rebooted, tried recycle bin...also tried some recovery data SW and nothing...the pdf files are corrupted...

but i get the message of a blitz file generated....where might that be? Leak Shrink - for shrinking Blitz files/bar folders prior to updating-message.jpg
    01-29-15 07:39 AM
    Chrome is giving me a false positive for maliciousness. Maybe zip the file.
    Edit: it appears I should do the same.

That absolutely should not have happened. There is nothing at all on your desktop?
    Try checking the recycle bin and doing a reboot. If neither of those help, there's nothing I can think of that would restore what you have on your desktop.
    Hate to say it, but there is a bug in your batch files that may have deleted this poor guy's entire desktop folder. Doesn't appear to be a problem if running from the exe though.

Let's take a look at the batch file - using quickshrink

@echo off
    color 0A
    set origdir=%CD%
    - ok, so we have origdir set to "C:\users\username\desktop" assuming we ran it from the desktop - or whatever other directory is used.
    for /R ./ %%f in (*blitz*) do (
    set "blitzname=%%~nf"
    )
    - hmm, no file found matching this criteria, blitzname = empty

blah blah blah do other stuff...

RMDIR /s /q "%origdir%\%blitzname%" > nul

ok, let's combine desktop and empty = delete the entire desktop without prompting. oops.

So some sanity checking in the batch files might be an idea.

Edited: Running from EXE may not have that effect, but from batch file does.
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 01-29-15 at 12:57 PM.
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-29-15 12:43 PM
    Hate to say it, but there is a bug in your batch files that may have deleted this poor guy's entire desktop folder. Doesn't appear to be a problem if running from the exe though.

Let's take a look at the batch file - using quickshrink

@echo off
    color 0A
    set origdir=%CD%
    - ok, so we have origdir set to "C:\users\username\desktop" assuming we ran it from the desktop - or whatever other directory is used.
    for /R ./ %%f in (*blitz*) do (
    set "blitzname=%%~nf"
    )
    - hmm, no file found matching this criteria, blitzname = empty

blah blah blah do other stuff...

RMDIR /s /q "%origdir%\%blitzname%" > nul

ok, let's combine desktop and empty = delete the entire desktop without prompting. oops.

So some sanity checking in the batch files might be an idea.

Edited: Running from EXE may not have that effect, but from batch file does.
    Ah crap, you're absolutely right. I'll fix that when I get off vacation.

Although when I looked at the bars in the latest blitz file it looks like Sachesi and/or your DBBT tool might now extract bars without including the sys.data.imf portion of extracted language files, which as you know completely eliminates the core functionality of this script. Given that, is there any reason for me to bother fixing it?
    01-29-15 01:42 PM
    Ah crap, you're absolutely right. I'll fix that when I get off vacation.

Although when I looked at the bars in the latest blitz file it looks like Sachesi and/or your DBBT tool might now extract bars without including the sys.data.imf portion of extracted language files, which as you know completely eliminates the core functionality of this script. Given that, is there any reason for me to bother fixing it?
    I haven't changed how I name files because I get that right from the manifest, but when you download the files from the server directly the file names are shorter because they're stored in directories that match the naming we've been using. If the blitz was created by extracting all the apps from the debrick then that naming would apply.

(shortened)
    sys.data.imf.fr_FR/10.3.1.127/fr_FR-10.3.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

so the filename would be fr_FR-10.3.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-29-15 01:50 PM
    I haven't changed how I name files because I get that right from the manifest, but when you download the files from the server directly the file names are shorter because they're stored in directories that match the naming we've been using. If the blitz was created by extracting all the apps from the debrick then that naming would apply.

(shortened)
    sys.data.imf.fr_FR/10.3.1.127/fr_FR-10.3.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

so the filename would be fr_FR-10.3.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar
    Oh, I didn't realize that.

Yeah, I know that your tool uses the manifest. I'll mess with the script tonight and compile it when I get to my hotel tonight to include a check for that folder before trying to delete it. Might just retire it after that too if the bars coming direct from the BlackBerry site don't include the needed language, and make a link for a DBBT settings file that does the same thing.
    01-29-15 01:59 PM
    I would just say if you're using the batch files just know what you're doing. .

Personally run your stuff in a regular new folder versus directly from.desktop. I went with extracting it firdt prior to doing bat file.

It works great.

Both bat and exe will give false positive on chrome. You'll have to manually go in and rename the file thereafter.

Other than that, good luck with the process. I only tweaked ops bat to work with the latest 2072 blitz file to extract all the erroneous language.

Works for me but who knows.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:27 PM
31 12