Not in any specific order. Just documenting them as I encounter them.

* deleting emails should be a single tap
    * long tapping an email should automatically take me to multi select mode, not require yet another tap
    * inconsistent UI guidelines. Some buttons are at the bottom of the screen and some at the very top (title bar) - similar to iOS.
    * Google talk downloaded from BlackBerry World doesn't work? Notifications show up in the hub, but I can't open them or reply to them.
    * picking a tone from a folder (media browser# should preview the tone before selecting it.
    * UI elements should size themselves according to the system font size. Example - the vertical padding between items in the hub and the settings menu is inadequate for font sized greater than 8. This makes the UI very ugly and hard to read.

Second round (after a day's usage):

* BlackBerry Hub needs a much better thread/conversation view. Gmail has set a very high bar here and frankly the conversation view in the Hub seems amateurish.
    * Related to the conversation view -- show sent messages setting should NOT affect conversation view. It should always show sent messages in a conversation view, after all without you saying something it becomes more of a monologue than a conversation.
    * managing multiple emails is a pain. Long tapping should automatically take me to multi-select mode. Better yet, tapping on the icon could also do that (like the new Gmail apps)
    * more obvious way to make the keyboard disappear
    * swipe-up in landscape mode is just stupid. I think the product manager did not use it himself which is why he/she expects us to swipe up with surgical precision.
    * swipe up doesn't work when the keyboard is visible. IMO. *nothing* should ever be able to block the swipe+up gesture because that's the only way to close an app.
    * Google talk integration with hub is buggy.
    * Google talk app -- cannot search a contact! Seriously?

Third round:

* browser should reflow the text based on zoom level to prevent horizontal scrolling and improve readability. Eg opera mini
    * swipe up to unlock needs to be less anal about the distance one needs to swipe. Don't know how many times the unlock has been aborted because of this.

More to follow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Saurabh Nanda; 08-28-14 at 11:33 AM.
    08-27-14 12:03 PM
    Swipe up does work when the keyboard is displayed. This was hard for me to get used to doing when I started using BlackBerry 10. Bring your finger to the top of the keyboard while swiping up, and hold it until the window is in the center of the screen

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:30 AM
    Deleting an email is a single tap (you need to find the correct setting).

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 09:35 AM
    Can you expand on the landscape swipe bit? I'm not sure I understand your concern.

...Though I can guarantee you the product manager definitely used this feature (a lot).

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:13 AM
    Deleting an email is a single tap (you need to find the correct setting).

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1052
    Are you referring to the 'delete from server and handheld' setting? I've already set it up. I'm referring to deleting an email in one tap from the list view. As well as the details view (the delete action is hidden inside the three dot menu)

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:13 AM
    Are you referring to the 'delete from server and handheld' setting? I've already set it up. I'm referring to deleting an email in one tap from the list view. As well as the details view (the delete action is hidden inside the three dot menu)

Posted via CB10

Laundry list of UI/usability issued from a first time BlackBerry OS10 user-28-august-2014-183205-sast.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:32 AM