i had installed it for a couple of hours , and i only can say "Perfect"

STL-1 here
    05-11-13 12:15 AM
    i had installed it for a couple of hours , and i only can say "Perfect"

STL-1 here
    +1
    05-11-13 12:21 AM
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1720 for stl100-1  10.1.0.1756 for stl100-4  10.1.0.1762 for stl100-2 ,3-img_00000361.jpg

Downloading for the 3rd time..

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:28 AM
    And remote file access works finally.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:34 AM
    So far I find this leak to be smoother than any of the previous ones I had installed. Finally!

Posted via CB10
    Agree.....

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:41 AM
    I think the trick is to delete that "folder.jpg"
    Doh! that's it, I'll edit the instructions.

But be warned, it doesn't take effect immediately, maybe takes a minute or two for the music app to populate the album art again.
    05-11-13 12:54 AM
    Nope did not work
    Try the below instructions, I said to view the file when I should have said to delete the file. I just installed the leak and did the below trick and my album populated. Thanks to mundo472 for pointing that out.

============

I can't explain why this worked for me before, so see if it works for you. I'm curious if anyone else can replicate this:

-close your music app
    -open the file manager app
    -navigate to the directory with your music
    -find a picture file with the name folder.jpg
    -Delete the file (folder.jpg)
    -close the file manager app
    -then open up the music app and see if your album art comes up. (may take 1 to 2 minutes to populate)

Tell me if that works, hopefully I can get it to work again when I install the leak
    05-11-13 12:58 AM
    Man, I must say it works good!! This is the first leak I have loaded on my STL3 and it went quite smooth, restore took the better part of an hour but everything came back except for my sideloads. Had to reset all my accounts and it was more finicky setting my work e-mail up on it than when I first got it, had to go into the advanced setup to get it working, didn't have to do that the first time I set it up. Its been sitting idle for nearly 4 hours now and has only gone down 4% in battery life. I'm impressed!! I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary and everything is smooth so far.
    05-11-13 01:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000361.jpg 
Views:	2024 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	160407

Posted via CB10
    try to import instead of downloading. You will find Mega file explorer. Then, right click to the file that you want to download, and choose download. it will start downloading the file automatically. When downloaded file finished, you will ask to save as the file.

it always work, instead of direct download the files. Try that.
    stitch69 likes this.
    05-11-13 01:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000361.jpg 
Views:	2024 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	160407

Posted via CB10
    try to import instead of downloading. You will find Mega file explorer. Then, right click to the file that you want to download, and choose download. it will start downloading the file automatically. When downloaded file finished, you will ask to save as the file.

it always work, instead of direct download the files. Try that.
    05-11-13 01:11 AM
    What'sApp now in Hub , really, really happy now and love my Z10. Come on Blackberry, let's show Apple and Google that they can't take over the world!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:17 AM
    STL-100-1 with 1720. Stable and fast. Word prediction looks less spot on than 1627.

I am thinking how do these leaks come in being? From one of the phones ( which already has learnt words? Or from BlackBerry site?) reason I am asking this because with 1627 T-Mobile would get suggested if space was touched. Now I had never used or read that word after rebuilding my Z10 with the leak.

And this is just a curious question, not a crib.

Posted via CB10
    Id say they are leaked by blackberry for a pre release testing by an enthusiastic community, ie crackberry. Smart move I think. Also, Id say after you installed the new OS any words your phone had learnt will need to be learnt again, assuming Link doesnt back them up. Would be cool if Link did do that though, but Id say based on your experience, assuming you restored after installing, that it doesnt.
    05-11-13 01:22 AM
    I have the same problem with the previous Leak 10.1.0.1483 on my Verizon STL100-4. I hope they fix this for the release.
    yeah i notice that too, sometimes with BBM. but well.. hopefully the update for BBM itself will come up soon before the official release.
    05-11-13 01:34 AM
    For me this is a pretty big step change from Verizon's official 10.0.9.x, so thank you!

Installing was fairly easy, but found a few hiccups with the restore. I had to add my BlackBerry ID and my BlackBerry balanced account before BlackBerry Link let me restore. I had some issues with contacts, but hoping that is mostly behind me. I also had to reenter all of my account passwords.

Initial findings after just a few hours.

Positives:
    - keyboard seems better and has green highlights
    - correction circle is much improved with four way touch to navigate
    - calendar works in landscape
    - fonts seem smaller in the hub, more visible
    - my two pc's now show up in the file manager (haven't figured out how to access my files yet, though)
    - pin messaging is there (never used it)
    - improved calculator with unit converter
    - hdr camera
    - noticed next day, top and bottom navigation in messages (may have been there)
    - BlackBerry World navigation
    - several app upgrades
    - slightly better changing to phone call only mode
    - various bugs gone

Negatives:
    - lagged for a while (seemed to calm down now)
    - above challenges with upgrade and contacts
    - verizon's backup software still doesn't fully run
    - many contacts needed to be relinked
    - haven't figured out how to access my pc files yet
    - still can't save password in voicemail
    - still lacks quick display brightness changing like my pb (too many clicks)

I'm sure I'll observe more and I'm anxious to see how the battery does, as I was on the original os.

