No, it's basic e-mail setup using IMAP on 2x Gmail and 2x different local provider's server. All mails and sent using SMTP Gmail in first two cases and my provider's SMTP in the other two cases. All four mails do the same.

We are speaking here about killer features of the phone, so I don't compare BES or even BIS (on my 9900) with basic functionality of iphone and Q10.BES is sure something above - same as activesync etc.

If you are on BES, it would explain the difference.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    I'm not on BES, I was asking because it could have been the reason why this is happening. I still think the problem is the email server you are using or the email client from where the email originated.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:29 PM
    No, it's basic e-mail setup using IMAP on 2x Gmail and 2x different local provider's server. All mails and sent using SMTP Gmail in first two cases and my provider's SMTP in the other two cases. All four mails do the same.

We are speaking here about killer features of the phone, so I don't compare BES or even BIS (on my 9900) with basic functionality of iphone and Q10.BES is sure something above - same as activesync etc.

If you are on BES, it would explain the difference.

Have to say, I'm not sure what's going on with yours. I just tested forwarding email from Gmail, yahoo, outlook.com,and my work active sync account and in every case the email address was in the header.

PM me your email address and maybe we can do some testing.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:30 PM
    I'm not on BES, I was asking because it could have been the reason why this is happening. I still think the problem is the email server you are using or the email client from where the email originated.

Posted via CB10
    OK. I sent you some test e-mail few minutes ago on the yahoo adress what was visible on the top of your screenshot.May you have a look how is the message cropped or not?

12-29-13 07:35 PM
    Quite interesting comments in past 10-15 posts..

One thing to consider regarding e-mails and reason, why I use iphone or old Bold 9900 instead of Q10 for dealing with work e-mails - missing readable (visible) e-mail adress of the original sender in forwarded e-mails from BlackBerry running 10.2 ...
    What are you talking about??

Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_20131229_203257.png

From the mighty Z10!
    12-29-13 07:39 PM
    What are you talking about??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131229_203257.png 
Views:	736 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	234423

From the mighty Z10!
    Just finished some e-mail testing with Theo from one of above posts. It's confirmed - my Q10 running 10.2.0.429 is cropping e-mail adress from the forwarded header and is forwarding only "display name"
    I forwarded him several real e-mails from different countries and providers, all are the same - just display name, e-mail not visible. Our second phone at work do the same. I think its a feature.

12-29-13 07:55 PM
    It works for some people, like me. That's odd. Maybe there is another solution, like forwarding the emails to an Evernote account instead.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:00 PM
    It works for some people, like me. That's odd. Maybe there is another solution, like forwarding the emails to an Evernote account instead.

Posted via CB10
    Only practical solution I know is to press the blue bar on top before you forward the e-mail somebody. Copy the sender's mail using side menu and then forward and past the sender's mail on the top so the person who get the message can write to the original sender etc. Only way.

12-29-13 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you on the same OS version?

Posted via CB10
    bbtino likes this.
    12-29-13 08:06 PM
    Are you on the same OS version?

Posted via CB10
    I use 10.2.0.429
    It does not matter if I forward it to another BlackBerry or desktop pc or plain web based Gmail. And it does not matter where is the original mail from. Q10 running 10.2 firmware simply crop it.

I just tested it with another user - he's on 10.2.1 leak and forwarding e-mails works as expected. Whe I forward him anything - it's cropped. So it's just question of time to get official 10.2.1 probably

12-29-13 08:10 PM
    I'm on. 1767

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:13 PM
    I use 10.2.0.429
    It does not matter if I forward it to another BlackBerry or desktop pc or plain web based Gmail. And it does not matter where is the original mail from. Q10 running 10.2 firmware simply crop it.

