Sirius27, you're made my day with such a great news! I'm even ready to join into your betatesting squad! =)
    As far as I can see from those screens - UI design is ok, and the colors ... well, I'm always voting for a dark theme anyway!

The screenshots are in a bright theme, you should be able to use the dark theme too
    03-10-15 06:38 PM
    Miotra , gisorax , N O i R ; Everything seems to be ready! Can you guys send in your email addresses, so that I can add you to the beta test mailing list (Or reach me at scroBBleBack at gmail )?

N O i R, Here are some screenshots with the dark theme

Last.fm Scrobbler?-img_00000467.png

Last.fm Scrobbler?-img_00000460.png

Last.fm Scrobbler?-img_00000471.png

Last.fm Scrobbler?-img_00000479.png

Last.fm Scrobbler?-img_00000474.png
    N O i R likes this.
    03-11-15 06:23 PM
    Sirius27, screens are beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Miotra; 09-27-22 at 01:40 PM.
    03-12-15 03:07 AM
    sirius27, just awesome! They're start to shine even better ... as soon as they came to the dark side!

P.S. Check your gmail inbox
    sirius27 likes this.
    03-12-15 02:28 PM
    Sirius27, screens are beautiful! Sure, mine is artimone..gmail

Posted via CB10
    . You should get a notification soon.
    03-12-15 03:37 PM
    sirius27, just awesome! They're start to shine even better ... as soon as they came to the dark side!

P.S. Check your gmail inbox
    03-12-15 03:38 PM
    Hi royabsa !

Yes this is still an on-going project! Two Beta tests are now complete and the first version should roll out in BB World this week
    Will mail you with more details
    03-28-15 10:15 PM
    I will beta test! I have 10.2, Q10 Tmobile, running bundled music app. QueenCanadia at Gmail dot com!

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 likes this.
    03-30-15 04:45 PM
    Hi qc424 !

I have 10.2, Q10 Tmobile, running bundled music app.
    sounds good !

Will add you to the mailing list and drop in some details on gmail
    04-04-15 08:05 AM
    Never been impatient about an appp before!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    themattroberts likes this.
    04-07-15 01:09 AM
    Never been impatient about an appp before!!!!!
    Sorry for the wait royabsa. You can now download scroBBle on BBWorld !!

Happy scroBBling
    Vuneu likes this.
    04-09-15 02:16 PM
    Just installed this! It's extremely smooth and well. However one thing to note is that the main page on the BlackBerry Passport PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 does not blend right, the cover art of the current playing song shifts to the left.

Congrats on the app Sirius! Maybe you should open a main thread?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:01 PM
    Hi royabsa,

Check your inbox
    04-09-15 09:22 PM
    That's cool. I just use Spotify apk nowadays which has it built in. (may need last.fm app installed)

P.S. Love the name

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-15 02:43 AM
    Bad support for BlackBerry Passport -> cover albums doesn't show in fullscren
    04-12-15 03:12 AM
    Bad support for BlackBerry Passport -> cover albums doesn't show in fullscren
    yea, sorry about that. royabsa did point that out. Did not have a BlackBerry Passport for the Beta tests .
    Anyway, this should be fixed by tonight
    04-12-15 04:33 AM
    That's cool. I just use Spotify apk nowadays which has it built in. (may need last.fm app installed)
    Spotify is cool. I sometimes travel around a bit, and Spotify is not available everywhere

P.S. Love the name
    04-12-15 04:36 AM
    Thanks for making/releasing an app for this! I want to give it a try soon, but I was wondering how the authentication is handled? Is it handed off to Last.fm through OAUTH or does the app store the user/pass itself?
    04-24-15 04:16 PM
    Thanks for making/releasing an app for this! I want to give it a try soon, but I was wondering how the authentication is handled? Is it handed off to Last.fm through OAUTH or does the app store the user/pass itself?
    Yes, it does use a method very similar to OAuth. The credentials are encrypted and handed off to last.fm, which sends a session (token) key in response. scroBBle only needs to save this token and not the actual credentials.

The same token key is used to keep you signed in to last.fm. When you log out, the token key is destroyed.
    04-25-15 02:17 AM
    Yes, it does use a method very similar to OAuth. The credentials are encrypted and handed off to last.fm, which sends a session (token) key in response. scroBBle only needs to save this token and not the actual credentials.

The same token key is used to keep you signed in to last.fm. When you log out, the token key is destroyed.
    Thanks for the explanation. But I guess since it's "similar" to OAuth, the app itself is still dealing with the plaintext username and password before encrypting it for transportation, right?

It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I don't trust anyone but the original service.
    05-01-15 10:00 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. But I guess since it's "similar" to OAuth, the app itself is still dealing with the plaintext username and password before encrypting it for transportation, right?

It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I don't trust anyone but the original service.
    Well that is the way last.fm likes to keep it. Check out their mobile auth method.

I understand your concern, but don't worry I plan on making scroBBle open source. So you should be able to check the way scroBBle handles passwords on my git
    xtremesniper likes this.
    05-01-15 11:49 AM
    Well that is the way last.fm likes to keep it. Check out their mobile auth method.

I understand your concern, but don't worry I plan on making scroBBle open source. So you should be able to check the way scroBBle handles passwords on my git
    Fair enough. I did a bit of digging in their api docs and found this: Authentication: Mobile Application How-To ? Last.fm. Seems to be fairly short-sighted on their part but I guess they don't have an incentive to change it.

Thanks for the explanation anyway, and I look forward to browsing through the code when you decide to open source it.
    05-03-15 09:19 PM
    Fair enough. I did a bit of digging in their api docs and found this: Authentication: Mobile Application How-To ? Last.fm. Seems to be fairly short-sighted on their part but I guess they don't have an incentive to change it.

Thanks for the explanation anyway, and I look forward to browsing through the code when you decide to open source it.
    What exploits do you see could be used with the methods for authentication provided by them?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:20 AM
    What exploits do you see could be used with the methods for authentication provided by them?

Posted via CB10
    If they don't use OAuth, then app makers (like sirius27) are forced to handle the username and password themselves, and pass it to the service to receive an authentication token. This is all fine and dandy unless it's a malicious app that also stores your user/pass and communicates it back home. I'm not saying that's what sirius27 would be doing, but it is for this reason that OAuth even exists in the first place. The username and password are communicated straight to the service directly, not via the app itself.
    sirius27 likes this.
    05-07-15 09:16 AM
    Do you have album tags from scrobble on your profiles? I don't have any albums from scrobble, only a few from scrobbler on PC/Spotify/Adroid scrobbler and player.
    09-12-15 05:22 PM
63 123