And I should add that I feel lucky that I don't have to choose.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I have even more choices, my Moto X is due to arrive Monday to replace my Q10 most of the time. But I will be able to swap them out when I anticipate a need for heavy keyboard use upcoming.
    01-04-14 12:48 AM

The way BlackBerry 10 does it seems more like a unfinished browser than anything else. Honestly folks, it is harder to make the video pause in the background than it is to leave it playing. The same with tabbed multitasking. This so-called feature of BlackBerry 10 that fans love and brag so much about probably only exists because they didn't take the time to add the code to cause the video to pause once it exists the foreground.
    You can play/pause the background video very easily by hitting the play/pause button on the side of the device(between vol up/down buttons).

Z10 STL100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    jrohland and SDTRMG like this.
    01-04-14 01:36 AM
    We have ...

... not an iPhone. Like everybody else. We think different.
    ... BB10 gestures
    ... Z10 and Z30. The most beautiful fulltouch smartphones out there right know.
    ... Z10 battery change (plus the amazing BlackBerry Battery and Charging Bundle)
    ... Z30 battery
    ... Z30 speaker
    ... native BB10 apps
    ... a freaking Android emulator! That is crazy
    ... BlackBerry Flip Shell Case and the BlackBerry leather pocket pouch for the Z30 ! This phone is amazing !
    01-04-14 01:17 PM
    You can play/pause the background video very easily by hitting the play/pause button on the side of the device(between vol up/down buttons).

Z10 STL100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    Yah, it's so obvious that's a feature it's funny when people try to rationalize the way their phone behaves as how it "should be."

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Blomsternisse and SDTRMG like this.
    01-04-14 02:42 PM
    A few other cool/useful features (I don't believe they were mentioned): Internet Tethering, Parental Controls, Default apps, Device/Card Encryption, App Manager, setting songs as ringtones and FM radio.

Posted via CB10
    IPhones can tether.

Have parental controls.

You can set third party apps as default on blackberry 10?

IPhones are encrypted, like Windows phones.

The flash argument in only entertaining in pm since its off topic.

And that benchmark is still 100% useless so I'm not going to bite that bait. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-11-14 01:17 AM
    Some examples would be great. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you obviously haven't been to or heard of BGR

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.2.1.1259
    01-11-14 01:20 AM
    Flash is dead on mobile until you need to access a web site on the go, that uses it. Then you are crap out of luck on an iPhone.

It's a business thing and that is why BlackBerry has a chance in the business and prosumer market. They do the little things iOS doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    I won't say it happens a lot but about once a week it seems I click through to something on my Z10 that needs flash. Yeah.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 01:47 AM
    If flash was that killer they'd have sold a lot more BB10 phone since they're now the only smartphone platform that supportsnitnwithout hacking it in or using various 3rd party solutions.

01-11-14 01:39 PM
    IPhones can tether.

Have parental controls.

You can set third party apps as default on blackberry 10?

IPhones are encrypted, like Windows phones.

The flash argument in only entertaining in pm since its off topic.

And that benchmark is still 100% useless so I'm not going to bite that bait. Thank you.

You are right about tethering, I thought you can only create a hotspot in iOS.

Parental controls in iOS is quite limited. You get twice as many options in BlackBerry 10.

Yes, you can set default apps in 10.2.

iOS doesn't have encryption on the OS level. Sure, some apps may encrypt the files they use, but there is no option to encrypt every single file on your device.

And I'm not sure why you mentioned Flash again, I thought you don't want to discuss that here.
    01-11-14 02:06 PM

And I'm not sure why you mentioned Flash again, I thought you don't want to discuss that here.
    Did you read the thread. Apparently readings not fundamental here and others keep beating the dead horse.

01-11-14 02:07 PM
    One has to wonder why someone would spend so much time on a forum for a platform they don't use? Amusing.
    Did you read the thread. Apparently readings not fundamental here and others keep beating the dead horse.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and AlexB1227 like this.
    01-11-14 02:22 PM
    One has to wonder why someone would spend so much time on a forum for a platform they don't use? Amusing.

Posted via CB10
    Don't make me report the veiled why are you here post. We covered that in the troll trash thread. Its uncouth.

AlexB1227 likes this.
    01-11-14 02:22 PM
    Haha. This thread has done a great job of pointing out iOS shortcomings. These are easy to spot when you use both platforms everyday.

The iPhone is a great entertainment device. But lacks too many features that productive business people need.

