Create a bullet point list
    Change the font size
    Change the colour
    Add an attachment

Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_20131229_000632.png

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    12-28-13 06:09 PM
    So I used my iPhone to send a PDF from the phone using my Exchange account, to my gmail account. Worked fine. Then I sent a word document on my Dropbox account to my gmail account using my Exchange account. It worked fine. I'm not sure I get it. Also, forwarding documents or opening in Pages, editing and then sending on as a Word, PDF or a few other formats works fine also.
    You can't add attachments from the email app, can you?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:11 PM
    I'm on my iPhone now and don't see where to attach a document. Maybe you need an app?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:16 PM
    I'm on my iPhone now and don't see where to attach a document. Maybe you need an app?

Posted via CB10
    That's because you can't add attachments to an email when composing it. If you want to send a pdf document for example, you have to open the pdf reader app and share via email. This creates 3 problems:
    1. You can't add multiple files with different formats
    2. Only specific formats are supported
    3. It's unintuitive. If you start composing from the email app you have to start over from the pdf reader app when you decide to attach a pdf document.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    12-28-13 06:21 PM
    That's because you can't add attachments to an email when composing it. If you want to send a pdf document for example, you have to open the pdf reader app and share via email. This creates 3 problems:
    3. It's unintuitive. If you start composing from the email app you have to start over from the pdf reader app when you decide to attach a pdf document.

Posted via CB10
    So then do you compose the actual words of the email with the PDF reader app as well?
    12-28-13 06:27 PM
    Both devices can be used for professional use. Its a matter of preference. For me iOS fits my needs due its suite of professional apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    12-28-13 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you open the document and then send from there. If someone sends to you as an email you can of course just forward it to someone else and the attachment goes with it. But, typically when I get a document, well, I usually edit it on an iPad Mini not my phone, but if I did I would open it in an app, several options in terms of which app depending on the format type, edit it and then send from the app. In the case of PDFs if I used a stylus or other method, typing in comment boxes say, I can send the marked up version of the PDF, again from the PDF editing app. In practical terms in many instances I would instead send something like a Google Docs or Dropbox link, but I could send the actual document as well.
    12-28-13 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure how it is unintuitive if you know it to be the case in advance.
    12-28-13 06:34 PM
    So then do you compose the actual words of the email with the PDF reader app as well?
    Yes, when you tap on the share button and then on email, a modal like this appears.
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_20131229_003420.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:36 PM
    I'm not sure how it is unintuitive if you know it to be the case in advance.
    Well it forces you to always think in advance if you want to attach something or not which is not a great user experience.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:41 PM
    That's why I couldn't figure it out. One thing that I love about using two phones, you can use the best features from each phone.

The below method is sad. I'm amazed iOS 7 hasn't fixed this.
    Yes, you open the document and then send from there. If someone sends to you as an email you can of course just forward it to someone else and the attachment goes with it. But, typically when I get a document, well, I usually edit it on an iPad Mini not my phone, but if I did I would open it in an app, several options in terms of which app depending on the format type, edit it and then send from the app. In the case of PDFs if I used a stylus or other method, typing in comment boxes say, I can send the marked up version of the PDF, again from the PDF editing app. In practical terms in many instances I would instead send something like a Google Docs or Dropbox link, but I could send the actual document as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:43 PM
    That's why I couldn't figure it out. One thing that I love about using two phones, you can use the best features from each phone.

The below method is sad. I'm amazed iOS 7 hasn't fixed this.

Posted via CB10
    I agree about two phones. I don't see the problem with it. Either I forward the document immediately, which iOS supports or I open it in an app and edit or modify it. I then send it from that app. In practical terms, I already have the app open, I don't see why it is a problem.
    12-28-13 06:45 PM
    Well it forces you to always think in advance if you want to attach something or not which is not a great user experience.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with that, but I don't think that raise it to the killer feature level. I forget how Android works with this although since I am probably going to ditch my Q10 for a Moto X I may be finding out soon.
    12-28-13 06:46 PM
    For many people in business...myself included, I have to send multiple documents in an email. Still haven't figured out how to do that with my iPhone or iPad Air.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:48 PM
    For many people in business...myself included, I have to send multiple documents in an email. Still haven't figured out how to do that with my iPhone or iPad Air.

Posted via CB10

When I send multiple docs I do it as separate messages. I'm not sure there is another way.
    12-28-13 06:55 PM
    I agree with that, but I don't think that raise it to the killer feature level. I forget how Android works with this although since I am probably going to ditch my Q10 for a Moto X I may be finding out soon.
    I agree it's not a killer feature (though email formatting might be). I only mentioned this because you said earlier that iOS and BlackBerry 10 offer a similar email experience.
    Anyway, what do you think about the other email features I mentioned? Did you know about them?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not possible, unless your attachments are all images in which case you can select multiple files from the Photos app.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:58 PM
    That's why I use the Q10 for email. Well, that and the keyboard and the Remember app.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:59 PM
    When I send multiple docs I do it as separate messages. I'm not sure there is another way.
    And don't you find this revolting???

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:00 PM
    I do have an iPad, my Q10 is just as smooth. The only difference is the speed of the animation, the iPad has a slower scrolling animation. Do you consider this an image heavy page: Deal finder - The Carphone Warehouse

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure why you can't see it, but try going to slickdeals.net. Choose the grid view, zoom all the way out, and scroll up and down.
    12-28-13 07:01 PM
    Could this be also extended to android? I'm looking for the punch to give Samsung people...they just randomly pick phone wars.....

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:03 PM
    For me it's the Hub for sure. I could never use a different way of doing things now. You do need to use BB10 for a good month to come to that conclusion though.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:03 PM
    I'm not sure why you can't see it, but try going to slickdeals.net. Choose the grid view, zoom all the way out, and scroll up and down.
    Smooth as silk. Is your Flash Player enabled?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:06 PM
    I agree it's not a killer feature (though email formatting might be). I only mentioned this because you said earlier that iOS and BlackBerry 10 offer a similar email experience.
    Anyway, what do you think about the other email features I mentioned? Did you know about them?

Posted via CB10
    Other than attachments, which I do send as described, I don't really use them. Most of the email I get I either 1) read and file, 2) move to a folder to deal with later, 3) move to a folder for my assistant to deal with or 4) delete. I can do those quite well on an iPhone, in fact probably a bit easier to say delete multiple messages.
    12-28-13 07:16 PM
    And don't you find this revolting???

Posted via CB10
    No. I seldom do it and when I do it isn't a big issue. More and more I am working with docs on the cloud, Google Docs primarily, so it doesn't come up much. I do handle a lot of marked up PDFs (that I mark up) but I usually get the from Dropbox and add them back to Dropbox after I am done with them.
    12-28-13 07:18 PM
527 ... 7891011 ...