10-02-17 06:09 PM
343 ... 11121314
tools
    Anyone with hotspot issue? Is there any fix?
    04-02-15 02:03 PM
    So far, ive gone from a happy BB owner (switched from Apple a long time ago) to wondering how Im going to be able to afford another phone. Since 10.3 I have had problems, lots of problems. Here are the ones I know of:

Phone calls- Vibrates for 5 seconds or more after picking up call. Caller says they can her me cut in and out, I have the same experience on my end.
    Videos- Plays no longer than 2 seconds, does not matter the format, website...etc
    Music- Plays no longer than 2 seconds
    Alerts- sometimes get them, sometimes not. The calendar alarm was fixed in the 10.3.1.1779 version, but I still had all other issues listed in this post re sounds/vid playback.
    Notifications - places first two seconds, or no notification at all.
    Microphone/ Assist- sound cuts in and out, seems to not hear all that I am saying also.
    App Sounds- cut in and out.
    Keyboard sounds -(click click, silence silence silence silence, click click)
    Lagging. Typing, lags so long, the autocorrect doesnt correct.

All do not play for more than 2 seconds. I have not been able to resolve this issue through link or auto-downloaders. I am currently going to try going back to 10.2 as i am at a lost of what to do now.

Clock alarm and ring tone play unaffected/as normal. Camera, wifi, hub, most things work as normal.
    But I cannot even make an emergency call. I live in the mountains, this is not ideal.
    04-05-15 11:11 PM
    So far, ive gone from a happy BB owner (switched from Apple a long time ago) to wondering how Im going to be able to afford another phone. Since 10.3 I have had problems, lots of problems. Here are the ones I know of:

Phone calls- Vibrates for 5 seconds or more after picking up call. Caller says they can her me cut in and out, I have the same experience on my end.
    Videos- Plays no longer than 2 seconds, does not matter the format, website...etc
    Music- Plays no longer than 2 seconds
    Alerts- sometimes get them, sometimes not. The calendar alarm was fixed in the 10.3.1.1779 version, but I still had all other issues listed in this post re sounds/vid playback.
    Notifications - places first two seconds, or no notification at all.
    Microphone/ Assist- sound cuts in and out, seems to not hear all that I am saying also.
    App Sounds- cut in and out.
    Keyboard sounds -(click click, silence silence silence silence, click click)
    Lagging. Typing, lags so long, the autocorrect doesnt correct.

All do not play for more than 2 seconds. I have not been able to resolve this issue through link or auto-downloaders. I am currently going to try going back to 10.2 as i am at a lost of what to do now.

Clock alarm and ring tone play unaffected/as normal. Camera, wifi, hub, most things work as normal.
    But I cannot even make an emergency call. I live in the mountains, this is not ideal.
    It's out of warranty?
    04-06-15 02:59 AM
    I have this problem on my Q5

Known issues with BlackBerry 10.3.1 update-img_20150407_164922.png

The phone its completely empty, no photos, no music, no apps

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:58 PM
    I have this problem on my Q5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150407_164922.png 
Views:	930 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	346300

The phone its completely empty, no photos, no music, no apps

Posted via CB10
    It's a bug... you have to update through BlackBerry Link..

