Text message Error

okay I have a vzw phone stl 100-4 and I am finding that when people send me a text messages it is not making a sound, now if I go the specified text it will show up but I have to open it because it won't show up in the hub. It does not show up highlighted in hub or when going to the text message tab.

mms messages don't come in at all and a reboot does not fix it

the weird part is if I am in the text message tab, the search feature will show that I have a new text for instance if I search, a, e, I, o, u (they are used most in text messages) they will show up new and I can open them but I have to physically search for the text messages.

If I restart the phone they show up and it will work for an hour and then go back to this.

I did a clean install and just restored my contacts with contact x, I have side loaded snap chat, 4 pictures one word, Skype, and imdb
    this is not an issue when I downgrade back to 10.0 but was an issue on the pervious versions of 10.1 if any one could help I would be deeply greatful
    Last edited by sciblades; 05-11-13 at 02:32 PM.
    05-11-13 02:14 PM
    Man, I guess this is what happens when you release so many different hardware phones. Some have no problems, some have some. Bbry should have just released / made one version, And that would be that. Feel as like a bunch of people building their own PC and wondering why the graphics card driver isn't working with windows....

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.273
    05-11-13 02:24 PM
    I installed Google talk, and while I saw in some screenshots there should be a nice gtalk icon in the hub, while I don't have it. Instead some kind of utilities icon. Any clue why is that so?
    I'm on 10.1.0.720 stl100-1.

Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000164_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:29 PM
    After a day coming from 10.0, nice to see a few issues I had fixed. Like previously my text messages showed a wrong send for a particular carrier number. I have a number that I can dial to check data usage from my carrier, and when i dial it, it sends a text to me. Previously it would show the wrong sender, not its correct.

Also when i click links in emails from the Hub to go to certain website that requires login (like to view messages from some forums), the browser will prompt me to enter login details again, even if I am already logged on. Now it works as it should If i'm already logged in, I can jump straight in.
    05-11-13 02:32 PM
    Bingo

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    I believe something went wrong, I don't believe autoloader open. I was prompted with a box say, whether I want to use a program on the computer itself or a website....... no where did I see expand rat archive and run exe autoloader

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:35 PM
    Thanks lbfe!!! Thanks Kris!!
    05-11-13 02:35 PM
    I believe something went wrong, I don't believe autoloader open. I was prompted with a box say, whether I want to use a program on the computer itself or a website....... no where did I see expand rat archive and run exe autoloader

Posted via CB10
    Www.7-zip.org

Download this app to extract the exe from the rar.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-11-13 02:37 PM
    Great stuff!

Stl100-3 here.

Installation was smooth and, for the first time, the full restore completed on the first try. That may be due to the Link update, but it was good to see anyway.

All Android apps are working, including sideloads.

I've only had this leak installed a few hours, but I've been tracking battery drain with Battery Guru and preliminary results are encouraging. More on that in a few days.

Thanks to those who make the BlackBerry leak tango possible. It's one of the cool things about owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:45 PM
    This leak is working well

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:47 PM
    For Instagram you may need to delete the app from Facebook itself then perform the password reset via Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:49 PM
    Can I update to 10.1.0.1762 "full OS" straight from the original 10.0, or do I need a previous 10.1 leak first?
    Last edited by MidnightWatcher; 05-11-13 at 04:43 PM.
    05-11-13 02:49 PM
    Does anyone have this working with Microsoft Exchange 2003 ActiveSync ? I have not been able to complete the account setup for my work email on .1762 or the previous .1627 I put in all the parameters and after selecting Next, I get a message "Your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check you network settings." I get the same using Wifi or the Fido network. I don't have this issue on .1483 I would like to find the solution as it will be some time before we change our version of Exchange.
    I'm using a different ActiveSync server, but could not get .1756 to work on my VZW STL100-4.
    I don't use SSL and suspect that is the issue. The .1483 OS works fine, had to revert back to it.
    05-11-13 02:50 PM
    I'm using a different ActiveSync server, but could not get .1756 to work on my VZW STL100-4.
    I don't use SSL and suspect that is the issue. The .1483 OS works fine, had to revert back to it.
    We don't use SSL either, and like you I suspect that is the problem.
    05-11-13 02:52 PM
    It's always worked for me on Vodafone ever since OS7.1, and I don't have a hotspot plan either.
    I'm in the same boat as MeetJoeAsian, don't have a specific hotspot plan with VZW but had the feature on the .1483 leak that is now unavailable on this leak. I figured it's not suppose to be available and the BlackBerry dev team sorted it out with newer software releases. Hoping it makes a miraculous return though!

