A few more examples of things you can't get with apps: Miracast, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, better integration between apps, ability to set a default app, an always on unified inbox, better multitasking and active frames, an invocation framework that allows an app to open another app within it, etc. So you see, the OS is not really irrelevant. It's actually the most relevant part. As an analogy, it's the foundation and the entire structure of a house. The apps are just the furniture.
    01-12-14 10:42 AM
    Again with the apps... apps are not a feature of a platform. Apps can't replace everything. For example, on iOS, there's no way to get an awesome keyboard (like the one BlackBerry 10 has) by installing an app.

And what exactly makes iTunes Store better than BlackBerry World? (I assume you are talking about media here, not apps)
    Two things: I don't understand what a headless app is and why it improves the experience with the phone.

Second, what makes the iTunes store better other than content, ease of use, searchability, finding and identifying useful apps, and, frankly, its design, not much. I say that somewhat tongue in cheek, and as a person who really does appreciate the new BlackBerry OS functionality out of the box, but there really is no comparison. BlackBerry world isn't in the same universe as the iTunes app store.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 11:16 AM
    Two things: I don't understand what a headless app is and why it improves the experience with the phone.

Second, what makes the iTunes store better other than content, ease of use, searchability, finding and identifying useful apps, and, frankly, its design, not much. I say that somewhat tongue in cheek, and as a person who really does appreciate the new BlackBerry OS functionality out of the box, but there really is no comparison. BlackBerry world isn't in the same universe as the iTunes app store.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you asked. A headless app is an app that can run in the background and be totally invisible to the user. Examples of things this enables: BlackBerry Travel can monitor your inbox even though it's not opened and BBM can run its decryption algorithms every time it gets a message. Speaking of BBM, on iOS 7, because of the poor implementation of headless apps, BBM actually receives a preview (which in most cases is the entire message because most messages are pretty short) in clear text. Only once the user opens the app to reply, the message is retrieved in full and decrypted. This is because in iOS apps can not do complex stuff like decryption without being opened. I hope you understand why sending messages in clear text over a public Wi-Fi network is not a good idea. Anyone connected to that Wi-Fi network can intercept and read your messages. This is pretty easy to do, it takes about 5 minutes to set up.
    If you are not familiar with BlackBerry Travel, it's an app that scans your inbox and automatically adds your itinerary with all the relevant information to your profile. It then knows your booking reference number, it suggests accommodation for your trip and even gives you updates on your flights and the weather.

Regarding BlackBerry World, I admit, it does need more apps. But I think GadgetTravel was talking about stuff like music and films. And BlackBerry World has plenty of that. Also, I think the UI and functionality are comparable.
    Last edited by TheoRadu; 01-12-14 at 12:14 PM.
    global14u likes this.
    01-12-14 11:58 AM
    That's a very good explanation. Does BlackBerry Travel have to be "open" in order to be running in the background?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:09 PM
    That's a very good explanation. Does BlackBerry Travel have to be "open" in order to be running in the background?

Posted via CB10
    No, this is why it's so cool. The user never has to interact with the app to update his trip. Everything is done automatically based on the booking confirmation emails you get from your airline, train company, etc.
    01-12-14 12:13 PM
    This topic has been covered plenty of times here (on CB).

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    They're on my ignore list. Don't entertain it. My question was rhetorical for the exact reason you mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-12-14 12:21 PM
    They're on my ignore list. Don't entertain it. My question was rhetorical for the exact reason you mentioned.

Yet you still come back with posts like this.

Posted from my shiny BlackBerry Z30
    global14u and SDTRMG like this.
    01-12-14 12:36 PM
    Again with the apps... apps are not a feature of a platform. Apps can't replace everything. For example, on iOS, there's no way to get an awesome keyboard (like the one BlackBerry 10 has) by installing an app.

And what exactly makes iTunes Store better than BlackBerry World? (I assume you are talking about media here, not apps)

Also, iCloud is only truly useful for those who already have other Apple devices. And BlackBerry 10 has Dropbox, Box and Link which allows you to have your own personal cloud. Sure, you could say Apple's solution is more elegant due to its simplicity (you don't need 3rd party accounts), but it?s not something that is completely missing from BlackBerry 10.

Do you have more? Maybe something that BlackBerry 10 can't do at all?