Posted via CB10
    AlexB1227 likes this.
    01-11-14 02:32 PM

I did, yes. We argued for a few pages and then you said you no longer want to discuss this here (I'm assuming it's because you had no more arguments). I agreed not to mention it anymore, and I haven't (I think the benchmark is pretty self explanatory anyway). And now you reply to my post where I mentioned a few other features iOS doesn't have with yet another reference to Flash Player on mobile devices. Make up your mind.
    01-11-14 02:43 PM
    Haha. This thread has done a great job of pointing out iOS shortcomings. These are easy to spot when you use both platforms everyday.

The iPhone is a great entertainment device. But lacks too many features that productive business people need.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. End of.
    01-11-14 02:44 PM
    I did, yes. We argued for a few pages and then you said you no longer want to discuss this here (I'm assuming it's because you had no more arguments). I agreed not to mention it anymore, and I haven't (I think the benchmark is pretty self explanatory anyway). And now you reply to my post where I mentioned a few other features iOS doesn't have with yet another reference to Flash Player on mobile devices. Make up your mind.
    I didn't reply to your post. I replied to someone else. The benchmark is from 4 years ago using old browsers OS software and even an old flash version. Its worthless.

My reply was not to your post bread the damn thread and stop digging for a debate. You had nothing to do with that recent post I made about that useless benchmark link that you got as the first result of a Google search from a trivial query.

Nothing at all. End of.

01-11-14 02:49 PM
    Not sure why you keep arguing? There are plenty of other features that make BB10 shine over iOS.

It's insane that a phone as popular as the iPhone has such poor email capabilities. And no calendar app to integrate with the rest of the phone? All those app developers an nobody thinks the calendar is important on an iPhone?

I do love music and the iPhone interface for it. GPS is nice to have on a full screen too.
    I didn't reply to your post. I replied to someone else. The benchmark is from 4 years ago using old browsers OS software and even an old flash version. Its worthless.

My reply was not to your post bread the damn thread and stop digging for a debate. You had nothing to do with that recent post I made about that useless benchmark link that you got as the first result of a Google search from a trivial query.

Nothing at all. End of.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 02:55 PM
    If flash was that killer they'd have sold a lot more BB10 phone since they're now the only smartphone platform that supportsnitnwithout hacking it in or using various 3rd party solutions.

This can apply to any features. If a phone (or an expensive car, tv, coffee, etc) sells in smaller numbers than competition then it doesn't have any advantages over its peers.

I find this argument weak, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 02:55 PM
    Not sure why you keep arguing? There are plenty of other features that make BB10 shine over iOS.

It's insane that a phone as popular as the iPhone has such poor email capabilities. And no calendar app to integrate with the rest of the phone? All those app developers an nobody thinks the calendar is important on an iPhone?

I do love music and the iPhone interface for it. GPS is nice to have on a full screen too.

Posted via CB10
    What in God's name are you talking about. Arguing about what? I'm replying to posts addressed to me.

I can name a lot of great features in iOS but that is not the focus of this thread.

Should I begin?

01-11-14 02:56 PM
    This can apply to any features. If a phone (or an expensive car, tv, coffee, etc) sells in smaller numbers than it doesn't have any advantages over its peers.

I find this argument weak, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Same goes the other way around. Having something someone else doesn't have doesn't make it killer or even an advantage, using your logic.

01-11-14 02:57 PM
    Look up, you are lost. Which BlackBerry 10 device are you using to compare anyway?

iOS does have some great featues...I have a 5. Does media well....communication...not so much. Most of the business world relay heavily on email and the calendar. iOS is way behind in these areas.
    I can name a lot of great features in iOS but that is not the focus of this thread.
    Should I begin?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 03:01 PM
    Look up, you are lost. Which BlackBerry 10 device are you using to compare anyway?

iOS does have some great featues...I have a 5. Does media well....communication...not so much. Most of the business world relay heavily on email and the calendar. iOS is way behind in these areas.

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone does communication quite well.

How does one ask someone why they're arguing, while attempting to argue, with a straight face btw?

01-11-14 03:02 PM
    I like how bb10 lets you organize your email accounts by color. Hopefully ios adopts that feature. The iPhone allows me to be more productive due to the productivity apps that populates the store. I can't drive the z10/q10 full time due to important limitations such as headless api's, mediocre business apps and the thought of the device erasing all my emails and texts.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    01-11-14 03:06 PM

I've never missed an email, text, or appointment.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    01-11-14 03:08 PM
    Please explain how you send multiple email attachments on iOS? Please explain how to transfer emails, text messages, etc, over to the iOS calendar?

Go! Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 03:09 PM
527 ... 1516171819 ...