A hub that basically groups together data you get badges and push notifications for anyways (iOS has notification center so Hub is not as great to their users as to a Windows Phone user).

Disagree with this, ios notifications are nothing like the hub. There are other reasons but the hub for me is THE reason I decided to give BB another go, I just love the way it works. That and the silly insignificant blinking LED are things that I really like.

If an iPhone dev (official or Cydia) were to create a proper hub for ios I'd probably switch back.
    dudoo likes this.
    01-17-14 07:05 AM
    YouTube is fairly useless on BB10 because the rules time makes it that way. On Android and iOS that is not the case.

You can't upload via the mobile site, and the app has other useful features like preloading, Chrome casting, etc.

My question was rhetorical in response to his specific response to me. I didn't actually expect a response cause the answer is no. As stated I'm that response.

Yes applies here only due to the specific runtime situation which doesn't allow you to log into the app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    LOL. Dude, it's time to open your eyes... You DO NOT NEED YOUTUBE APP on BB10!
    Browser is perfectly capable to play Youtube videos! Moreover, it's easier than EASY to upload vidoes to Youtube:
    How to upload videos directly to YouTube on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

This functions is baked into the OS. You do not need to go to youtube app or any mobile website for that. You just need to tap on "share" while watching your video!
    And for preloading (i.e. i do not need that with All-you-can-eat data, lol) you can use native (made for BB) FastTube app.
    01-17-14 09:08 AM
    Really? In my experience, no android browser is near bb10.

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak. Pwnage aparatus!
    LOL. Dude, it's time to open your eyes... You DO NOT NEED YOUTUBE APP on BB10!
    Browser is perfectly capable to play Youtube videos! Moreover, it's easier than EASY to upload vidoes to Youtube:
    How to upload videos directly to YouTube on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

This functions is baked into the OS. You do not need to go to youtube app or any mobile website for that. You just need to tap on "share" while watching your video!
    And for preloading (i.e. i do not need that with All-you-can-eat data, lol) you can use native (made for BB) FastTube app.
    Let's not hinge on one thing. And this is possible elsewhere as well :-) Sharing works on basically all other OSes as well.

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-17-14 at 10:03 AM.
    01-17-14 09:42 AM
    There is no such thing like a free lunch. Nobody is going to build and support a cloud solution for free. The person who pays for those features is.... you. Compare phone prices with competition and you?ll see.

Besides, I wouldn't boast having all my links with a single provider. It means that they could adjust the price freely without a threat of losing you.

I like how bb10 integrates multiple cloud, email, calendar and other business tools under a single umbrella. If Box tomorrow decides to increase the price I can easily switch to Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    You're talking like you are limited to the built in services on those other devices, which is patently untrue. The only reason why you'd require an account on them is for app store access. Other than that, you don't have to use it.

The fact that most people either do use them, or have no issues installing the apps and using them shows just how much this perceived advantage (which is no advantage at all) is a non-factor.

There's a huge difference than installing DropBox apps on every device you own and simply logging into your Microsoft Account or Apple ID and having things just work right away with literally no work or effort.

Nokia devices launched at $449 for the L920 e.g. while the BB Z10 was over $100 more at launch (close to $600 IIRC, and twice as much on contract), so the idea that the phone price is higher simply because it has a better services ecosystem is bunk. These companies make money in other ways from smartphone sales - like their app/media storefronts (Xbox, Google Play, iTunes/App Store).
    01-17-14 10:02 AM
    Let's not hinge on one thing. And this is possible elsewhere as well :-) Sharing works on basically all other OSes as well.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/te8yzyge.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/hy4ususu.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/ze8a6ahy.jpg

You are avoiding the issue at hand...which is you lack the ability to comprehend first of all.

The thread in no way says bb10vs android does it? You are just a troll. No one mentioned other "os"

Secondly Incase you haven't noticed most features that smartphone makers come up with aren't "killer" by the definition you are using....but it's always nice to have that ease of usage. I've used swype before and it's cool and all but HARDER When you are trying to use it with one hand. Also it's learning curve is way off the bb10 keyboard. You seem you haven't used the bb10 keyboard to even compare it.

Thirdly you seriously have a problem with comprehension. Oh I already mentioned that.

You lost me at comparing the hub to ios notification center.... definitely haven't used the phone before.

Also your proposal about if a dev could create an app for integrating a hub for the iPhone...idk if you know this but. when a manufacturer integrates something into their phone it's more likely to run smoothly compared to having to launch every time.

Also your excuse of a developer making an app isn't really working for me. For a platform to rely so much on app to function just as well is imo damning!!! It just means the platform has apps to cover it's shortened ends! It in no way makes their products any better infact it reinforces the notion that they are not as good as you'd love to think they are

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    01-17-14 10:12 AM
    You are avoiding the issue at hand...which is you lack the ability to comprehend first of all.

The thread in no way says bb10vs android does it? You are just a troll. No one mentioned other "os"

Secondly Incase you haven't noticed most features that smartphone makers come up with aren't "killer" by the definition you are using....but it's always nice to have that ease of usage. I've used swype before and it's cool and all but HARDER When you are trying to use it with one hand. Also it's learning curve is way off the bb10 keyboard. You seem you haven't used the bb10 keyboard to even compare it.

Thirdly you seriously have a problem with comprehension. Oh I already mentioned that.

You lost me at comparing the hub to ios notification center.... definitely haven't used the phone before.

Also your proposal about if a dev could create an app for integrating a hub for the iPhone...idk if you know this but. when a manufacturer integrates something into their phone it's more likely to run smoothly compared to having to launch every time.

Also your excuse of a developer making an app isn't really working for me. For a platform to rely so much on app to function just as well is imo damning!!! It just means the platform has apps to cover it's shortened ends! It in no way makes their products any better infact it reinforces the notion that they are not as good as you'd love to think they are

Posted via CB10
    Quoting for reference.

