Nevertheless, if you kill the ART you'll never see it working in the CPU tab, it'll always be idle. When not killed, even with all apks not active, the ART periodically uses the CPU.
    Technically the kill way the OP described is better if you want to disable it and battery is bit less drained

Posted via BlackBerry Classic SQC100-1 on BB 10.3.3.2163
    03-21-17 03:05 PM
    Wrong. Microsoft Groove is (and I'm sure a few other apps are as well). Yet it really gets killed after closing it.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    I don't know what permissions those apps use but if you think they should run try this as a test, when you unplug your phone from your charger don't open any Android apps until your next charge. Before you charge, check Device monitor and see if your Android apps have used any battery since your last charge.
    03-21-17 06:46 PM
    Android apps do not run in the background on BB10. Period. It is a technical impossibility. The BlackBerry dev blog and Cobalt have confirmed this.

Using a device manager simply wakes the Android services. Closing the device monitor, will once again suspend the services from running.

Only headless apps on BB10 can run in the background.
    I believe you. You're much more of a BB10 expert than myself. But if they cannot run in the background, can you explain how I receive notifications from android apps that are not open? Examples would be Kik or Disa (facebook messenger and whatsapp client).

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 01:39 PM
    I believe you. You're much more of a BB10 expert than myself. But if they cannot run in the background, can you explain how I receive notifications from android apps that are not open? Examples would be Kik or Disa (facebook messenger and whatsapp client).

Posted via CB10
    The Android Runtime itself handles notifications. They are then sent to the HUB once received. When selected, the relevant app is opened.
    03-24-17 01:43 PM
    The Android Runtime itself handles notifications. They are then sent to the HUB once received. When selected, the relevant app is opened.
    How does the runtime know to get that specific app notification if the app is closed and not running?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 02:34 PM
    How does the runtime know to get that specific app notification if the app is closed and not running?

Posted via CB10
    If the app in question needs to poll, it sets a trigger in the Runtime to allow it to - then it shuts down again.

If it's a push notification, the Runtime just sends it through to the HUB.
    03-24-17 02:37 PM
31 12