P.S.: Regarding iCloud and its integration with other Apple devices, I don't think any of us mentioned BlackBerry Bridge. That's because it doesn't count for people who don't have a PlayBook.
    The OS doesn't matter much it is there to let you run software. Apple amd Amdroid have a lot of software, BB much less. It's why computer makers disappeared. No software no future. Actually apps can make a great keyboard. Not on iOS but certainly Swype on Android is a huge improvement and after a couple of days I'm about as good with it as I was on my Q10. But what good is a keyboard with a limited number of thing to type into it?
    01-13-14 03:12 AM
    The OS doesn't matter much it is there to let you run software. Apple amd Amdroid have a lot of software, BB much less. It's why computer makers disappeared. No software no future. Actually apps can make a great keyboard. Not on iOS but certainly Swype on Android is a huge improvement and after a couple of days I'm about as good with it as I was on my Q10. But what good is a keyboard with a limited number of thing to type into it?
    What good is a keyboard with a limited number of things to type into it? Umm... maybe for things like emails, reminders, word documents, you know... work. And with 10.2.1 this is no longer a problem anyway. All these apps work brilliantly on my Z30.
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_20140113_135414.png

Also, I gave you plenty of examples of things that can't be achieved with an app on iOS. Android is a totally different story, plus it's slightly off topic here. Anything you want to say about that? Am I wrong?

01-13-14 07:58 AM
    Since this was mentioned, I will just back in and say that most people know that the iCloud is a rip off. It's nice for things you buy via the Apple store, but it's very expensive for Cloud storage. DropBox is the standard.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:10 PM
    Did anyone mentione.. that BB10 phones (except Q10/Q5) have HD screen? ))
    iphone 5s still non-hd.. lol

although, this is not OS, but phone features :/
    01-15-14 10:51 AM
    What good is a keyboard with a limited number of things to type into it? Umm... maybe for things like emails, reminders, word documents, you know... work. And with 10.2.1 this is no longer a problem anyway. All these apps work brilliantly on my Z30.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140113_135414.png 
Views:	376 
Size:	325.7 KB 
ID:	238241

Also, I gave you plenty of examples of things that can't be achieved with an app on iOS. Android is a totally different story, plus it's slightly off topic here. Anything you want to say about that? Am I wrong?

You can sign into YouTube and Translate on BB10?

And how well does the built-in Instagram Camera work for both Pictures and Video, including things like Auto Focus, etc.?

Also, and beside the point, why would you need Maxthon browser if the BB10 browser is such a killer feature?

You do realize that the only people who care about sideloading Google Apps and stuff like Instagram are the people on BB10 due to its terrible app ecosystem, right?

This thread is about Killer Features. Killer Features aren't something the industry is killing off (Flash) because they have chosen an alternative (HTML5 which is supported on all platforms). Killer Features isn't a browser which exists on all platforms, simply because it benchmarks slightly faster than others. Killer Features isn't a Messaging Hub and it certainly isn't a Flick Keyboard when virtually every other platform's default is good.

Name one feature that is so good on BB10, that someone would disregard the superior app, services, and accessory ecosystems, as well as the superior hardware (and hardware choice, in some cases) on the other 3 major platforms and go for a BB10 device. There's literally nothing there, and that's the problem and why the thread exists. Going BB10 at this point is compromising, no matter how much you try to hype up a couple of fairly unimportant features to make it seem like it was the best decision ever - unless of course you absolutely had to have a physical keyboard than they are the front-runners there...

If it was as obvious as you people make it out to be, the OP would have figured it out a long time ago and Blackberry would be selling devices in volumes compared to Apple and Samsung.
    01-17-14 12:40 AM
    Since this was mentioned, I will just back in and say that most people know that the iCloud is a rip off. It's nice for things you buy via the Apple store, but it's very expensive for Cloud storage. DropBox is the standard.

Posted via CB10
    iCloud is not a storage locker like DropBox. It is meant to house App Data, device back-up data, and Sync Data between devices. A lot of things that get stored on it, like iTunes purchases and Photo Streams (including Video, which is stored @720p resolution) does not take up space. I know people who have Apple everything (MBA, iMac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, AppleTV) and never have had to purchase storage from Apple. DropBox makes you work to even get up to iCloud's default free storage, as well. You start off with 2GB.

DropBox doesn't work as well as iCloud does. It's basically a file manager for cloud storage. It is not even comparable, IMO.