Posted via My Z10 - STL100-1
    04-08-15 12:09 AM
    It's out of warranty?
    I've had the phone for about a year, it was gifted to me by an apple user who used it only for a work trip and it was unwanted post trip. So no warranty no.
    Warranty or not, I would pay to have it fixed but no one seems to know how.
    04-12-15 04:19 PM
    I only install official carrier updates. Upon glancing at all these reported problems it makes me grateful that my carrier (Sprint) moves at a turtle's pace when testing and approving/issuing updates. My Q10 on 10.2.1.3023 does everything I need it to do.
    04-12-15 07:40 PM
    I only install official carrier updates. Upon glancing at all these reported problems it makes me grateful that my carrier (Sprint) moves at a turtle's pace when testing and approving/issuing updates. My Q10 on 10.2.1.3023 does everything I need it to do.
    BlackBerry pulled it's 10.3.1 roll out for older phones because of the many problems that owners are experiencing.
    I just reinstalled 10.2.1 and now have my phone back to working order.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    04-12-15 08:22 PM
    How can I go back to the previous OS I had on my BB Z10. Though, I like the update, graphics and the BB Assistant feature, I can not use my Netflix I side loaded. Please help, it will be greatly appreciated.
    04-12-15 09:08 PM
    I had upteen amount of problems and mine was installed from offiical carrier straight to phone (Fido/Rogers) I'm sure most people also have done the regular provider update. It is hard when you have to put your trust in the product and it does not stand up to its potential. It should not be such an issue. I never had such software problems on iPhone (although i had hardware issue)
    Velocitymj likes this.
    04-12-15 10:20 PM
    I have the picture password screen is frozen and unresponsive issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:33 AM
    I had upteen amount of problems and mine was installed from offiical carrier straight to phone (Fido/Rogers) I'm sure most people also have done the regular provider update. It is hard when you have to put your trust in the product and it does not stand up to its potential. It should not be such an issue. I never had such software problems on iPhone (although i had hardware issue)
    Rogers is pushing OS 2576 now. It might solve your issues if you are an older build. Suggest updating through Link instead of OTA.
    Kate Robb likes this.
    04-13-15 09:41 AM
    Another issue : Now all my photos are showing all pixelated. Restart works for about 5 minutes.
    04-14-15 02:47 PM
    Flickering issue?

04-18-15 09:57 PM
    Updated to 10.3.1.2244 and problems started.
    1. My Z3 works very slow, hangs every time I try to use any bb or android app.

Overall NOT A GOOD UPDATE. NEED LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS.
    @ LSunlil I am having the same problem with my Z10 hanging while open apps. I am hoping a security wipe and reinstall will fix it. Currently running an official 10.3.1.2576

Happily swiped on my Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.2576
    04-19-15 07:00 AM
    Issues with Blackberry 10.3.1.1581 STL100-3

Well. First of all. for those of you who want to jump ship, and have posted issues with the phone. I have to say one thing.

The 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 Operating system are still in test. You are using a Beta operating system.
    THE OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL VERSION.

That being said, I can't get angry for being able to test something pre-production without having to pay a fee for it.
    Installation is at your own risk. If the Beta Operating system doesn't work for you, simply blow you phone away and go back to the
    operating system you provider has released.

I am running 10.3.1.1581 and I have had the issue of loosing all of my address book categories. I have about 2000 phone numbers in my phone. Oh well. It's a chance I took. I did back my phone up about 4 times so I can always go back to 10.2.1. No problem.
    Other than that, the operating system seems to work well. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone, but, that's not often.

Battery life?? I have to recharge the phone daily,but, I don't blame the phone, I blame my usage of blue tooth and hot spot at the same time.

Other than that, No issues I can think of.

REMEMBER, THESE OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE PRE PRODUCTION.
    We all like the latest features and function, but, beta os comes with bugs. If you phone is production phone, go back to a known working OS.
    Otherwise, stop complaining, grow up, and go play with your phone. I'm enjoying mine and you should too.

Gees... Some of you folks need a baby rattle, a glass of warm milk and a nap. LOL.....

Thanks much all for uploading the test Operating Systems so we can play with them.
    04-19-15 12:23 PM
    You do realize that many carriers have pushed official 10.3.1 updates? So no, they aren't all beta.
    DeviceTester likes this.
    04-19-15 12:26 PM
    Yes, but I also realize this has been a complaint for some time prior to some carriers officially releasing the Operating System.

In the grand scheme of things, Did it work before you started toying with the idea with upgrading??? I don't really see anyone complaining about 10.2.1 production. Anyway. Our lives can't be so wrapped up on a phone. Being more productive would be to call blackberry and make these complaint. Help them help you.. Nothing is perfect. New phones come out all the time. Pick one and enjoy it. I can't see spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars annually on a phone. I buy a phone when the current one breaks, falls apart or just stops working. Don't get me wrong, I use to play on the bleed edge/cutting edge of technology, and I know what it is like to want to have the latest and greatest new gadget, but, it's a lot of time wrapped up in an object that really is nothing more than a phone. When all is said and done, I would rather throw my phone in the trash then to meet my friends in person and look at them and talk to them. Seeing the smiles or frustration on their faces is part of being social, not texting. Being on a mobile device is not being social..

