BB10 on Z10 running Kindle 7.8.1.5.
    Can't find any way at all of downloading books to external SD card rather than device where space is so precious.
    Can anyone else help?
    Nor can I find any later version of Kindle that will install: all I have tried present the same error msg "Unable to install this app".
    Has anyone else found a version that will install and that permits download to SD?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-19 05:54 PM
    Can't find any way at all of downloading books to external SD card rather than device where space is so precious.
    Can anyone else help?
    Nor can I find any later version of Kindle that will install: all I have tried present the same error msg "Unable to install this app".
    Has anyone else found a version that will install and that permits download to SD?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Version 4.15.0.46 is the last version that supports the BB10 Android Runtime that is still hosted on Google Play Store.

Version 7.8.1.5 is the last version that supports the BB10 Android Runtime (but is no longer hosted on Play Store).
    Last edited by conite; 01-29-19 at 07:30 PM.
    01-29-19 07:13 PM
    Check out Kindle for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25058915

Can be tricky to login but trust me you can. If the link app doesn't let you dl it and you still want it pm me.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-19 08:36 PM
    Can anyone else help?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Hey fergus,

Definitely +1 for Leyra's suggestion, but to answer your question there is a way to make Android apps switch their storage to the SD card. However, it is VERY complex and requires the use of shells and the like. If you want to give it a shot let me know, but I wanted to give you fair warning before going too far down that road.
    01-29-19 08:50 PM
    Howard Kindle books taking up so much precious space? I don't believe it. If space is so prescious,surely something easier can move to the SD card?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-19 11:46 PM
    Thanks to all. Will take a look at Kindle on BBW.
    Books take almost no space, but they take it on the device. 16G isn't a lot. It's the principle I'm bothered about, not - in this case anyway - the practice.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 12:36 AM
    Thanks Leyra B10, for that link, which helped me understand why I got the Kindle app pre-loaded on the latest Z30 software, but it was unavailable in BlackBerry World for my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-19 09:06 PM