DropBox is more comparable to SkyDrive, Google Drive, and Box. They are trying to compete with iCloud by building out the APIs (they had a Dev Conference where they introduced this) and getting App Developers to integrate DropBox into their apps, but that simply will never work as well as what Apple has done - because they own the OS and can build it in at the system level - and what Microsoft has done in Windows 8 (and likely to come to Windows Phone in the not so distant future).

Cloud Storage Apps like DropBox/SkyDrive/etc are nice on iOS as a way to share unsupported File Types and Multiple Files easily. As a cloud storage solution iCloud works so well on Apple devices that it's still worth paying for it.

Also, DropBox is still more expensive than other major players' cloud storage, and their security trackrecord is so terrible that I'm surprised so many here talk of it as if it's the greatest thing ever (while bashing companies like WhatApp for having "bad security"). The only reason for this, is the fact that Blackberry has a terrible set of services and nothing to compete directly with DropBox (while they have BBM to compete with WhatsApp). Hypocrisy is uncool.
    01-17-14 12:45 AM
    You can sign into YouTube and Translate on BB10?

And how well does the built-in Instagram Camera work for both Pictures and Video, including things like Auto Focus, etc.?

Also, and beside the point, why would you need Maxthon browser if the BB10 browser is such a killer feature?

You do realize that the only people who care about sideloading Google Apps and stuff like Instagram are the people on BB10 due to its terrible app ecosystem, right?

This thread is about Killer Features. Killer Features aren't something the industry is killing off (Flash) because they have chosen an alternative (HTML5 which is supported on all platforms). Killer Features isn't a browser which exists on all platforms, simply because it benchmarks slightly faster than others. Killer Features isn't a Messaging Hub and it certainly isn't a Flick Keyboard when virtually every other platform's default is good.

Name one feature that is so good on BB10, that someone would disregard the superior app, services, and accessory ecosystems, as well as the superior hardware (and hardware choice, in some cases) on the other 3 major platforms and go for a BB10 device. There's literally nothing there, and that's the problem and why the thread exists. Going BB10 at this point is compromising, no matter how much you try to hype up a couple of fairly unimportant features to make it seem like it was the best decision ever - unless of course you absolutely had to have a physical keyboard than they are the front-runners there...

If it was as obvious as you people make it out to be, the OP would have figured it out a long time ago and Blackberry would be selling devices in volumes compared to Apple and Samsung.
    No, I can't sign into those apps.

The built in Instagram camera works fine.

I installed 3 Android browsers so I can test them. I'll never use them because they are slower than the native browser.

A keyboard that learns from you, supports up to 3 different languages simultaneously and shows you word suggestions that can be selected with a flick gesture is a killer feature. Remember, we are comparing BlackBerry 10 to iOS here, not to Android.

Why isn't the Hub a killer feature? Does iOS have something as robust and easy to use as the Hub? Can you search, reply, flag a message or view an attachment from the Notification Centre? I don't think they are comparable at all.

BlackBerry is not selling because of its poor marketing, not because it has an inferior product. I would say BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile OS at the moment. It has more features than iOS and WP8 and a better user experience than Android. Also, it will soon have more apps than iOS if you include almost everything from the Google Play store.

There have been plenty of killer features mentioned in this thread. Things that can't be done with an app.
    01-17-14 02:42 AM
    No, I can't sign into those apps.

The built in Instagram camera works fine.

I installed 3 Android browsers so I can test them. I'll never use them because they are slower than the native browser.

A keyboard that learns from you, supports up to 3 different languages simultaneously and shows you word suggestions that can be selected with a flick gesture is a killer feature. Remember, we are comparing BlackBerry 10 to iOS here, not to Android.

Why isn't the Hub a killer feature? Does iOS have something as robust and easy to use as the Hub? Can you search, reply, flag a message or view an attachment from the Notification Centre? I don't think they are comparable at all.

BlackBerry is not selling because of its poor marketing, not because it has an inferior product. I would say BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile OS at the moment. It has more features than iOS and WP8 and a better user experience than Android. Also, it will soon have more apps than iOS if you include almost everything from the Google Play store.

There have been plenty of killer features mentioned in this thread. Things that can't be done with an app.
    I asked about things like auto focus. I know what the BB10 Android run time is capable of. This is public information. Camera apps can be some of the most limited in that runtime. I want to know if those features work in it. It's important for recording video in-app.

