Well then, this plan seems reasonable. Unlimited Data | Our New Unlimited Data Plan | T-Mobile One could dump their cable tv with this plan, run hdmi out to tv, etc.
    What kind of telephone minutes do you get with that?
    02-02-13 08:34 PM
    Unlimited! Text/talk/data

What kind of telephone minutes do you get with that?
    02-02-13 08:36 PM
    That is exactly what I have been telling people. No more land line , cable, or internet. Falls on deaf ears , for now
    Don't forget their "fair usage" policy.
    Wow that's dirt cheap, must be grand fathered in obviously.
    no, they are prepaid no contract pricing
    Unlimited!
    How?

EDIT - Never mind... should've actually opened the link. :s
    02-02-13 08:37 PM
    That is exactly what I have been telling people. No more land line , cable, or internet. Falls on deaf ears , for now
    Do you do this? Or are you just saying it can be done. Just wondering, sounds interesting.
    02-02-13 08:37 PM
    Well, i haven't had a landline for 10 years, due to my circumstances currently I cannot do this with internet and cable/dish. But if I was not in an unique situation (too detailed to get into) I would do it in a heartbeat. Savings would pay for it . And now, since the browser is supposed to be so great on the BB10 , it would be a no brainer. But not everyone circumstances are equal. ymmv
    Do you do this? Or are you just saying it can be done. Just wondering, sounds interesting.
    rottonj likes this.
    02-02-13 08:42 PM
    Share a link/s?

no, they are prepaid no contract pricing
    02-02-13 08:45 PM
    Well, i haven't had a landline for 10 years, due to my circumstances currently I cannot do this with internet and cable/dish. But if I was not in an unique situation (too detailed to get into) I would do it in a heartbeat. Savings would pay for it . And now, since the browser is supposed to be so great on the BB10 , it would be a no brainer. But not everyone circumstances are equal. ymmv
    Thanks, I have no doubt it can be done, just wondering if it is and what kind of strain it would put on the device. Streaming , tethering and such could toast a battery or a device quickly I would think.
    02-02-13 08:45 PM
    I think Umi mentioned he did this with Tecksavy(sp?) unlimited internet combined with Netfix to dump landline/cable tv.
    rottonj likes this.
    02-02-13 08:50 PM
    Good point. I would try it if i could
    Thanks, I have no doubt it can be done, just wondering if it is and what kind of strain it would put on the device. Streaming , tethering and such could toast a battery or a device quickly I would think.
    02-02-13 08:51 PM
    One year of no cable tv bills should by a new Blackberry10.
    02-02-13 08:52 PM
    Share a link/s?
    att is thru straight talk and using a coupon code i have been able to score it for about 40 a month.
    Straight Talk Prepaid Airtime Refill Pin (US $45) | Crazy Game Time - Save More. Live Well. | CrazyGameTime.com

looks like it went up this month. Was 15% off for about 38-40 the last couple months

tmobile is the 30 plan where you get 100 minutes but unlimited everything else for $30

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    rottonj likes this.
    02-02-13 08:56 PM
    One year of no cable tv bills should by a new Blackberry10.
    Yes but netflix isnt cable, and BB doesnt have it yet lol. I have a dish, gonna burn the brain on this one and see what come up. this is interesting. If I try it it wont be with a new BB, just incase it smokes it
    02-02-13 08:56 PM
    Great,thanks!
    att is thru straight talk and using a coupon code i have been able to score it for about 40 a month.
    Straight Talk Prepaid Airtime Refill Pin (US $45) | Crazy Game Time - Save More. Live Well. | CrazyGameTime.com

looks like it went up this month. Was 15% off for about 38-40 the last couple months

tmobile is the 30 plan where you get 100 minutes but unlimited everything else for $30

