06-06-15 07:38 AM
527 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Access to file structure without iTunes over wifi sharing. Faster browser, browser ability to view Web pages as they are displayed on a desktop. Ability to remove battery and add storage. Ability to run both android and BlackBerry apps.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-26-13 07:09 PM
    lol, after reading this thread it is clear some people are quite uneducated concerning what the iPhone is actually capable of
    As we are all sure how uneducated you are as to what the bb10 os can do better. But nice that you are here taking interest in the superior os and learning.

12-26-13 07:16 PM
    this thread does contain important features and facts, but ppl forgot the thread title? it said "killer" features, not just features that iphone doesn't have. those things you guys mention are not game breaking and "killer". having gestures and having the same end result is not called "killer". having a hub is not called "killer". and having to use a wire cable to connect to your tv is definitely not "killer". it is actually a step back in technology when most ppl are trying to go wireless. the most laughable one is probably having to install apk files directly like iphone user will envy when they can just get it from the app store.

u know what "killer" feature iphone have. all the apps in the world ppl need and easy to use. when a grandma or a 3 years old can pick it up and enjoy it then it is a "killer" feature. not to mention most ppl would agree iphone look great. when you touch it you know its a premium product.

Until BB can step up their app game then all the "killer" feature you guys are naming will not be enough.
    All great but nice to have most of the functions I need offline without an app as opposed to needed access to a app store if something isn't already there.

Apps are coming anyways, the app argument is old news.

12-26-13 07:19 PM
    After using so called smartphone for years, my conclusion is;

1. iPhone's usefulness goes much beyond the device and apps. It's use is enhanced only when it is used in the total eco-system, such as iPad and Mac, which BBRY do not have.

2. My conclusion is that a mobile device is a mobile device. It must function as a highly portable "handheld" device. For that purpose, I only need a dedicated messaging/communication device with some basic PIM functions. The smaller, the better. I simply toss it around in my pocket.

3. With this very narrow use of handheld device, I am increasingly finding that I am not even using the iPhone these days. Whether iPhone or BB10 device, so many functions are crammed into super tiny device. They are all compromises, a poorman's tablet. When I have to go beyond just the communication, usually a larger display is desirable, and I reach out for a tablet or laptop, which is not too far away from me anyway. Phablet is really ridiculous.

But sorry, above is off topic.
    To be in line with the thread title, the real killer feature after all is the availability of useful and effective apps, that can enhance and taylor your device in a way you want.
    12-26-13 07:21 PM
    Android has been capable of doing all of that for at least three years now. YouTube movies playing in the background isn't some magical feat only capable on BlackBerry 10. It is simply a different (maybe even lazy) way of programing. Whether or not a YouTube video will run in the background is entirely controlled by the application playing the video. The logical way to handle this is to pause the video once it exits the foreground. Because you need your eyes to watch a video. With that said, Android has had browsers with tab and background multitasking since the later part of 2010. Android developers have also written YouTube apps that will let the video continue playing in the background.

It is funny when people here mention this as if it is something new and worthy of bragging about. It really is all about the apps themselves and has nothing to do with the OS. Even iOS would do it if they allowed it to be done. Do people really think a YouTube Video in the background is all that much harder than Pandora playing in the background?
    What's real funny is android features to a apple blackberry discussion. Who cares what android can do. This is BlackBerry over apple.

12-26-13 07:22 PM
    So I did some research, turns out iOS already does do YouTube videos in the background.

I am not an iOS users, so I always assumed it couldn't do it since so many here love to claim that it can't. I found several YouTube videos of iOS playing a YouTube video in the background. I guess we need to take away one of BlackBerry 10's "killer features" now.
    Still need a app to do it, BlackBerry can do it with both the browser and a app, which means it's better than apple, which the title of the discussion is, thanks for coming out and laughing.... for what, we don't know, but whatever helps ya sleep at night!

12-26-13 07:24 PM
    As we are all sure how uneducated as to what the bb10 os can do better. But nice that you are here taking interest in the superior os and learning.

Please proofread your posts before submission, sir/madam.

Additionally, my post did not in any way/shape/form/theme hate on blackberry whatsoever. I am at a loss as to how you reached your conclusion.

In fact, I own more BB devices than Apple ones.
    12-26-13 07:27 PM
    Question...for all you Verizon CDMA users like me. on BlackBerry 10's can talk and surf the net at the same time. Talk on speaker and look up a restaurant? Yep, I don't know why but BlackBerry 10 on Verizon can use talk and data together and iPhone cannot.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-26-13 07:29 PM
    Simple things like sharing a photo to apps. iPhone can only do it to a limited few, whereas BB10 really excels in this.