An app you cannot sign Into, yet works "brilliantly." means you cannot upload videos or comment in YouTube for example.... Brilliant? And you don't get progressively better voice or image translations in Google Translate, so the app is functionally crippled. What definition of "brilliant" are you using ?

SwiftKey does all that except flicking. Additionally it supports full phrase gesturing and trending phrases. Overall, it's a better keyboard, so I do t consider the Bb10 keyboard to be anything near killer. The BB10 keyboard has emoji or not. Third time I've asked and I've yet to get a response.

Their physical keyboard is, though.

Hub can be duplicated by any willing developer so long as they can avoid software patents. Samsung has a hub and Windows Phone has hubs for messaging and social networks since 2010 for example. You think they're incapable of Integrating them, and that Apple is incapable of doing that? They don't do it cause their users don't want it. And BB10 isn't selling because no one wants it and it has no killer featured.

Answer the question I asked. What feature is killer enough to make the Compromise of buying a blackberry device.

Features do not equate to better, unless you will say Samsung makes the best smartphones since they blow Blackberries away feature-wise.

You cannot redefine words to suit you own argument.

What feature or app on BB10 is so good as to be indispensable and worth that kind of Compromise (using a platform with such weak app, services, accessory, and media ecosystems that hardly anyone else uses - which is actually not a good thing even though some try to get a kick out of being "different")?

A marginally faster browser?
    A hub that basically groups together data you get badges and push notifications for anyways (iOS has notification center so Hub is not as great to their users as to a Windows Phone user).
    A keyboard that flicks but can't Swype and is lacking in other features? Lacks emoji, has worse voice recognition vault into it, etc.
    Adobe Flash? LMAO
    BlackBerry Maps?
    BBM?
    Can't be BlackBerry World...
    A native File Manager (seriously)?
    Documents to Go... ... ...
    It certainly like isn't their cameras (covered this).

I really would like to know. Educate me, Cause I have seen nothing that qualifies in this thread. All I see is a bunch of posts aimed to filibuster and assault readers with redundancies that don't matter.

http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...jellybean.html

RenderScript
    OpenGL ES 3.0
    Multi-player
    Universal Search Integration
    Wi-Fi Direct & Wi-Fi Discovery
    Rich Notifications
    Background Services (Limited)
    Google Account Login (Obvious)

^^^ All unsupported. Also:

If you want Android apps you are much better served with an Android phone. BB10 is a huge Compromise and you can never be sure when an app is updated and broken because of the runtime incompatibilities. It's a terrible reason to buy a Z30. Native apps are needed, ASAP, period.

They need their own merits to sell devices (there are some, they are just quite minor in the grand scheme of things). Marketing is not the problem.

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-17-14 at 03:28 AM.
    tack likes this.
    01-17-14 02:57 AM
    I asked about things like auto focus. I know what the BB10 Android run time is capable of. This is public information. Camera apps can be some of the most limited in that runtime. I want to know if those features work in it. It's important for recording video in-app.

An app you cannot sign Into, yet works "brilliantly." means you cannot upload videos or comment in YouTube for example.... Brilliant? And you don't get progressively better voice or image translations in Google Translate, so the app is functionally crippled. What definition of "brilliant" are you using ?

SwiftKey does all that except flicking. Additionally it supports full phrase gesturing and trending phrases. Overall, it's a better keyboard, so I do t consider the Bb10 keyboard to be anything near killer. The BB10 keyboard has emoji or not. Third time I've asked and I've yet to get a response.

Their physical keyboard is, though.

Hub can be duplicated by any willing developer so long as they can avoid software patents. Samsung has a hub and Windows Phone has hubs for messaging and social networks since 2010 for example. You think they're incapable of Integrating them, and that Apple is incapable of doing that? They don't do it cause their users don't want it. And BB10 isn't selling because no one wants it and it has no killer featured.

Answer the question I asked. What feature is killer enough to make the Compromise of buying a blackberry device.

Features do not equate to better, unless you will say Samsung makes the best smartphones since they blow Blackberries away feature-wise.

You cannot redefine words to suit you own argument.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/ypevaqyt.jpg

What feature or app on BB10 is so good as to be indispensable and worth that kind of Compromise (using a platform with such weak app, services, accessory, and media ecosystems that hardly anyone else uses - which is actually not a good thing even though some try to get a kick out of being "different")?

