Today I sold last blackberry from my shop.
    It was BlackBerry Z30, black.
    Some guy walk in, asking for anything but android. He was using Galaxy S6 edge, really nice phone indeed. He got sick of it because of constant memory hog (3gb of ram available), add spams and Gmail mail format and late notifications.
    I showed him iPhone 6s, he screamed literally that he don't want apple shaitphone. In southern Europe, iPhone is really just status symbol, only ones with deep pocket can afford it. And this guy has money, trust me, but he doesn't want to be one of many.
    So I give him Lumia 950 and bb Z30.

The look on his face when he saw Z30....
    -What is this?
    -It's BlackBerry, sir.
    -That can't be, BlackBerry only makes ones with those tiny buttons and keys.
    -Yes, but this is one of those experiments that went great.
    -Um...i can't believe it. Tell me more....

After an hour and so (five more customers just left because they can't wait anymore) , and looking in this phone, I remembered that that look was exactly the same on my face when I first bought it.

-No buttons?! And how will I get back and home and into an applic.....ooooh! Ahahahahha, this is fantastic.
    -Stereo speakers? Come oooon, wtf?!

And so on...I entered his Gmail account details, and sent him some mails from my laptop:
    Instant notification!! That was crucial for his decision to buy it . Later I added him Play store and all those working versions of Viber, messenger etc, and he left without his old galaxy, I needed to chase him to give him back his phone. And after that, he stood about 15min in front of my store staring in his new phone

And now, I don't know should I order more or to really say goodbye to BlackBerry and 10 OS.

Point of the story : regular people don't even know what is blackberry...and that's the real reason of their 10 OS death.

Sorry for long post, I just needed to share first story from my shop in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Nikola Adzic; 01-07-17 at 12:10 PM.
    01-07-17 11:31 AM
    So it took an hour, one on one, to sell him on it? If only BlackBerry had known the secret.
    Robert Bitter and Vistaus like this.
    01-07-17 11:52 AM
    That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Where ar u from? I am also from eastern Europe.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 11:53 AM
    Such a wonderful story. Those little bits keep you from not ditching your beloved BlackBerry 10 devices. Thanks for sharing :-) Stories like this give me a sense of hope for living with my passport for the years to come!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 12:09 PM
    So it took an hour, one on one, to sell him on it? If only BlackBerry had known the secret.
    He was a plane paper and I just wrote 3 sentences, that's it

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 12:09 PM
    That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Where ar u from? I am also from eastern Europe.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, Southern Europe, from Serbia

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 12:10 PM
    Good story. Keep in mind though that Android apps can't do reliable notifications on BB10 unless the devs configure the app to use BlackBerry's push service, I'm not sure if this will be a problem for him.

https://developer.blackberry.com/and...roid_apps.html

If it's an issue you should install Hub+ Services on his S6 edge and add a Hub widget to the homescreen, that should solve some of his issues.
    01-07-17 12:55 PM
    Good story. Keep in mind though that Android apps can't do reliable notifications on BB10 unless the devs configure the app to use BlackBerry's push service, I'm not sure if this will be a problem for him.

https://developer.blackberry.com/and...roid_apps.html

If it's an issue you should install Hub+ Services on his S6 edge and add a Hub widget to the homescreen, that should solve some of his issues.
    Nope, on my HTC doesn't work properly, always delay and for me is not big deal but he works with Ali express and those big supply markets, and email is number one communication, not the app or Web. His words

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:03 PM
    Nope, on my HTC doesn't work properly, always delay and for me is not big deal but he works with Ali express and those big supply markets, and email is number one communication, not the app or Web. His words

Posted via CB10
    Do you have Push support enabled for your email accounts or is it manually syncing on an interval?
    01-07-17 01:11 PM
    Do you have Push support enabled for your email accounts or is it manually syncing on an interval?
    Push notification, but with Google OS or iOS, there is constant sync with calendar and contacts, and sometimes stuck on one of those for a while, for example if you leave WiFi area while syncing, on mobile data there will be delay. On Bb10 os, no no

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:20 PM
    Just leave bb10 behind. Or leave it for yourself and a few geaks.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:34 PM
    Thanks very much for this story.

