I don't want them off the server...just my iPhone. They are taking up space that I need for music.

Posted via CB10
    That is easier. Go to "Settings" then "Mail, Contacts and Calendar" and go to the account in question. There is a button at the bottom to tell it how many days to sync from the server. Set it for a short time, like 1 day if you want to really not have them. If you want a few more you can do a week or a month or whatever. You might have it set on "No Limit" which will bring everything over.
    12-30-13 03:23 PM
    Good idea. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 03:25 PM
    Flac files

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:13 PM
    Actually a better idea is to get rid of the iPhone, get a Z30 and update it to 10.2.1.1925. Then long-press the small date separator line and choose delete prior. Answer the prompt for phone only. And sit back as it clears them.

Of course if you only want to remove certain messages, us the highly versatile search feature to select a subset of messages and delete those prior to a selected date.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:13 AM
    It is not killer but this is what I like BlackBerry 10. Some features on the top of my mind within 2 minutes.
    The gestures and multitasking
    The hub
    The keyboard
    The security
    The fast browser with flash
    Active Frames (need more of them)
    Time warp
    Inbuilt picture editing
    The call screen (before 10.2.1 leak)
    Remember app integration with the OS
    Removal battery, nfc, and SD storage

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    12-31-13 04:09 AM
    Actually a better idea is to get rid of the iPhone, get a Z30 and update it to 10.2.1.1925. Then long-press the small date separator line and choose delete prior. Answer the prompt for phone only. And sit back as it clears them.

Of course if you only want to remove certain messages, us the highly versatile search feature to select a subset of messages and delete those prior to a selected date.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I wanted to say!

Z on Channels
    12-31-13 09:29 AM
    It is not killer but this is what I like BlackBerry 10. Some features on the top of my mind within 2 minutes.
    The gestures and multitasking
    The hub
    The keyboard
    The security
    The fast browser with flash
    Active Frames (need more of them)
    Time warp
    Inbuilt picture editing
    The call screen (before 10.2.1 leak)
    Remember app integration with the OS
    Removal battery, nfc, and SD storage

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    Totally agree except for the Active Frames screen.

Z on Channels
    12-31-13 09:48 AM
    I have no desire to get a Z anything. I use my iPhone for media only, and that includes iTunes and Apple TV. Plus the onboard video camera. All part of my job.

My Q does everything else. It needs no help.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:15 AM
    Exactly what I wanted to say!

Z on Channels
    Obviously I use BlackBerry (in fact old 9900 not Q10) to do the task. Wanted to highlight something, what many people don't know and are shocked, that is not possible with iphone those days...

Anyway, using iphone for tasks, what is not possible to do using BlackBerry (mainly related to photo and video, where is really BlackBerry way behind) - and BlackBerry for tasks, what is much more practical to do using physical keyboard.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    12-31-13 06:36 PM
    Just one note - it's interesting how are BlackBerry owners offensive in iphone direction. I think no iphone user even consider BlackBerry as competitive platform. They talk about android features what they want to get, discuss options in practical use after jailbreaking etc. But never ever saw in iphone and iPad forums (local) any discussion like "what we cannot do on blackberry" or "what is killing feature on iphone what blackberry users cannot do" etc.
    I think for most people is BlackBerry simply dead. They think it's platform for business users who just soft out millions of business e-mails and manage schedules and tasks and meetings. But they don't even think about buying it for personal use. They are quite shocked to see that i'm using the new os and have in the phone more then office applications. BlackBerry marketing (here) is on zero level so it's probably equal..
    Anyway, I think BlackBerry users should not be offensive to iphone users, but learn what practical those other (competitive) platforms offers and ask development of similar functionality from BlackBerry. And keep asking for finishing areas what are not developed perfectly (for example in compare with old BlackBerry system).

Anyway, I know that it is nearly impossible to expect to get application for managing my action cameras (at work we use half dozen Drift Ghost units) or my mirorless DSLR (Panasonic GX7) from my BlackBerry. I use iphone for those tasks as the applications for iOS are always available first and are good and reliable.Maybe it will change with option to run android apps directly, but who knows how it will work with media (like camera preview streaming in the full-screen what we use for action cam setups). Now I have option ios or android - BlackBerry nobody cares.

12-31-13 06:54 PM
    Just one note - it's interesting how are BlackBerry owners offensive in iphone direction. I think no iphone user even consider BlackBerry as competitive platform. They talk about android features what they want to get, discuss options in practical use after jailbreaking etc. But never ever saw in iphone and iPad forums (local) any discussion like "what we cannot do on blackberry" or "what is killing feature on iphone what blackberry users cannot do" etc.
    I think for most people is BlackBerry simply dead. They think it's platform for business users who just soft out millions of business e-mails and manage schedules and tasks and meetings. But they don't even think about buying it for personal use. They are quite shocked to see that i'm using the new os and have in the phone more then office applications. BlackBerry marketing (here) is on zero level so it's probably equal..
    Anyway, I think BlackBerry users should not be offensive to iphone users, but learn what practical those other (competitive) platforms offers and ask development of similar functionality from BlackBerry. And keep asking for finishing areas what are not developed perfectly (for example in compare with old BlackBerry system).