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-11-13 03:05 PM
    Can I upload to 10.1.0.1762 "full OS" straight from the original 10.0, or do I need a previous 10.1 leak first?
    Yes you can, remember to back up first

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:06 PM
    Text message Error

okay I have a vzw phone stl 100-4 and I am finding that when people send me a text messages it is not making a sound, now if I go the specified text it will show up but I have to open it because it won't show up in the hub. It does not show up highlighted in hub or when going to the text message tab.

mms messages don't come in at all and a reboot does not fix it

the weird part is if I am in the text message tab, the search feature will show that I have a new text for instance if I search, a, e, I, o, u (they are used most in text messages) they will show up new and I can open them but I have to physically search for the text messages.

If I restart the phone they show up and it will work for an hour and then go back to this.

I did a clean install and just restored my contacts with contact x, I have side loaded snap chat, 4 pictures one word, Skype, and imdb
    this is not an issue when I downgrade back to 10.0 but was an issue on the pervious versions of 10.1 if any one could help I would be deeply greatful
    Wow that's weird, I have a Verizon Z10 as well and never experienced these issues. This is the second leaked OS that I've installed too. You might have to downgrade again and wait for the official update from Verizon, whenever that going to happen.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-11-13 03:14 PM
    Yes, I figured you had restored the whole backup, and I have had the same experience as you with that.

To do a "clean" install many people restore the apps from BB World and not from Restore Apps.

What I'm asking here is whether reinstalling the apps from BB World and then restoring /only/ the Settings part of the Backup will get the icon order of the Apps back in the original positions, or whether to do that requires restoring the Apps from the Backup, as well.

I also am asking if there's a way to back up or copy bookmarks in the Browser and then restore them selectively, and whether restoring the Settings /only/ from Backup will bring back the Bookmarks.
    No, restoring only the settings will not restore app order, if you are coming from a previous leak restoring app data should not be a problem, I did a selective restore meaning each one individually 1) settings 2) media 3) app data and everything was just like before the update, all I had to do was update passwords to my email, I am not sure if the settings will bring back bookmarks, I dont think so but I maybe wrong?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:32 PM
    No, restoring only the settings will not restore app order, if you are coming from a previous leak restoring app data should not be a problem, I did a selective restore meaning each one individually 1) settings 2) media 3) app data and everything was just like before the update, all I had to do was update passwords to my email, I am not sure if the settings will bring back bookmarks, I dont think so but I maybe wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to you and the others who responded to this earlier.

I take it that the "clean install" of apps really doesn't make that much difference, and actually increases the time and effort of an upgrade, especially once some version of 10.1 has already been installed and things are working fairly well with that version.

I, too, would prefer not to enter all the data again in my apps if I don't have to.

It doesn't seem as though a clean install makes much of a difference with the Contacts issues (duplicates, corruption, etc.) one way or another. I wonder if this leaked version fixes any of the Contacts issues.
    05-11-13 03:59 PM
    This leak doesn't fix the disappearing 90-day Gmail sync, in case anyone was wondering. It reverts to 30 days within hours, as in the last couple of 10.1 versions.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:06 PM
    This leak doesn't fix the disappearing 90-day Gmail sync, in case anyone was wondering. It reverts to 30 days within hours, as in the last couple of 10.1 versions.
    It's not just Gmail as Yahoo does the same, and probably all IMAP accounts.
    05-11-13 04:17 PM
    Done

Attachment 160229

Posted via CB10
    Please what's the difference between a software version and an OS version. I ask coz there was an official release not so long ago, 10.1.0.273 and now dis leak is 10.1.0.1760 makes one tink he is backdating and not updating. Thanks
    05-11-13 04:28 PM
    So what about those that had the random reboot issue? Does this build fix it?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:47 PM
    Thanks to you and the others who responded to this earlier.

I take it that the "clean install" of apps really doesn't make that much difference, and actually increases the time and effort of an upgrade, especially once some version of 10.1 has already been installed and things are working fairly well with that version.

I, too, would prefer not to enter all the data again in my apps if I don't have to.

It doesn't seem as though a clean install makes much of a difference with the Contacts issues (duplicates, corruption, etc.) one way or another. I wonder if this leaked version fixes any of the Contacts issues.
    My multiple contacts issue had to do with all my email accounts and syncing contacts from the email accounts, I turned off sync contacts and calender, plus when I get a new contact I press and hold and add them to the sim card

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-11-13 04:50 PM
    So what about those that had the random reboot issue? Does this build fix it?

Posted via CB10
    On a Verizon Z10 here. This build has not fixed my rebooting issues.

Everything else is working great, though.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:56 PM
    Can I update to 10.1.0.1762 "full OS" straight from the original 10.0, or do I need a previous 10.1 leak first?
    Yes you can!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:03 PM
1,038 ... 2324252627 ...