Looking forward to reading other people 's findings. Thanks again!

7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> Z10 + PlayBook
    PIN messages still not working very well. Z10->BB9900 it is ok, but BB9900->Z10 not working...
    Anyone check that?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:40 AM
    PIN messages still not working very well. Z10->BB9900 it is ok, but BB9900->Z10 not working...
    Anyone check that?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I forget to mention STL-1

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:43 AM
    Thanks for the leaked os. Now I have stl100-1 v10.1 and everything it's working fine till now I have to add all my accounts but that's it. I'll post more impressions later after I'll play a little bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:47 AM
    just finished loading on my STL-2. did my full restore as well through the Link.

if you guys still rock on yahoo mail, i suggest you'd better delete your accounts and add them back, revalidating will never be successful. that's not BBRY's fault or the the OS's but it's just Yahoo being so dumb! arrgh.. but for any other accounts (e.g. gmail/outlook.com/hotmail/live and work email) you can simply just validate your password and all you are good to go.

overall yeah.. i feel that my phone, even though it's doing hard work (reinstating my BBM groups, whatsapp etc which might take a bit more on the CPU) but still, it feels a lot cooler! sounds it is doing great. which means i hope the battery life will be noticeably increased as well. but i can't speculate on that as i've just joined the band.

my whatsapp isn't integrated to the Hub as yet. dunno why.. but the APN settings & the payment thing on BB world works fine for me.

will report on any bugs or mishaps later on.
    update: 5 hours since the update. looking good. at first the phone was a bit sluggish, maybe due to a lot of syncing back & forth happening and when my whatsapp & BBM started to populate my contacts my phone was steaming, the battery guru noted my battery temperature was at 42 degrees!!! but after the syncing thing was almost done then things started to settle down. still quite warm sometimes (33-35 degrees) but the performance of the phone is back and even better.

i found a minor glitch on the BBM from the Hub. sometimes it takes me 3-4 attempts of swiping before i can go back to the Hub from my opened BBM chats.

the contacts app is better, now it detects almost all my yahoo contacts. i have around 1000+ contacts sync to my yahoo mail but when i was using the 10.0 OS it only pulled 400 of them, weird. but today, almost those 1000 contacts are now inside my phone. linking those contacts with FB/twitter/linkedin might take more time but for now i just leave it like it is. don't really wanna get too fussy with that for now

as for the battery life, can't tell too much at the moment but i notice that on idle the ADR is only about 2% an hour. but that only happened for a while before my whatsapp started to populate my contacts then the ADR jumped to about 22% per hour. hopefully the ADR will improve as i have everything setup and running by now, so nothing needs syncing.

instagram doesn't work on my phone anymore... dunno why.

as for the boot time information, yeah.. on my phone it also says "no information available". hhm..
    05-11-13 01:47 AM
    Same here. The Facebook reset method doesn't seem to work.
    Just a note. When I re-sideloaded Instagram on. 1627, I didn't have to reset password. I didn't even have to login again. I just opened a sideloaded android app then waited for the progress meter that greets you when you first open an android app to finish. After that, all sideloaded apps started working again. I didn't even lose my progress in games!
    \(^o^)/

That was after I did a full backup and restore, of course.

Has anybody tried this on .1762?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    05-11-13 01:58 AM
    For me this is a pretty big step change from Verizon's official 10.0.9.x, so thank you!

Installing was fairly easy, but found a few hiccups with the restore. I had to add my BlackBerry ID and my BlackBerry balanced account before BlackBerry Link let me restore. I had some issues with contacts, but hoping that is mostly behind me. I also had to reenter all of my account passwords.

Initial findings after just a few hours.

Positives:
    - keyboard seems better and has green highlights
    - correction circle is much improved with four way touch to navigate
    - calendar works in landscape
    - fonts seem smaller in the hub, more visible
    - my two pc's now show up in the file manager (haven't figured out how to access my files yet, though)
    - pin messaging is there (never used it)
    - improved calculator with unit converter
    - hdr camera
    - noticed next day, top and bottom navigation in messages (may have been there)
    - BlackBerry World navigation
    - several app upgrades
    - slightly better changing to phone call only mode
    - various bugs gone

Negatives:
    - lagged for a while (seemed to calm down now)
    - above challenges with upgrade and contacts
    - verizon's backup software still doesn't fully run
    - many contacts needed to be relinked
    - haven't figured out how to access my pc files yet
    - still can't save password in voicemail
    - still lacks quick display brightness changing like my pb (too many clicks)

I'm sure I'll observe more and I'm anxious to see how the battery does, as I was on the original os.

Looking forward to reading other people 's findings. Thanks again!

7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> Z10 + PlayBook
    The calculator features (tip, converter) were always there, just hidden under the settings menu (swipe from top of the screen).