Anyway, I know that it is nearly impossible to expect to get application for managing my action cameras (at work we use half dozen Drift Ghost units) or my mirorless DSLR (Panasonic GX7) from my BlackBerry. I use iphone for those tasks as the applications for iOS are always available first and are good and reliable.Maybe it will change with option to run android apps directly, but who knows how it will work with media (like camera preview streaming in the full-screen what we use for action cam setups). Now I have option ios or android - BlackBerry nobody cares.

BB is now the #3 business platform according to a post on a recent thread. Both Android and IOS have vast options for task, project and team management via apps that aren't available on BB.
    12-31-13 07:46 PM

Honestly, go to an Android forum if you want to see people hostile toward other platforms. Sometimes I feel like BB and iPhone are religions and Android are atheists. Their whole purpose in life is to make sure BB and iPhones users know how wrong they are...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-31-13 11:18 PM
    OK guys, you really want to show iphone user something, what they cannot do? Few things, what I need very often and is not possible:

- let's imagine you have special e-mail account where you receive status messages from different devices. For example ups, servers, NAS storage, surveillance cameras etc. When all is ok, you need to delete let say 500 mails a day. Try it on iphone running os7 and you will be shocked - only way how to do it is one by one. Swiping to side open delete button and press delete it. Do it 500 times every day and you will pray to get DELETE PRIOR feature, what we have in BlackBerry for years and what clear hunderets of mails in a second.

This is simple detail what differentiate work device from device for playing.

This is not accurate. You don't have to swipe each message to the side you can click on edit and then click the box next to each message you want to delete the click on the trash button and they are all deleted. In BB10 as far is I know I have to click on the three dots on the right then click on the select more button and then select the messages I want to delete, same as on the iPhone, and then click delete to delete all of the messages. This seems more difficult although not by much on a Q10 than on an iPhone. Same with moving files. I would be happy to learn more about how to more efficiently delete or move emails on the Q10 as most emails I get are either moved or deleted.
    12-31-13 11:49 PM
    Ios can't add attachments to an email?
    You sure can add attachments to emails on my i5
    01-01-14 12:00 AM
    Nope, they don't have a unified inbox. On ios, if you want to respond to a text, an email, a fb message, etc. You have to go to each if those individual apps.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, with iOS 7 I can pull down from the top side swipe and it brings me directly to the message I wanted.
    01-01-14 12:08 AM
    I also don't see "Delete Before" in BB10 mail. Is it a BES feature?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 12:55 AM
    This is not accurate. You don't have to swipe each message to the side you can click on edit and then click the box next to each message you want to delete the click on the trash button and they are all deleted. In BB10 as far is I know I have to click on the three dots on the right then click on the select more button and then select the messages I want to delete, same as on the iPhone, and then click delete to delete all of the messages. This seems more difficult although not by much on a Q10 than on an iPhone. Same with moving files. I would be happy to learn more about how to more efficiently delete or move emails on the Q10 as most emails I get are either moved or deleted.
    Actually no, just long press the first message, then select the icon for select more, then select the rest and delete.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-01-14 01:09 AM
    It's delete prior. You long press on the date. No BES required.
    I also don't see "Delete Before" in BB10 mail. Is it a BES feature?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 01:20 AM
    Nice tip, slagman5. That helps. Thanks!
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 01-01-14 at 01:49 AM.
    01-01-14 01:34 AM
    It's delete prior. You long press on the date. No BES required.

Thanks. I see some function when I press on the date such as moving around. Although really I don't have a set that I can just delete by date typically.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 01:50 AM
    Nope, with iOS 7 I can pull down from the top side swipe and it brings me directly to the message I wanted.
    That's only for new messages. Not old ones.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 01:54 AM
    Picture password lock.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 04:48 AM
    Sometimes I feel like BB and iPhone are religions and Android are atheists. Their whole purpose in life is to make sure BB and iPhones users know how wrong they are...
    That was the most stupid thing I've ever heard. First of all, don't drag religion into the discussion, and second of all, BlackBerry and Apple users are just as delusional and any other fanboys. I read the same weird and stupid stuff on this site/forums as I do on neowin.net , androidpolice.com , imore.com , etc. You're just fanboys on different sides of the fence(s).
    01-01-14 05:06 AM
    That was the most stupid thing I've ever heard. First of all, don't drag religion into the discussion, and second of all, BlackBerry and Apple users are just as delusional and any other fanboys. I read the same weird and stupid stuff on this site/forums as I do on neowin.net , androidpolice.com , imore.com , etc. You're just fanboys on different sides of the fence(s).
    Some examples would be great. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 05:41 AM
    You sure can add attachments to emails on my i5
    From the email app? I doubt it...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 05:44 AM
527 ... 1213141516 ...