
    Once I plugged my phone in the second night, not two minutes went by before the phone rebooted. But I didn't have any random reboots off the charger.
    Before all the leaks started coming out I would get random reboots on the stock firmware.

With this build I am back to random reboots throughout the day as well as rebooting overnight.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:28 PM
    Noticing some comments, in the thread just now, made me wonder if anyone has the information and could list the items restored in;
    1-Application data
    2-Media
    3-Settings
    I'm sure that we all have assumptions about this, but it would be useful?
    1) app data: all apps, browser book marks etc., 2) media: all pics, videos, music etc., 3) settings: all notification settings I.E. Custom ringtones, vibrate, alarm settings among other things and I am just guessing, but I can tell you that I installed the first 10.1 leak and did a restore from 10.0 and things didn't go so well, I had to roll back to 10.0 after a few days, I did an OOBE on the 2nd leak, while the experience of the new OS was great, it really was a pain downloading all the apps, so with this leak I tried a restore and it is as smooth if not smoother than the 2nd leak I installed, no jitters, lagginess and no overheating, it does take some time for indexing media after a restore among other things, the biggest plus with this OS is no carrier bloat ware!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:40 PM
    Hey, I just updated, and my payment options says it unable to complete update, how do I get it back to working?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:51 PM
    Wanted to know if you also get that demonstration bar telling you to tap right or left, do you know how to shut that off?
    Just follow the instructions. Swipe all the way to the left, then all the way back to the right and into the Hub and out again. The bar should go after you do that.
    05-11-13 05:54 PM
    We don't use SSL either, and like you I suspect that is the problem.
    Update:
    Since I'm the IT department , I purchased and installed an SSL Cert. on our 2003 server and immediately I could create the Exchange Activesync account and now my email, calendar and contacts are working again, even Tasks is syncing both ways.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-11-13 05:55 PM
    Do as you buy something in app world and after entering pasword cancel it.
    Go back to payment options in settings, should work now.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:56 PM
    Hey, I just updated, and my payment options says it unable to complete update, how do I get it back to working?
    This has been mentioned many times in here. Purchase any app from BlackBerry World and cancel just before paying. Your payment options will show now... but will go again after a reset.
    05-11-13 05:57 PM
    This has been mentioned many times in here. Purchase any app from BlackBerry World and cancel just before paying. Your payment options will show now... but will go again after a reset.
    Copy that, problem fixed. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:11 PM
    OS installed on STL100-3, but link failed and no back up ish happens LOL
    05-11-13 06:15 PM
    Just installed .1762 on my STL-100-2 and love it. First time i've ever installed a leak.

Big thanks to lbfe and all who advised how to install and put it up for download.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:17 PM
    First bug noticed, you can't gesture back to the HUB from a BBM chat unless the keyboard is minimized.
    05-11-13 06:21 PM
    Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    05-11-13 06:26 PM
    Rogers My Account doesn't work properly either.
    05-11-13 06:27 PM
    It's not the leak, its Rogers, when they updated it for Q10 support is messed the dimensions up

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:34 PM
    05-11-13 06:34 PM
    It's not the leak, its Rogers, when they updated it for Q10 support is messed the dimensions up

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'm kinda screwed then.
    05-11-13 06:35 PM
    Turn off wifi and it will work, unless you got unlimited bbm as part of a promotion then it won't show any data. Also rogers updated for q10 and on the z10 we only get third of the screen used. All this discussed in other threads were problems before these leaks.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:38 PM
    Guess I'm kinda screwed then.
    You can still see everything, just have a narrow letterbox to scroll in. I'm in same position, I hope they fix it soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:40 PM
    Update:
    Since I'm the IT department , I purchased and installed an SSL Cert. on our 2003 server and immediately I could create the Exchange Activesync account and now my email, calendar and contacts are working again, even Tasks is syncing both ways.
    That explains it, it was the only different setting I was using (SSL on) and was working for me ok (although gave me some trouble initially to connect).
    Thanks for the confirmation on that.
    05-11-13 06:46 PM
    First bug noticed, you can't gesture back to the HUB from a BBM chat unless the keyboard is minimized.
    You mean while the chat is open in the HUB right? if you swipe up (while keyboard is open) the keyboard minimises and there is a certain point in the swipe that allows you to touch the back arrow on the bottom left in the bar. If you go way too up with the swipe (as for the active apps screen to start actually rolling in from the right, you won't be able to press the back arrow within the hub though).
    05-11-13 06:49 PM
    i'm on verizon got the st100-4 and my software release version is showing 10.1.0.278? was under the impressions it would be 10.1.0.1756 as this was the version I downloaded...

can someone confirm?

and maybe a dumb question... but would a full backup and a full restore re-introduce any saved bugs that were present in 10.0 even though upgraded to 10.1? I believe the answer is no but in the past restores would transfer bugs after a clean wipe.
    05-11-13 06:51 PM
    Blackberry Link isn't working anymore either.
    05-11-13 07:04 PM
1,038 ... 2425262728 ...