To get Remote File Access to work on the Verizon phones, for some reason (probably related to the CDMA technology limitations) you have to disable the cellular data service on your phone (Settings > Network > Verizon > Turn OFF Mobile Data).

The voicemail password thing never seems to work for the Z10 on Verizon, no idea why...

Verizon's carrier backup app SUCKS and is most likely the root to every single problem on the Verizon Z10s. And while we're at it, it's causing Global Warming too. I avoid that thing like the plague (the MyVerizon app is refreshingly useful and moderately well-functioning for carrier bloatware though).
    05-11-13 02:05 AM
    did any one noticed that the little monitor and PC is no longer available in the file manager, as have been there in 1627 and 1720 ??
    running a Z10 STL100-2 and OS***1762 right now.

well had two leaked updates installed one after another last night, starting from the very repayable 1627 since last week.
    yesterday managed to get the creepy PC BB-Link to work to get my backup done, so decided to give it a go with Hybrid-1720, after finishing and running it for about a few hours... well the newer full OS-1762 was out and to my surprise PC BB-Link was still working so I could give it another go to get the full leak up and running.

Anyway up to that stage I had this little monitor and local PC icon right under the local drive, SD card, BOX and Dropbox in the internal file-manager of the Z10... still unable to connect for file access so next to the little monitor the name of my PC and the "(offline)" notification...
    Now this was under 1627 and 1727 !!!
    but now under OS 1762 this is gone !!!
    funnily if I go in to the "settings / BlackBerry Link (ON)" and look under "paired Computers" IT's there, the little monitor and the name of my PC which should be accessible but it is NOT in the file manager !!
    in this case I'm unable to do any file access to my local PC over WiFi.
    WiFi sharing is "ON" in PC BB-Link but the local PC is not listed in "settings/media sharing/devices/devices for sharing media" the PC do is not recognised in the list for "share with network devices" all sharing for music/pictures/video is ON.

May some one can give me some advice how to get the file access working please..

another thing I noticed in the morning, was that I could open the HUB and see some new emails came in over night... but it was the 1st time ever in all leaks that the list of emails was frozen, I was unable to open any email by taping on them, however I can do so as usual after a manual reboot.

So my conclusion is that this leak or Beta-OS10.1.0.1762 still has some big bugs hidden in it.
    05-11-13 02:05 AM
    did any one noticed that the little monitor and PC is no longer available in the file manager, as have been there in 1627 and 1720 ??
    running a Z10 STL100-2 and OS***1762 right now.

well had two leaked updates installed one after another last night, starting from the very repayable 1627 since last week.
    yesterday managed to get the creepy PC BB-Link to work to get my backup done, so decided to give it a go with Hybrid-1720, after finishing and running it for about a few hours... well the newer full OS-1762 was out and to my surprise PC BB-Link was still working so I could give it another go to get the full leak up and running.

Anyway up to that stage I had this little monitor and local PC icon right under the local drive, SD card, BOX and Dropbox in the internal file-manager of the Z10... still unable to connect for file access so next to the little monitor the name of my PC and the "(offline)" notification...
    Now this was under 1627 and 1727 !!!
    but now under OS 1762 this is gone !!!
    funnily if I go in to the "settings / BlackBerry Link (ON)" and look under "paired Computers" IT's there, the little monitor and the name of my PC which should be accessible but it is NOT in the file manager !!
    in this case I'm unable to do any file access to my local PC over WiFi.
    WiFi sharing is "ON" in PC BB-Link but the local PC is not listed in "settings/media sharing/devices/devices for sharing media" the PC do is not recognised in the list for "share with network devices" all sharing for music/pictures/video is ON.

May some one can give me some advice how to get the file access working please..

another thing I noticed in the morning, was that I could open the HUB and see some new emails came in over night... but it was the 1st time ever in all leaks that the list of emails was frozen, I was unable to open any email by taping on them, however I can do so as usual after a manual reboot.

So my conclusion is that this leak or Beta-OS10.1.0.1762 still has some big bugs hidden in it.
    Delete the pairing,reboot phone, uninstall and reinstall BlackBerry Link finish the setup, I had this problem recently because of an error made by me lol

Flicked From CB10 On My Z10
    05-11-13 02:32 AM
    Didnt had any problems like that, the little pc is there when I open file manager, did you after you installed the leak also loaded up a backup? For me btw so far this is the best leak

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:45 AM
    After upgrading stl-1 i lost all my reminder on my calender,anyone have the same problem?
    05-11-13 03:02 AM
    even after a reboot?
    Hi,
    rebooted device after 13 hours payment option unable to connect, before reboot time zone was Brussels, Paris (+1),
    in system settings,about,hardware,Boot Time, No information available.
    If I set time zone London GMT and reboot, Boot Time is showed.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-11-13 03:18 AM
    Didnt had any problems like that, the little pc is there when I open file manager, did you after you installed the leak also loaded up a backup? For me btw so far this is the best leak

Posted via CB10
    yes did the backup/restore from 1720 to 1762.
    05-11-13 03:20 AM
1,038 ... 1819202122 ...