How much longer until the last popular App on BlackBerry World pulls the plug on BlackBerry 10, the waiting begins...

I know there's a couple of good and useful apps and third party developers on BB10 that gives you the best BlackBerry 10 experience for productivity ,but that's becoming irrelevant at this point.

I always find myself checking for App Updates on BlackBerry World and find zero to no updates available, and where talking about the so called best Apps on BB10. Like...

WorkWide
    BeWeatherPro
    DualSMS
    FastTube
    CascaRunPro
    RedditInMotion
    BatteryFictionPro
    StarTracker:*updated recently
    BBM:Wheres the video chat w/Android/IOS capabilities
    Face10:still waiting on the "BIG" update

And of course.... CrackBerry:Bug fixes,no added features to the UI

..just to name a few.

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-25-16 10:07 PM
    Didn't Twitter just announce an update to their character limits with regards to retweets, videos, etc? Does this require an app update? If so, I wonder if BB will update it?
    05-26-16 12:27 AM
    Even if Twitter goes it will no effect on device performance. The device will run normally. Being a loyal BlackBerry customer I am happy with device performance and BB10 offerings in the present circumstances.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    bbafdad and BB_PP like this.
    05-26-16 03:03 AM
    If you still use BlackBerry, it sure isn't for app support. As long as the browser works, and it can send emails, the device will always be useful to me.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-26-16 01:47 PM
    Twitter doesn't care much about how you access Twitter as they don't have a monetization strategy that requires you to use an updated app so I doubt there will be changes near term.
    05-26-16 01:54 PM
    Twitter was the Only app that ever worked proper for me on my Classic .
    05-26-16 04:35 PM
    Even if Twitter goes it will no effect on device performance. The device will run normally. Being a loyal BlackBerry customer I am happy with device performance and BB10 offerings in the present circumstances.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:17 PM
    If you still use BlackBerry, it sure isn't for app support. As long as the browser works, and it can send emails, the device will always be useful to me.

Posted via CB10
    ...and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:18 PM
    Wechat is still functioning, I'd give them some credit too, although they haven't updated in like years but at least they didn't pull the plug.
    05-26-16 09:43 PM
    Wechat is still functioning, I'd give them some credit too, although they haven't updated in like years but at least they didn't pull the plug.
    Not updating is essentially the same thing as pulling support. They just haven't removed it from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 11:49 PM
    It's not even fully functional. There's no Discover tab (for Trends and who to follow and the activity of your Following) and you can't edit your profile's header and profile picture successfully because the app doesn't generate a fixed ratio to use when cropping via BB10's editor. What a joke lol.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-27-16 10:43 AM
    The mobile Web version works just fine for me so they can take it if they like. There are so many notifications on twitter that I would never think of adding it to the HUB anyway. I am hoping our browser gets updated and more companies develop WebApps more and more that will be one development that works on all platforms so then there is no argument for not investing the time. Yes the HUB integration will be missed but perhaps for some a new email can solve this and offer a similar notification experience through the HUB.

Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 11:22 AM
    As long as the apps I use function and I can send and receive texts and emails and access the web through the browser, my Q10s will serve me well. Other cellular devices have served me well after they were out of production, I don't foresee any different scenario with my Blackberries well into the next decade or longer.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    05-28-16 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very true indeed.
    05-29-16 03:27 AM