10-02-17 06:09 PM
343 12345 ...
tools
    I always keep my hub in the 'Text Messages' section before leaving it. But when I return maximum no. Of time the 'Hub' is selected instead of the 'Text Messages' section. Is that a problem with the OS and does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    Hub >> Settings >> Display and Actions >> turn off "Return to default view when idle"
    NecroSemen and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-23-15 04:36 PM
    Phone screen Favourites do not show contact name, only contact phone number and only in part as field is too small: field is intended for contact name clearly, but it will not show. Likewise known contact names are absent from call log.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:38 PM
    Known 10.3.1 bug for many versions, not just this one. Doesn't seem to pull the contact name until I take/hangup the call.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, this is the most basic stuff, after all it is a Phone isn't it?

Sometimes I think we all lose sight of the fact that the first thing a Phone should be able to do is perform well as a Phone, regardless of how smart it is?
    blackmoe, anon(8080272) and MB2 like this.
    02-23-15 05:56 PM

Sometimes I think we all lose sight of the fact that the first thing a Phone should be able to do is perform well as a Phone, regardless of how smart it is?
    It'll get solved one day when Chen's wife calls from an unrecognized number and Chen answers it not realizing he was ducking the wife. Substitute Chen for anyone else higher up that has the power to 'get things done'.

There is always bugs. But there should always be meetings in R&D/QA that list the worst bugs, determine if they are showstoppers, and assign severity and priorities to them. To me, this is a CRITICAL severity with URGENT priority. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "BLOCK" issue, but christs sake, it's been there for MONTHS. This should have been near the top of the list of priorities for 10.3.1 release.
    m3ach likes this.
    02-23-15 09:46 PM
    I also have the issue where the calendar does not sound alarms. Screen pops up to show the alarm, but no notification. All sounds are on and should work.
    coolhorn likes this.
    02-23-15 10:00 PM
    Have you found any solution yet? I have to Z10 from ATT, unlocked ones. I upgrade to 10.3.1 using sachets. So far. O.S has been great but one of the phones advance interaction is not working. Any idea yet?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:15 PM
    I got 10.3.1.1581 last weekend.
    some functions have disapeared.. I cannot replace the sounds for emails, text and such..only the phone ring is now available . the update kept the old sounds but just cannot customize them anymore..

unless someone found where the setting has been moved..
    02-24-15 10:12 AM
    I got 10.3.1.1581 last weekend.
    some functions have disapeared.. I cannot replace the sounds for emails, text and such..only the phone ring is now available . the update kept the old sounds but just cannot customize them anymore..

unless someone found where the setting has been moved..
    Settings > Notifications > Normal > Customize App Notifications

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    02-24-15 10:30 AM
    Anyone here with a solution to the Hotspot not working. Hotspot was working perfectly fine on my Z30 until I updated the OS from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1.
    Hotspot was never working on my passport on OS 10.3.0 and I read in one of the forums that it would start working with OS update to 10.3.1, but it was not to be. Now both my blackberries are without Hotspot which I'm desperately missing as I'm mostly travelling and connect my laptop with my BlackBerry for internet.
    Can anyone help me in getting the Hotspot to work.
    Thanks.

Passport SQW100-1; OS 10.3.1.1581
    02-24-15 10:43 AM
    Does anyone got an issue with the silence/mute function?
    When im at work, i got mib BB Z10 on "vibrate only" and on my 10.2.xx BB10 remember that i used "Vibrate only" last time, so when i use the swipe down feature and press the "mute" it automatic turned to Vibrate only..

Now with 10.3.1.1565 it no longer remember this, so i need to press the Mute icon, opens settings and the select vibrate only function.. this is need to do every time, now with 10.3.1.1565..

Anye one with the same issue?
    02-24-15 11:53 AM
    Does anyone got an issue with the silence/mute function?
    When im at work, i got mib BB Z10 on "vibrate only" and on my 10.2.xx BB10 remember that i used "Vibrate only" last time, so when i use the swipe down feature and press the "mute" it automatic turned to Vibrate only..

