Guys, my wife is on a Z30 with latest 10.3.1 leak, she never uses the native facebook seems it's inadequate (wouldn't know never used facebook)
    We installed the snap version, and when it's run it gives (this version of android is no longer supported please upgrade your device)

I find that weird, since BlackBerry is running 4.3 which is pretty up to date Vs all those other androids in the market, so did facebook block BlackBerry android version, did snap download the wrong version?

Any ideas?

Also would anyone be nice enough to upload a working APK plz!!

Passport Powered
    02-01-15 12:19 PM
    Interesting. I haven't upgraded the android app in a while, and it had been working fine on my Passport for months,.. but I just tried to open it (without any updating), and also got the same error message.

Attachment 331181

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:22 PM
    I dont use facebook android, but you can find older versions here
    http://www.androiddrawer.com
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    02-01-15 12:30 PM
    It's being blocked because of chens statement.... lol. See, Chen was right..... conspiracy.......

Posted via CB10
    kenicolo likes this.
    02-01-15 12:46 PM
    I don't know about Facebook for Android, but I noticed the latest Android version of Facebook Messenger (19.0.0.19.42) from Snap doesn't work on BB 10.3.0.1424.
    02-01-15 12:48 PM
    Try the new Facebook app called Facebook Lite

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:54 PM
    So u guys think it's blocked or older versions work?
    I'll download and check

Passport Powered
    02-01-15 12:55 PM
    Older versions work, just newest doesn't

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:47 PM
    Cool, cuz I just tried the one before last and it didn't, which version are u on?

Passport Powered
    02-01-15 11:51 PM
    com.facebook.katana-24.0.0.30.15-5955479-minAPI9
    Just copy and paste it in Google search and you will find it

Posted via CB10
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    02-02-15 01:06 AM
    This is happening with more and more Apps. None of my Angry Birds games from Snap work anymore, nor does Messenger. Why?
    02-02-15 05:39 AM
    It's possible, I suppose, that Google is quietly putting the squeeze on. We know that the BB10 Android runtime identifies itself by device, so it's recorded at the Google play end as a Z10, Passport, or whatever, not just by Android version number. We know this because you can see them listed in Google Play, under "My Devices." It's therefore possible that they've added an exclusion to Google Play Services, so that "this version of Android" refers to any BB10 hardware with an Android runtime. It's not believable that the actual latest release of Facebook doesn't run on regular Android devices on 4.3. In fact, I can state for with certainty that it does run on them. I have an S3 with Android 4.3 on it, and it runs the newest Facebook update with no problem.

This would be an easy way for Google to shut down Snap, without making a big commotion about it. It's not as thought anyone can go any complain to them about it. But if this were so, I'd expect any app with Google Play services to be giving the same error. Maybe it only shows up as apps are updated. It'll be interesting to watch. My Wells Fargo app uses Google Play services (I just click past the notification) but it works okay (probably except for branch locator, which I don't use). If my theory is right, when it's updated it won't work anymore.
    02-02-15 07:28 AM
    As of this morning all the facebook apps are but gone,

Facebook itself went last week and has had 2 different versions, but neither will work.

Messenger went mid week last week, and this morning pages manager is also the same.

Will not work with this version of your OS message.

They need to get it sorted. until then, I also have been using an older version
    02-02-15 07:37 AM
    They need to get it sorted. until then, I also have been using an older version
    Who needs to get it sorted? FB and Messenger are working on my S3, so Android 4.3 isn't the problem.
    02-02-15 07:42 AM
    What's wrong with Facebook from BlackBerry. I happen to like it better. It's clean, no ads, and does everything that needs to get done

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:26 AM
    What's wrong with Facebook from BlackBerry. I happen to like it better. It's clean, no ads, and does everything that needs to get done

Posted via CB10
    I use it too, although it still has some bugs. For example, it shows one friend of mine having exactly 4 friends. The web app/Android app shows that same friend having 16 friends. I have no idea why. Anyway, the point here isn't too argue that the BB10 app is better or worse; some people prefer the Android app, for various reasons. That app, along with Messenger and some other apps, have recently been updated, and since the update they are generating error messages on BB10. That's the real issue. Facebook may just be the tip of the iceberg. It's too early to say for sure.
    02-02-15 08:39 AM
    Who needs to get it sorted? FB and Messenger are working on my S3, so Android 4.3 isn't the problem.
    Since FB & Messenger are both working on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) and that we know the latest BlackBerry OS Leaks are running (Android 4.3) as well but in return they get a error along the lines of (this version of android is no longer supported please upgrade your device) then it means (not 100% fact but could be 100% true) the BlackBerry Android Runtime/BlackBerry Devices have been blacklisted/blocked.

And i'm pretty sure he meant that BlackBerry needs to get it sorted.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    02-02-15 09:01 AM
    I dont use facebook android, but you can find older versions here
    http://www.androiddrawer.com
    Never knew about this site, thanks so much!!

Posted via CB10
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    02-02-15 09:34 AM
    I use it too, although it still has some bugs. For example, it shows one friend of mine having exactly 4 friends. The web app/Android app shows that same friend having 16 friends. I have no idea why. Anyway, the point here isn't too argue that the BB10 app is better or worse; some people prefer the Android app, for various reasons. That app, along with Messenger and some other apps, have recently been updated, and since the update they are generating error messages on BB10. That's the real issue. Facebook may just be the tip of the iceberg. It's too early to say for sure.
    It likely is the tip of the iceberg. My guess is the most popular/heavily used apps will be first then it'll trickle down to everything else.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 09:41 AM
    This is ******* bull****. Android is supposed to be open source.

**** you Google. **** your ******* mum. This has made me really angry.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo, tryfe and hsev237 like this.
    02-02-15 02:39 PM
    This is ******* bull****. Android is supposed to be open source.
    It is, but apps and Google Play Services aren't.

If this is what it looks like, it could be a response to Microsoft's recent interest in CM.

But first, someone else should confirm that the new Facebook does run on Android 4.3 on an official OHA Android device. If so, then we know Google is starting to block other access to Play apps.
    02-02-15 08:02 PM
    Not Google has blocked you but Facebook..

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 10:14 PM
    Angry Birds is also toast every single one of them that been updated since December on Snap. I wouldn't care if the BB ones were as current as the Snap ones, but they aren't.
    02-02-15 11:40 PM
    Hard reset as advised above and Facebook worked once then stopped working. Another hard reset and it won't work anymore. Angry birds all down. Google Maps has stayed working the entire time though.
    02-04-15 01:30 PM
    This is why native app developement must go on. Use as many native apps as possible and even if you use the android variant, keep the native one in your device to show support.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 and KorChi_JapThai like this.
    02-04-15 03:02 PM
35 12