A marginally faster browser?
    A hub that basically groups together data you get badges and push notifications for anyways (iOS has notification center so Hub is not as great to their users as to a Windows Phone user).
    A keyboard that flicks but can't Swype and is lacking in other features? Lacks emoji, has worse voice recognition vault into it, etc.
    Adobe Flash? LMAO
    BlackBerry Maps?
    BBM?
    Can't be BlackBerry World...
    A native File Manager (seriously)?
    Documents to Go... ... ...
    It certainly like isn't their cameras (covered this).

I really would like to know. Educate me, Cause I have seen nothing that qualifies in this thread. All I see is a bunch of posts aimed to filibuster and assault readers with redundancies that don't matter.

http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...jellybean.html

RenderScript
    OpenGL ES 3.0
    Multi-player
    Universal Search Integration
    Wi-Fi Direct & Wi-Fi Discovery
    Rich Notifications
    Background Services (Limited)
    Google Account Login (Obvious)

^^^ All unsupported. Also:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/2y2a9y3e.jpg

I know what you asked, I already replied. There are no issues with the camera.

Out of all the apps on that screen you picked the only 2 that are indeed somewhat crippled. Though, I would never want to comment or upload videos from the YouTube app. I'm not 12.

You again are mentioning SwiftKey when I specifically said the keyboard is only a killer feature when we compare BlackBerry 10 with iOS (which is what this thread is about).

You did the same thing with the Hub. I don't care about Samsung or the linked inboxes in WP8, which is not even close by the way (it only works for email accounts and it has less functionality). This thread is about BlackBerry 10 and iOS. Is there a Hub app on iOS? And does it have the deep integration with the OS that the BlackBerry Hub is known for?

I did mention a lot of things that could pass as killer features if the user needs them. Why should I bother if you are going to tell me that you don't need or want that anyway. Clearly you don't need a smartphone, a portable media player or gaming console like the Vita would make you happy. And that's OK, but you need to understand that some of us use their phones for other things as well. And for us, something like the Hub can make a difference.
    01-17-14 03:41 AM
    I do t use any of those other apps. Check my edits. I don't know if works = looks like it works just fine to you or whatever. That runtime is crippled Compared to an android device. It isn't even worth discussing, really. This is not the first time I've tried to explain that to people here.

The YouTube app is almost worthless without the ability to log in, comment, or upload. You mind as well save space and use a browser at that point.

Any app that uses maps is crippled as well. They are replaced with OpenStreetMaps

There are a lot of usability issues with Android apps on BB10. I find the comments that apps run better there laughable because it's just not the case, even in theory...

01-17-14 03:43 AM
    I do t use any of those other apps. Check my edits. I don't know if works = looks like it works just fine to you or whatever. That runtime is crippled Compared to an android device. It isn't even worth discussing, really. This is not the first time I've tried to explain that to people here.

The YouTube app is almost worthless without the ability to log in, comment, or upload. You mind as well save space and use a browser at that point.

Any app that uses maps is crippled as well. They are replaced with OpenStreetMaps

There are a lot of usability issues with Android apps on BB10. I find the comments that apps run better there laughable because it's just not the case, even in theory...

Y oh y you need a youtube app tp be able to login and comment, when native browser does that perfectly fine? You do not need app for that.

Funny enough, except instagram (which I do not use anyway) and googlemaps, all apps I have on my phone have the same functionality.... as mobile versions I get on their page. I mean - banking apps.

On the other hand I faced no limitations on app usage as I do not like to login and have customised searches and other data harvesting.

Moreover, my z10 fives me more fluid experience than MOST of android phones, somehow !

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage aparatus!
    01-17-14 04:03 AM
    Y oh y you need a youtube app tp be able to login and comment, when native browser does that perfectly fine? You do not need app for that.

Funny enough, except instagram (which I do not use anyway) and googlemaps, all apps I have on my phone have the same functionality.... as mobile versions I get on their page. I mean - banking apps.

On the other hand I faced no limitations on app usage as I do not like to login and have customised searches and other data harvesting.

Moreover, my z10 fives me more fluid experience than MOST of android phones, somehow !

The browser on all smartphones does that. Does that mean Google should kill the apps because you can log into the website? No.

01-17-14 04:07 AM

I never said the runtime is not crippled, it is and I'm fine with that. It's there only as a temporary solution. And the apps I do use work very very well. My friend with an Galaxy S4 was impressed.

