Can someone confirm if the latest update .2.2836 is pausing the software in the background when using resource intense apps? For eg. in .2.2474 when I used youtube in the browser, in the desktop mode, it didn't pause the applications in the background which the .2.2836 does? It seems the latest .2.2836 is doing it Android style... and it didn't show me any warnings about low system resources, low memory or anything like that....
    03-05-16 03:55 AM
    In whatsapp latest version i've noted that my q5 need open whatsapp to continue working with the desktop version

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 06:14 AM
    if the updates pushed lately will make BBX behave in the Android way I am out..Would really want to know if someone experienced the applications in the active frames frozen while using an intense memory application.
    In 10.3.2.2474 I got an low memory warning but this after opening maps, browser around 6 memory intense applications. So far 10.3.2.2474 was so much better and am so sorry for sending back the phone with it
    03-05-16 05:43 PM
    You don't normally get warnings, it just kills stuff, they probably changed a memory threshold or something.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    03-05-16 06:02 PM
    Is the "Run When Minimized" permission enabled through the Application Permission screen for these apps?

I'm not able to replicate the browser problem but overall if you're running a lot of apps or browser tabs it's possible older apps/tabs could close or reload when you try to access them again (simply due to running out of memory).
    03-05-16 06:08 PM
    Is the "Run When Minimized" permission enabled through the Application Permission screen for these apps?

I'm not able to replicate the browser problem but overall if you're running a lot of apps or browser tabs it's possible older apps/tabs could close or reload when you try to access them again (simply due to running out of memory).
    yes it is.
    it could be quite simple. all you need to do is go the browser settings and enable the desktop mode. Reload youtube.
    open a few intensive memory good and vrified programmed software eg. linkedin, twitter official client, maps, BBM and Accuweather. so there are 6, browser included. by now youtube should see you as a desktop client, load a video of your choice, not above 720 or 1080p, make it full screen, hard but you could zoom in the website for the full screen square option to be able to touch it and go full screen in the browser. watch a few minutes. minimize browser in the active frames. If you switch to BBM you should see the system reloading the Ui for BBM and this is exactly what Android does and BBX didn't. It didn't do this in 10.3.2.2474. I managed only once or twice to get the low memory close some apps warning and this was while really pushing it. but it never closed any apps on me and did a great job at memory management and task prioritization.
    03-05-16 06:59 PM
    You don't normally get warnings, it just kills stuff, they probably changed a memory threshold or something.

Posted via CB10
    I suspect the same. if that's what their updates consists of am out.
    normally I received warnings on mine when pushing it. besides the software in the previous post, Also had 5 or 6 tabs opened in the browser.

Sent from probably the best mobile operating system in the world Blackberry 10
    03-05-16 07:36 PM
    yes it is.
    it could be quite simple. all you need to do is go the browser settings and enable the desktop mode. Reload youtube.
    open a few intensive memory good and vrified programmed software eg. linkedin, twitter official client, maps, BBM and Accuweather. so there are 6, browser included. by now youtube should see you as a desktop client, load a video of your choice, not above 720 or 1080p, make it full screen, hard but you could zoom in the website for the full screen square option to be able to touch it and go full screen in the browser. watch a few minutes. minimize browser in the active frames. If you switch to BBM you should see the system reloading the Ui for BBM and this is exactly what Android does and BBX didn't. It didn't do this in 10.3.2.2474. I managed only once or twice to get the low memory close some apps warning and this was while really pushing it. but it never closed any apps on me and did a great job at memory management and task prioritization.
    When this happens does the active frame show a faded version of the app icon? That means it was closed by the OS when you were low on memory, I believe this is how its always worked with BB10. How much free memory does your device usually show on Device Monitor?

Performance, battery life, etc could vary across OS versions but I doubt they would intentionally change how apps function in the OS without announcing it (especially to developers).
    03-05-16 08:39 PM
    When this happens does the active frame show a faded version of the app icon? That means it was closed by the OS when you were low on memory, I believe this is how its always worked with BB10. How much free memory does your device usually show on Device Monitor?

Performance, battery life, etc could vary across OS versions but I doubt they would intentionally change how apps function in the OS without announcing it (especially to developers).
    Do you believe that I know the way the frame looks like when the OS closes some of the active frame? I questioning if it is someone who noticed a change in the way the system is handling the memory since the update to 2.2836, especially compared to .2.2474. I hope they are not trying to push us forcefully to the new software.
    03-07-16 11:44 AM
    Do you believe that I know the way the frame looks like when the OS closes some of the active frame? I questioning if it is someone who noticed a change in the way the system is handling the memory since the update to 2.2836, especially compared to .2.2474. I hope they are not trying to push us forcefully to the new software.
    If the app closes without an active frame (even a faded one) something else could be the problem. There could be minor variations in performance across updates (and they're usually mentioned by users in update threads) but I highly doubt they would intentionally change the way apps work in the OS without announcing it (and as mentioned previously, I haven't noticed any changes). You can try to make the best of it by restarting your device around once a week and reducing the number of apps that run in the background.
    03-07-16 02:35 PM
    If the app closes without an active frame (even a faded one) something else could be the problem. There could be minor variations in performance across updates (and they're usually mentioned by users in update threads) but I highly doubt they would intentionally change the way apps work in the OS without announcing it (and as mentioned previously, I haven't noticed any changes). You can try to make the best of it by restarting your device around once a week and reducing the number of apps that run in the background.
    After last night's testings Webkit on BB10 does what knows best on MacOSX too, being a memory hog. Safari the memory hog - CNET!
    03-07-16 04:18 PM
    BB10 has always paused Android apps in the background. It's frustrating - loading up something like Flipboard and CBC news. The apps are slow to load content and it can't be done in the background while looking at something else.
    03-07-16 04:32 PM
    BB10 has always paused Android apps in the background. It's frustrating - loading up something like Flipboard and CBC news. The apps are slow to load content and it can't be done in the background while looking at something else.
    From my experience when issues with software on BB10 it could be a few reasons...
    1 Android RT takes a lot of memory and it is not BB10 to blame ...but the JAVA programmed software on Android unless coded in Go language. According to them too.. Martin Zimmerman "There were implementations of the BlackBerry JVM running on PlayBook, and later on BB10. At least two separate teams had this working. The memory requirements (as mentioned previously) were significant. The same was true about the Android runtime" - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black...jung-myeng-lee

2 Bad code in native BB10 apps - it's been documented, using BB's WebWorks or its derivate frameworks Apache Cordova, Sencha designed apps, you name it, they are all summoning WebWorks. WebWorks causes memory issues ...Even Blackberry coded apps have bad code sometimes. eg. BlackBerry Travel for BlackBerry 10.
    One incredibly good coded application is BBM. I don't get how such a complex application with so many things going on and with such a good voice connection over WI Fi is so low on resources, RAM or CPU.
    03-07-16 05:18 PM
    .2876 here, both desktop or mobile youtube sites continue to play (the sound at least) when minimized using built in browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 05:54 PM
    I use an Android messaging app and when it is downloading a new message or a new photo, sometimes I get the "spinny circle" thing.

When I do, my impatient self takes over, minimizes it, and goes to some other app.

Later, when I go back to that app, the message or photo is always done downloading so I do believe that it is indeed running while minimized.

My z30 is on OS 10.3.2.2639.
    03-08-16 11:35 AM