01-17-14 10:14 AM
    This!

Also, an awesome file manager with Dropbox/Box integration, Miracast/Wi-Fi Direct/DLNA and the App Manager as of 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    THIS ^^ !!

My Z10, all storage sources combined, has a little over 100 GB. I absolutely love the file system integration with Dropbox and Box. I can move files (regardless of their type) anywhere between Device, Memory Card, Dropbox and Box memory. iOS doesn't do that!

HUB is another thing to boast about. Having the ability to manage all your messages (Emails, Texts, Whatsapp, BBM, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and other system notifications) in one place, without opening any app, is very inventive.

Keyboard! I've been using physical qwerty's for years but Z10 virtual keyboard blew me away. It's intelligent to the point you actually start thinking that it has a mind of its own.

Camera I'm the only one among my friends with a Blackberry and my Z10 has always staggered them with its camera quality and Macro focus at 1CM (I could be wrong with the exact number) is amazing, Look at these pic i took
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_00000017.jpg
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_00001043.jpg
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_00000746.jpg

Everything is so interconnected. I can share pretty much anything, from anywhere, with anyone in just 2 taps. It even learns who do you share the most with and present them in bigger tiles.

All these features above matter the most to me when it comes to making a decision about what device will be my primary smartphone and Z10 wins clearly.
    01-17-14 10:20 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/te8yzyge.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/hy4ususu.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/ze8a6ahy.jpg

Tell me more how ios uploads doc and pdfs to web form

01-17-14 10:21 AM
    Tell me more how ios uploads doc and pdfs to web form

Docs are handled in iWorks and can be shared from there. iWorks stores them in iCloud.

01-17-14 10:23 AM
    Docs are handled in iWorks and can be shared from there. iWorks stores them in iCloud.

Webform he said
    01-17-14 10:56 AM

Iworks, I cloud, your whole life "ilife"

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:01 PM
    Iworks, I cloud, your whole life "ilife"

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry has BerryLife it would be a smash hit here.

01-17-14 12:02 PM
    I use iCloud because it's free. I have an iPad and iPhone. But for storage it's a joke. Everyone uses Dropbox that I know for their storage. It's half the cost.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:18 PM

First you post some screenshots from Android to prove that you can upload files to a web form, which is weird because:
    1. We already knew that this is possible on Android.
    2. This thread is about iOS. iO(f-ing)S!

And then when asked if iOS (you know, the OS we were comparing BlackBerry 10 with) can do this as well, you say that iWorks and iCloud can do this. Really? It was a simple question, can you upload files of any type/size to a web form?

And about sharing, you clearly don't have any experience with iOS. Sharing on this "superior" OS is horrible. You can only share some things and from some apps.
    An example: if I want to send the picture I just took to someone on WhatsApp, I just tap on the share button, select WhatsApp, then the contact and hit send. Done. Not so easy on iOS. You have to exit the camera app, open WhatsApp, find the contact, tap share, find the picture and only then you can hit send. See the problem?
    LWKING likes this.
    01-17-14 01:05 PM
    I don't think hater uses a BlackBerry. When you use both phones everyday (for me Q10 and iPhone 5), it's easy to see the shortcomings of iOS.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 01:10 PM
    I don't think hater uses a BlackBerry. When you use both phones everyday (for me Q10 and iPhone 5), it's easy to see the shortcomings of iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Which makes me wonder why is he even on this forum? He doesn?t seem to know too much about iOS either...
    01-17-14 01:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I said. For the record I wasn't even a berry user until April 2012 when I couldn't believe my luck finding out about the playbook and how a wonderful product was almost never relevant. And this past thanksgiving I finally gave up my iPhone5 and sold both that and my ipod. Got a used z10 for 200, put the rest of the money in the bank !!!

He lost me when he compared the "hub" to "ios notification center"

Are you f****** serious? And to make his points he starts rambling. His argument often revolves around "if ios can't do this , android can"

Drifting away from the thread title "BlackBerry vs ios"

What a fool

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 02:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure that isn't the thread title.

And I'm not sure where I referred to anyone as a hater, troll, or fool.

Please quote me if I missed it.

01-17-14 02:50 PM
    I'm pretty sure that isn't the thread title.

And I'm not sure where I referred to anyone as a hater, troll, or fool.

Please quote me if I missed it.

I'm failing to see android reference or wp8 reference in the thread title. It's ios(iphone) vs bb(bb10)...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:23 PM
    I'm failing to see android reference or wp8 reference in the thread title. It's ios(iphone) vs bb(bb10)...

Posted via CB10
    Read the thread.

Killer Features != Generic Comparison, either.

01-17-14 03:25 PM
    Let me help. It's BB10 vs iOS. Got it?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:38 PM
    There is no such thing like a free lunch. Nobody is going to build and support a cloud solution for free. The person who pays for those features is.... you. Compare phone prices with competition and you?ll see.

Besides, I wouldn't boast having all my links with a single provider. It means that they could adjust the price freely without a threat of losing you.

I like how bb10 integrates multiple cloud, email, calendar and other business tools under a single umbrella. If Box tomorrow decides to increase the price I can easily switch to Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to pay for the integration and quality. Having said that BB was selling the Q10 for the same price as an iPhone 5 without the integration (ecosystem) and apps. It isn't working out well for them.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-17-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    And after using both for about six months I just replaced the Q10 with a Moto X. I thought it was just too crippled without the apps.

01-17-14 04:04 PM
    If you have to store media, that would be cost prohibitive. And just bad business.
    I'm willing to pay for the integration and quality.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:31 PM
    If you have to store media, the iCloud would be cost prohibitive. And just bad business.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:33 PM
527 ... 1819202122