02-02-13 08:59 PM
    Yes but netflix isnt cable, and BB doesnt have it yet lol. I have a dish, gonna burn the brain on this one and see what come up. this is interesting. If I try it it wont be with a new BB, just incase it smokes it
    His posting is too far back to grab at the moment but I'm sure he ran the Netfix of web(pc) hdmi out. BB10 can run tons of free web programming also , using Tablet HD Pro through my PB hdmi out, tons free programming.
    Attached Thumbnails Killing off BIS SUCKS-img_00000532.jpg  
    02-02-13 09:06 PM
    His posting is too far back to grab at the moment but I'm sure he ran the Netfix of web(pc) hdmi out. BB10 can run tons of free web programming also , using Tablet HD Pro through my PB hdmi out, tons free programming.
    Tablet HD pro, is that paid or free. I have that on my playbook that is free, but lent my playbook out so I dont have access to it tonight.
    02-02-13 09:10 PM
    Tablet HD pro, is that paid or free. I have that on my playbook that is free, but lent my playbook out so I dont have access to it tonight.
    $2.99 or the free less goodies version.
    Attached Thumbnails Killing off BIS SUCKS-img_00000533.jpg  
    rottonj likes this.
    02-02-13 09:20 PM
    I think once the z10 gets to the US and the media charging cradle has been released this might be worth looking into. It probably could work for everything, god knows with the internet you can find just about anything you need.
    TomJasper likes this.
    02-02-13 09:26 PM
    I may purchase another soon (see image) as the one I have is more link style, some go direct other take me close,lol. I see this
    TV for Tablet Pro states otherwise but wish they had a free version to see first. Guess I'll have to hunt Crackberry or YouTube for a review.

Anyway I'm getting way off topic so I'll leave it at that.
    Attached Thumbnails Killing off BIS SUCKS-img_00000534.jpg  
    02-02-13 09:31 PM
    Update to my situation.

Called Rogers tonight and got put through to the retention center. Was able to get Unlimited messaging, call display, voice mail, unlimited local calling, call waiting/forwarding and 3GB of data (LTE) for $57/month.

Nothing in comparison to what howarmat is paying haha. That's just the way it goes though when comparing prices of cellphone plans, gasoline, alcohol and clothing between Canada and the US!! But considering a few hours earlier the Rogers rep at the store said the best he could do in that price range was $55/month for 200mb.... I'll take it!
    TomJasper and pcguy514 like this.
    02-02-13 09:31 PM
    Retentions always sweeten the deal, good for you, sounds much better.

Update to my situation.

Called Rogers tonight and got put through to the retention center. Was able to get Unlimited messaging, call display, voice mail, unlimited local calling, call waiting/forwarding and 3GB of data (LTE) for $57/month.

Nothing in comparison to what howarmat is paying haha. That's just the way it goes though when comparing prices of cellphone plans, gasoline, alcohol and clothing between Canada and the US!! But considering a few hours earlier the Rogers rep at the store said the best he could do in that price range was $55/month for 200mb.... I'll take it!
    02-02-13 09:34 PM

In States only... not in Canada
    02-02-13 09:59 PM
    In States only... not in Canada
    that i dont know, but yes for the states for sure
    02-02-13 10:07 PM
    Remember that the original poster was somewhere in the 3rd World, ie a poor country.

Someone here in the forums recently posted a link to an article pertaining to the BIS situation in South Africa, where BIS also apparently means basically free data for legacy BBOS users. Here it is:

Goodbye BlackBerry Internet Service, African market could look elsewhere | News | HumanIPO

Here in a rich country the situation is quite a bit different. I remember it wasn't so long ago that people in less wealthy countries were still paying for terrestrial data by the megabyte and using modems instead of broadband. Some places still use mostly analog modems. People in online discussions are frequently rude to them telling them to stop complaining about the cost of something, being ignorant to the fact that the majority of people in the world today live on less than $2/day. Broadband cellphone plans for $50-$100/month are not an option for people in those conditions/places.

I could imagine Blackberry working on some other options for people in those places.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    02-02-13 11:14 PM
356 12345 ...