Anyway, here are a two more features that could be considered "killer":
    1. Ability to use my phone as a mouse and/or keyboard with Bluetooth enabled devices such as: my PS3, my LG TV, my Surface 2 tablet, my Sony laptop, my Dell XPS18 tablet and my MacBook Air. No need to install a server app on any of those devices. I think I don't need to tell you how useful this can be in a meeting. Can you do this with an iPhone?
    2. Transform my phone into a mini PC by connecting a large display via HDMI and a mouse and keyboard via the micro USB port. I can also connected things like a USB stick or an external HDD. Again useful and not possible with an iPhone.
    01-17-14 04:23 AM
    The browser on all smartphones does that. Does that mean Google should kill the apps because you can log into the website? No.

Pretty much, yes. There are apps and there are useless apps. YouTube is pretty useless.
    01-17-14 04:24 AM
    Pretty much, yes. There are apps and there are useless apps. YouTube is pretty useless.
    YouTube is fairly useless on BB10 because the rules time makes it that way. On Android and iOS that is not the case.

You can't upload via the mobile site, and the app has other useful features like preloading, Chrome casting, etc.

My question was rhetorical in response to his specific response to me. I didn't actually expect a response cause the answer is no. As stated I'm that response.

Yes applies here only due to the specific runtime situation which doesn't allow you to log into the app.

01-17-14 04:29 AM

Really? In my experience, no android browser is near bb10.

01-17-14 05:16 AM
    iCloud is not a storage locker like DropBox. It is meant to house App Data, device back-up data, and Sync Data between devices. A lot of things that get stored on it, like iTunes purchases and Photo Streams (including Video, which is stored @720p resolution) does not take up space. I know people who have Apple everything (MBA, iMac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, AppleTV) and never have had to purchase storage from Apple. DropBox makes you work to even get up to iCloud's default free storage, as well. You start off with 2GB.

DropBox doesn't work as well as iCloud does. It's basically a file manager for cloud storage. It is not even comparable, IMO.

DropBox is more comparable to SkyDrive, Google Drive, and Box. They are trying to compete with iCloud by building out the APIs (they had a Dev Conference where they introduced this) and getting App Developers to integrate DropBox into their apps, but that simply will never work as well as what Apple has done - because they own the OS and can build it in at the system level - and what Microsoft has done in Windows 8 (and likely to come to Windows Phone in the not so distant future).

Cloud Storage Apps like DropBox/SkyDrive/etc are nice on iOS as a way to share unsupported File Types and Multiple Files easily. As a cloud storage solution iCloud works so well on Apple devices that it's still worth paying for it.

Also, DropBox is still more expensive than other major players' cloud storage, and their security trackrecord is so terrible that I'm surprised so many here talk of it as if it's the greatest thing ever (while bashing companies like WhatApp for having "bad security"). The only reason for this, is the fact that Blackberry has a terrible set of services and nothing to compete directly with DropBox (while they have BBM to compete with WhatsApp). Hypocrisy is uncool.
    Exactly. I have a Mac Desktop, Mac notebooks, iPads and an iPhone. iCloud links all of those together. If I work on a presentation for instance on my desktop with Keynote it is automatically updated on all the other devices whenever I open Keynote. I can also edit directly from a browser in the app on iCloud. That is not at all like Dropbox. I actually use both iCloud and Dropbox, the latter a lot for non Apple docs or for sharing with people who don't use Macs. And I don't pay anything for either so I'm not clear how iCloud is a "ripoff" since it is free.
    01-17-14 06:34 AM
    Exactly. I have a Mac Desktop, Mac notebooks, iPads and an iPhone. iCloud links all of those together. If I work on a presentation for instance on my desktop with Keynote it is automatically updated on all the other devices whenever I open Keynote. I can also edit directly from a browser in the app on iCloud. That is not at all like Dropbox. I actually use both iCloud and Dropbox, the latter a lot for non Apple docs or for sharing with people who don't use Macs. And I don't pay anything for either so I'm not clear how iCloud is a "ripoff" since it is free.
    There is no such thing like a free lunch. Nobody is going to build and support a cloud solution for free. The person who pays for those features is.... you. Compare phone prices with competition and you?ll see.

Besides, I wouldn't boast having all my links with a single provider. It means that they could adjust the price freely without a threat of losing you.

I like how bb10 integrates multiple cloud, email, calendar and other business tools under a single umbrella. If Box tomorrow decides to increase the price I can easily switch to Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:04 AM
527 ... 1718192021 ...