There must be numerous other reasons, but I can't stand spending more than a few minutes on an iPhone to find out.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:30 PM
    Still need a app to do it, BlackBerry can do it with both the browser and a app, which means it's better than apple, which the title of the discussion is, thanks for coming out and laughing.... for what, we don't know, but whatever helps ya sleep at night!

Eh what? Did you even watch the video before posting this nonsense? That works using safari and the native media control panel. No 3rd party app needed, as the video clearly shows.

Maybe you should slow down and pay attention to what's going on before replying.
    12-26-13 07:32 PM
    Shifting between apps, opening, closing apps is a breeze and that's one reason I love BB10's user experience. Once you get used to the gestures its fun using the phone.
    12-26-13 07:46 PM

Actually you do not need an app to do this. I can use safari and close the window swipe up to control centre and press play and the audio from the video will start to play while I do other things. This is native without an app.

Anyway if I do brag about my phone I brag about how quick it gets stuff done and simple apps like remember that make It easier to operate. I keep my htc one around because I'm an android fan but with the latest leak for 10.2.1 I'm gonna leave it home. Oh and also wifi file access.
    12-26-13 08:04 PM
    Eh what? Did you even watch the video before posting this nonsense? That works using safari and the native media control panel. No 3rd party app needed, as the video clearly shows.

Maybe you should slow down and pay attention to what's going on before replying.
    ok now that you have cleared that up...thanks. Do you have anything about Bb10 that you care to share in case we missed it
    12-26-13 09:29 PM
    Flash
    Picture labeling and filing
    Typing
    SD card
    Active frames
    Mini USB
    HDMI
    Removable battery
    12-26-13 09:59 PM
    File Manager - Native Remote File Access

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-26-13 10:01 PM
    I think it would've helped to define what 'killer' meant within this context. I know for me, adding attachments natively to emails or having a USB interface, flash or hub, does not come under what I would define as killer, by any stretch.

I would define killer as something so epic, to demolish any ability of a comeback. I've not seen anything that would meet that definition so far. Although I can fully understand that other users here have their own softer interpretations of that word.
    12-26-13 10:15 PM
    I have to think that you have not fully learned all the features of your BB10 phone yet.
    I think it would've helped to define what 'killer' meant within this context. I know for me, adding attachments natively to emails or having a USB interface, flash or hub, does not come under what I would define as killer, by any stretch.

I would define killer as something so epic, to demolish any ability of a comeback. I've not seen anything that would meet that definition so far. Although I can fully understand that other users here have their own softer interpretations of that word.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:22 PM
    I agree I haven't seen this as well. I've had it all and I personally haven't seen this yet. It is personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:25 PM
    Blackberry has a great keyboard, as well as a great unified inbox.

The iPhone has excellent hardware as well as the best App Store in the industry.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    12-26-13 10:27 PM
    No NSA peek in BBRY .

but Apple has very good H/W and S/W integration, which makes it very fast and smooth and display (nobody can beat).
    12-26-13 11:33 PM
    Although perhaps not germane to most users, lets not forget about the fact a Blackberry is way more secure than an Iphone, which is why U.S. President Obama uses a Blackberry and is not allowed to use an Iphone.

The flagship Blackberry Z30 has a bigger screen than the Iphone.
    12-26-13 11:47 PM
    If you want to see features take a look at my channel Oh My Geek, starting with Miracast/USB host mode. My channel is dedicated to showing BlackBerry features. If there is a feature you would like to see let me know and I will add it to my list.
    12-26-13 11:58 PM

It is not a feature of IOS, just like BlackBerry devices can not play Netflix. I don't think you can JailBreak and then say you have built in features. Features and work arounds are not the same thing.
    Last edited by Taede; 12-27-13 at 12:15 AM.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    12-27-13 12:04 AM
    BlackBerry should have came aggressive like samsung.
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-work-play.png

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-27-13 12:21 AM
    If you want to see features take a look at my channel Oh My Geek, starting with Miracast/USB host mode. My channel is dedicated to showing BlackBerry features. If there is a feature you would like to see let me know and I will add it to my list.
    What do you mean your channel? As in BB Channels? Or YouTube? You should go on youtube to show off BB features to the world. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-13 01:02 AM
527 ... 23456 ...