Now with 10.3.1.1565 it no longer remember this, so i need to press the Mute icon, opens settings and the select vibrate only function.. this is need to do every time, now with 10.3.1.1565..

Anye one with the same issue?
    Yes, same here. I wondered about that myself. I don't like the silent as default change at all. At least default to vibrate only. In 10.2 it did remember the last selection.

Edit: found the solution.

Open the notification as if you were to change it to vibrate. Then on the bottom press Quick Setting.
    Then put check on vibrate, then uncheck silent. Voila, just like before.
    Posted via CB10
    mighthor likes this.
    02-24-15 12:02 PM
    ralfyguy => Thank you

So many way of doing things...
    02-24-15 02:51 PM
    I'm having volume issues with my phone any one facing this same issue reply back

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:28 PM
    the keyboard feels heavier.
    Apparently your device acquired mass as it approached the speed of light. This happened to Einstein all the time, so he slowed down quite a bit. (That's why you won't see him around much any more.)
    sanjk1 and steakman911 like this.
    02-24-15 06:00 PM
    Z10 video doesn't seem to be seen but the audio is working fine
    02-24-15 09:33 PM
    Isn't "so much LAGG" counted as an issue for you ?
    02-25-15 05:39 AM

This.

And I found a new one today. Selected a contact - called a completely different person which I haven't spoken to for 1 week. I'm switching back to my N5 if this problem doesn't get fixed soon. I can't believe the most important part of the device is buggy.
    m3ach likes this.
    02-25-15 06:47 AM
    Evening all i have upgrade my z10 to 10.3.1.1565 os now my phone keeps changing from normal to do not disturb mode by it self how can i fix this please help im ready to smash this phone and it wont read memory card GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Z10
    STL100-1
    Vodacom SA
    02-25-15 11:56 AM
    I had the no notification in the calendar app I did a security wipe and everything is working good. I have not decided if I'm going to use link to restore. I'm probably going to treat it as a new phone as I have apps I never use. It will be a lot of work but my phone will be less cluttered so should stay more stable. Good Luck. This will probably work for all the bugs as there are a lot of users who have no issues so it is probably something to do with how our apps and settings were before upgrading. I hope this helps if you try it let us know if it is successful or not.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    mighthor likes this.
    02-25-15 12:33 PM
    I've got contact names back after fiddling with option buttons in Contacts settings and a couple reboots. Thanks to all those suggestions and tips.

OS 10.3.1.1565 on Q10 / Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:39 PM
    Updated, see OP.
    02-25-15 08:28 PM
    Not sure if others have noticed, but if you have visual voicemail set up, voicemails received do NOT play on the speaker (they show as playing on the screen but no sound comes out of the speaker); they can only be played on the earpiece. This is always the case regardless of whether you play the voicemail from the hub or from the phone app itself.

Q10 on Fido. 10.3.1.1581

Just loving my amazing Q10
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    02-25-15 09:34 PM
    My z30 randomly shuts down ....

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:42 PM
    Hotspot not working on z30 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:10 PM
    Issues that I've found:
    Calendar: when opening the Calendar app, as much as a 60 second lag time before appointments show.
    Today, I just got a spinning circle and the dates wouldn't show, which required closing the app and restarting it.
    Color coding to identify different types of calendars is not working. Ex. my appointments for estimate are showing up on the day of the event with a color that I designated for personal events. This is happening with appointments that are coming over from the sync with the computer.
    This is not an intermittent occurrence.
    In month view, the Calendar defaults to the most recent dates and doesn't show the full month.
    Calendar only syncs one direction from the computer to the phone. Information entered into the phone's calendar will not transfer to the computer during sync.
    When running any additional syncs to record a new entry for that date, previous data on the computer Calendar for that date is erased.
    In addition to color coding for dates being swapped, times are also changed during the sync.
    BlackBerry Blend stopped show new Calendar information from both the phone and the computer.
    Volume level is greatly decreased.
    Tap screen to silence the ringer no longer working.
    WiFi dropping. And I've read other posts from other users with the same problem.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-26-15 at 02:36 PM.
    02-25-15 10:50 PM
343 12345 ...