Marketing is very powerful and also mouth to mouth sayings. If you search a little our serbian forums and technical sites (I can bet you know all of them and for sure you have visited them very often), you will realize that very few dedicated loyal lovers of blackberry will speak still that BB10 OS is something wonderful. Most of the people just follow common words and sayings and don't think with their own heads. For them, only what is usual and "what others are using, I will use", and is "popular", is the measurement how they choose the new phone.

For blackberry user I think, man need to be little more informed, and man which think little wider and also much more technical fan.

Those are maybe the reasons why BB10 OS are using 2-3 percent of our people.

What can you tell to someone who is only interested in bigger screen, "better" camera, lol, known brand, and who only use his phone for facebook and whatsapp, and maybe instagram? LOOOL. ๐Ÿ˜„

Also, you are maybe the rare man who can help someone in our shops. Mostly there are working good looking girls, which don't know to answer on a basic questions about the phones. And the owners are depending that such girls will promote the brands. Again, lol. ๐Ÿ˜„

It's a very hard question if you should invest in other BB10 OS phones. But if I would be in the phone shop I would for sure invest in DTEK's and future Mercury. And let it be. Who knows what brings the day and what the night. Maybe when will be an old men, BB11 OS would be the reality, when the owners of google retired ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    rolfep likes this.
    01-07-17 06:54 PM
    Honestly everybody who I show my Passport has the same reaction: "Are they still making BlackBerries?" and I yet I always give the same answer: "Yes, look at this"

And next to that follows the whole thing about the hub, the gestures and so on, people in the end love the phone.. but then I say something about apps and how we don't have many and that scares them off lol.

Point of the story? Regular people can't live without Snapchat and crap

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-07-17 07:14 PM
    For basic communication (call/sms/email/bbm), BlackBerry legacy devices (BBOS/BB10) should suffice.
    01-07-17 07:49 PM
    Honestly everybody who I show my Passport has the same reaction: "Are they still making BlackBerries?" and I yet I always give the same answer: "Yes, look at this"

And next to that follows the whole thing about the hub, the gestures and so on, people in the end love the phone.. but then I say something about apps and how we don't have many and that scares them off lol.

Point of the story? Regular people can't live without Snapchat and crap

Posted via CB10
    I had 6 Passports last year, their were gonna in 2hours. I've just took out huge poster in front of my shop, just picture of it and not a single specs, they were gonna before I even unboxed them for testing purposes. Why? Only cause it was different.

Later on i did not order any of them, it's just to expensive, I can't make any money of them, they cost an average monthly paycheck in my country, yeees, 450e is our average paycheck

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 07:58 PM
    Thanks for the post! Great story.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    01-07-17 08:05 PM
    It's a very hard question if you should invest in other BB10 OS phones. But if I would be in the phone shop I would for sure invest in DTEK's and future Mercury. And let it be. Who knows what brings the day and what the night. Maybe when will be an old men, BB11 OS would be the reality, when the owners of google retired ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„[/QUOTE]

I have one girl in my shop, I must say, with huge...eyes ;-) she didn't sell any of lumias or bbs nor any of Chinese phones whatsoever. Never.
    What she sells is Samsung. Android, cheap parts, huge selection of silicon cases, bumpers, glasses, etc. You know what is the best part? She or any of the customers (not all), that buys those devices doesn't not even version of Android or any of the specs, just this:
    -it has all apps, Viber, oh yes, Instagram, well daaaah
    -its android
    -it have huuuuge 13mpx camera (yes, regular folks still thinks that size of mpx matters), and it's just some cheap Sony camera
    -YES, it has front camera for selfies (Samsung j5 is most selling devices ever in southern Europe just because front flash!!!)

I make money, all good, it's business, and I'm not Jesus of blackberry...

And for Dteks...no...i rather sell some Alcatel of Huawei device that I know their good and install blackberry services in their phones.
    It's not blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 08:10 PM