Of course, that is another topic in itself for a later date.....
    04-19-15 12:39 PM
    Yes, but I also realize this has been a complaint for some time prior to some carriers officially releasing the Operating System.

In the grand scheme of things, Did it work before you started toying with the idea with upgrading??? I don't really see anyone complaining about 10.2.1 production. Anyway. Our lives can't be so wrapped up on a phone. Being more productive would be to call blackberry and make these complaint. Help them help you.. Nothing is perfect. New phones come out all the time. Pick one and enjoy it. I can't see spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars annually on a phone. I buy a phone when the current one breaks, falls apart or just stops working. Don't get me wrong, I use to play on the bleed edge/cutting edge of technology, and I know what it is like to want to have the latest and greatest new gadget, but, it's a lot of time wrapped up in an object that really is nothing more than a phone. When all is said and done, I would rather throw my phone in the trash then to meet my friends in person and look at them and talk to them. Seeing the smiles or frustration on their faces is part of being social, not texting. Being on a mobile device is not being social..

Of course, that is another topic in itself for a later date.....
    I'd say, after getting updates that were official release, and now not being able to make a phone call (to call these friends and see them in person), not even in the case of emergency, we are not talking about a regular standard of update. It does seem that it was not quite ready for release.
    My phone came with 10.2, the updates were minor compared to the 10.2-10.3 which is a huge, similar to Vista being quite different from previous Windows Systems.

I am finding new issues every week. I am not sure what they are going to do, if anything, but its pretty devastating for the company when things seemed to be headed in the right direction and for users, it is a time/money waster, mind changer for sure.
    04-19-15 12:51 PM
    Don't get me started with MS. I've been on that roller coaster since DOS 2.0. (I think I sill have those diskettes around somewhere.) anyway. If you can't make a phone call, that's one thing. That basic function should not be an issue. I agree with you on that one.

Hey look. My wife has an Apple IPad I bought for her last Christmas. She has that darn think bolted to her hand. I upgraded it to the next operating system because her brother could do something she could not. Well, I can tell you that upgrade failed totally. Luckily I backed the unit up. Total wipe, re-install and all was fine. But of course another version of the IOS came out. Upgrade?? I don't think so. It works, don't touch it, and if you do, you will loose a limb. Lol... Same with her PC. I built her a brand new system. I had to chain it to the floor so it would not fly it around the house. (Get my drift. Latest equipment, 1600 dollars to build, Water cooled, over clocked, etc) Again, or Christmas. She won't even turn it on. I migrated all data over and everything. She said, hers works and it isn't broken. So, there is a 1,600 dollar paper weight sitting.

Anyway. if the phone won't call out, I would perform a total wipe of the phone, install the original OS if availabe if possible. IF it works, then we can rule out hardware. Otherwise, if you are going to go that far, I'd put the latest Leak on and see what happens. If it's not hardware, then I would still say a call/emails need to be sent to Blackberry.

About what I wrote above, Apple has had problems with their stuff as well. Who hasn't. I'd say it's a matter of how the problems are resolved.

I wish Blackberry would handle their own software and not let the telco companies deal with it. This way, when there is a problem, they don't have to wait for the Telco companies to (So Call Test before putting it out for users to download)

ATT is really slow with upgrades which is why I upgraded to leaked versions.
    04-19-15 01:29 PM
    I know. I know. I tend to be a little long on the tongue.
    04-19-15 01:30 PM
    It's not so easy to just call BlackBerry and talk to them.
    04-19-15 01:38 PM
    I know that. I've tried. But, I'm sure someone out there know the right number. Surely someone from that lovely corporation reads this site regarding issues that exist with the os.
    04-19-15 02:13 PM
    We can only hope. To talk to them, in the USA anyway, you have to call your carrier and then have them connect you to them or else they charge you.
    04-19-15 03:55 PM
    WiFi disconnects and sometimes disabled especially when using 5 ghz band active frames not displayed properly. Appear stretched. Alarm doesn't work when set via assistant my keyboard no longer makes the clicking sound when typing can take up too 5 seconds for phone to realize it's been flipped. Come on BlackBerry. PLZZZZZZ!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:21 PM
343 ... 11121314