I've never missed an email, text, or appointment.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Yea. Had to put my ignore list to work for that one. I see where that exchange is heading, Lol. Guess some people didnt read the sticky thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-11-14 03:17 PM
    I didn't reply to your post. I replied to someone else. The benchmark is from 4 years ago using old browsers OS software and even an old flash version. Its worthless.

My reply was not to your post bread the damn thread and stop digging for a debate. You had nothing to do with that recent post I made about that useless benchmark link that you got as the first result of a Google search from a trivial query.

Nothing at all. End of.

You probably wanted to reply to someone else, but you quoted me.
    And I already explained this to you, it doesn't matter if it's from 4 years ago. Ignore the results from 4 years ago and just run it again now on your new hardware in the latest version of Google Chrome (or whatever modern browser you prefer).
    For example, on my pretty powerful laptop (with an i7 processor, 12GB RAM and a decent graphics card) I get 25 FPS in the Canvas test with 500 particles and shadows enabled and about 45 FPS in Flash. Also, when I disable hardware acceleration in Chrome, the FPS number drops to 15-20 in the Canvas test. How do you explain this?
    01-11-14 03:40 PM
    What in God's name are you talking about. Arguing about what? I'm replying to posts addressed to me.

I can name a lot of great features in iOS but that is not the focus of this thread.

Should I begin?

Yes, please. Do tell us what iOS has over BlackBerry 10.
    01-11-14 03:42 PM
    I like how bb10 lets you organize your email accounts by color. Hopefully ios adopts that feature. The iPhone allows me to be more productive due to the productivity apps that populates the store. I can't drive the z10/q10 full time due to important limitations such as headless api's, mediocre business apps and the thought of the device erasing all my emails and texts.

You must be on an old OS. BlackBerry 10 handles headless apps much better than iOS 7 as of 10.2.
    01-11-14 03:47 PM
    And....silence.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:34 PM
    You must be on an old OS. BlackBerry 10 handles headless apps much better than iOS 7 as of 10.2.
    Nope. I have a z10

01-11-14 04:36 PM
    This topic has been covered plenty of times here (on CB).

01-11-14 04:40 PM
    The type phone you have doesn't really determine how old the OS is. The latest OS handle headless apps and those apps are starting to update to take advantage of it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:41 PM
    As in the the topic of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:44 PM
    As in the the topic of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    This thread is about blackberry's killer features (judging by the original post). It's not a compare/contrast thread.

01-11-14 04:50 PM
    Huh? Read the title again.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:59 PM
    Nope. I have a z10

And what's the OS (operating system) version on your Z10?
    01-11-14 05:07 PM
    Huh? Read the title again.

Posted via CB10
    Read the first post again. The op is looking for killer bb10 features (features that'll wow iPhone users),where as Theo is asking for killer iPhone features. The op never asked us to list iPhone features, however the thread ended up going that direction (I'm partially to blame). the iPhone's "killer features" are listed throughout this forum, which is why we don't need to go down that route (again).

01-11-14 05:10 PM
    And what's the OS (operating system) version on your Z10?

01-11-14 05:11 PM
    I get what you are saying, but the thread topic is a comparison. And if we didn't comment on things already discussed, CB would be dead.
    Read the first post again. The op is looking for killer bb10 features (features that'll wow iPhone users),where as Theo is asking for killer iPhone features. The op never asked us to list iPhone features, however the thread ended up going that direction (I'm partially to blame). the iPhone's "killer features" are listed throughout this forum, which is why we don't need to go down that route (again).

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:13 PM

Many things have been covered already on this or other forums, but that shouldn't stop us from having a conversation.
    01-11-14 05:15 PM

But so are BlackBerry's killer features. Every single thread on CB mentions at least one "killer" feature. Giving us 2-3 examples surely takes less time than writing posts like this.
    01-11-14 05:17 PM
    But so are BlackBerry's killer features. Every single thread on CB mentions at least one "killer" feature. Giving us 2-3 examples surely takes less time than writing posts like this.
    Lol, it took me 20-30 seconds.

01-11-14 05:21 PM

Then you should be able to download headless apps from the BlackBerry World. Try Hub++ and Flip Shush.
    01-11-14 05:21 PM
    Lol, it took me 20-30 seconds.

And then another 5 to write this

I can write an entire essay on my Z30 in 35 seconds.
    01-11-14 05:22 PM
    Then you should be able to download headless apps from the BlackBerry World. Try Hub++ and Flip Shush.
    Hub +++/bebuzz works (headless)on 10.2.1

01-11-14 05:23 PM
    Hub +++/bebuzz works (headless)on 10.2.1

There are 2 types of headless apps. Short running and long running, as explained here: http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...headless_apps/

iOS 7 can only do short running headless apps. Long running headless apps are coming very very soon (like any time now) with 10.2.1.
    01-11-14 05:30 PM
    There are 2 types of headless apps. Short running and long running, as explained here: http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...headless_apps/

iOS 7 can only do short running headless apps. Long running headless apps are coming very very soon (like any time now) with 10.2.1.
    Thanks, I'm familiar with that blog. The lack of headless Api's killed thee os10 experience for me.

01-11-14 05:38 PM
    That's easy. The main one is a the app and iTunes Store and their content. Second is iCloud and their integration with tablets and the desktop. The OS itself is largely irrelevant if it works and ios works fine.
    01-12-14 09:27 AM
    That's easy. The main one is a the app and iTunes Store and their content. Second is iCloud and their integration with tablets and the desktop. The OS itself is largely irrelevant if it works and ios works fine.
    Again with the apps... apps are not a feature of a platform. Apps can't replace everything. For example, on iOS, there's no way to get an awesome keyboard (like the one BlackBerry 10 has) by installing an app.

And what exactly makes iTunes Store better than BlackBerry World? (I assume you are talking about media here, not apps)

Also, iCloud is only truly useful for those who already have other Apple devices. And BlackBerry 10 has Dropbox, Box and Link which allows you to have your own personal cloud. Sure, you could say Apple's solution is more elegant due to its simplicity (you don't need 3rd party accounts), but it?s not something that is completely missing from BlackBerry 10.

Do you have more? Maybe something that BlackBerry 10 can't do at all?

P.S.: Regarding iCloud and its integration with other Apple devices, I don't think any of us mentioned BlackBerry Bridge. That's because it doesn't count for people who don't have a PlayBook.
    01-12-14 10:28 AM
527 ... 1617181920 ...