Is anyone else having problems switching between service provider network to wifi? The phone sometimes takes well over 30 seconds to make the switch. On other smart phones with the same wifi and sp this was almost instantaneous. Thanks

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    06-27-13 03:44 PM
    Is anyone else having problems switching between service provider network to wifi? The phone sometimes takes well over 30 seconds to make the switch. On other smart phones with the same wifi and sp this was almost instantaneous. Thanks

Personally, no. It's pretty instant when I get home, often finding it outside before I cross the threshold.

Are you using the same hardware with previous phones and it's just your BB phone that lags? Hardware matters. Also, how many other devices (family members, etc) are competing with your wireless router?
    06-27-13 03:55 PM
    I have noticed that on my Z10. I sometimes turn off Wi-Fi when it's not providing signal because it seems like there is no hand-off between it and cellular data when one or the other is a no-go. That's just me being impatient though. It does do it eventually.
    06-27-13 04:02 PM
    I have noticed that on my Z10. I sometimes turn off Wi-Fi when it's not providing signal because it seems like there is no hand-off between it and cellular data when one or the other is a no-go. That's just me being impatient though.
    Could be the home router. Long before I had my Z10 I had issues with my Asus tablet not being recognized. In the end it was a router issue.
    06-27-13 04:04 PM
    Could be the home router. Long before I had my Z10 I had issues with my Asus tablet not being recognized. In the end it was a router issue.
    The Wi-Fi connection is fine at home, though we have been having issues with our ISP (hate Comcast) dropping connection when we're being bandwidth hogs. That's really when I notice the slow transition. The device should just pick up the cellular network right away, but it takes a little while before this happens. Most of the time I notice it when I'm trying to refresh the CB10 app, but it's not totally confined to that app (browser connection takes a while as well).

The same happens at work, and the setup there is totally different. Though the LTE signal is really good in the area, so I usually just leave Wi-Fi off so I don't have to deal with it.
    06-27-13 04:17 PM
    Thanks. I have a z10. I'm pretty sure it's not the hardware. Same hardware and conditions with previous two devices. The phone is trying to switch, it's searching. It's laggy. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue

06-27-13 05:59 PM