I just tested it with another user - he's on 10.2.1 leak and forwarding e-mails works as expected. Whe I forward him anything - it's cropped. So it's just question of time to get official 10.2.1 probably

Just realised I have a Z10 lying around running 10.2.0.1791 (10.2.0.424). Indeed, it is a 10.2 issue.
    Killer features in BB10 vs iPhone?-img_20130894.png

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:19 PM
    Just realised I have a Z10 lying around running 10.2.0.1791 (10.2.0.424). Indeed, it is a 10.2 issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130894.png 
Views:	549 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	234433

Posted via CB10
    B U G!!
    .. or a special security feature

12-29-13 08:22 PM
    B U G!!
    .. or a special security feature

Very very special

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:23 PM
    Can this thread be made into YouTube video or BlackBerry by TV time to demonstrate these things. Alternatively, have technically sound people to demonstrate their products in companies. The professionals should not be misled by phone marketers like Rogers who cell craps to people.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:23 PM
    Can this thread be made into YouTube video or BlackBerry by TV time to demonstrate these things. Alternatively, have technically sound people to demonstrate their products in companies. The professionals should not be misled by phone marketers like Rogers who cell craps to people.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, imagine a YouTube campaign with many videos like this: "Hi there. Welcome to 2014! You can now add attachments to your emails straight from your mobile device. Or not... (and show some guy desperately trying to find this feature on his brand new iPhone)."

The next one could be about sending files over Bluetooth or adding a bullet point list in an email. Or maybe uploading a document to a web form.

They should focus on the basic stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:35 PM
    For me hands down the hub is the best feature.

Second is gesture controls

Third is active frame multi tasking

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:27 PM
    For me hands down the hub is the best feature.

Second is gesture controls

Third is active frame multi tasking

Posted via CB10
    I personally love the gesture controls. Flicking up to minimize the app makes sense, like you're flicking it away.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-30-13 12:33 AM
    I love my z10. And i love my 4S.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:46 AM
    This would be a killer feature and unique to BlackBerry ... http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l-data-888948/
    12-30-13 08:31 AM
    I get the impression that not forwarding all the email addresses is a deliberate security feature. I just tried forwarding an email where I was a cc'd recipient, along with a bunch of other people not in my contacts.

When I look at the original email, all the names are clickable, and if I press on a name, it expands to show the address. However, when I forward the email, only the names show up in the forwarded message header. I actually like this, it shows respect for people's privacy.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    12-30-13 01:25 PM
    I get the impression that not forwarding all the email addresses is a deliberate security feature. I just tried forwarding an email where I was a cc'd recipient, along with a bunch of other people not in my contacts.

When I look at the original email, all the names are clickable, and if I press on a name, it expands to show the address. However, when I forward the email, only the names show up in the forwarded message header. I actually like this, it shows respect for people's privacy.

Posted via CB10
    When there would be switch in settings, to disable it, then it would be good feature. But without option to include original sender's mail adress in forwarded message, is nearly useless to delegate work e-mails to colleagues for example. You cannot forward to e-mail to people at customer support to take care about that person as they don't know what e-mail to reply. You cannot forward business mails without visible e-mail really. It's stupid and not clever and is good, that 10.2.1 will fix that.

12-30-13 01:57 PM
    OK guys, you really want to show iphone user something, what they cannot do? Few things, what I need very often and is not possible:

- let's imagine you have special e-mail account where you receive status messages from different devices. For example ups, servers, NAS storage, surveillance cameras etc. When all is ok, you need to delete let say 500 mails a day. Try it on iphone running os7 and you will be shocked - only way how to do it is one by one. Swiping to side open delete button and press delete it. Do it 500 times every day and you will pray to get DELETE PRIOR feature, what we have in BlackBerry for years and what clear hunderets of mails in a second.

This is simple detail what differentiate work device from device for playing.

12-30-13 02:12 PM
    Agree. I have almost 7000 emails on my iPhone 5 now. And can't figure out how to delete them.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:15 PM
    Agree. I have almost 7000 emails on my iPhone 5 now. And can't figure out how to delete them.

Posted via CB10
    Heh, easiest way is on the server (I realize that isn't what you wanted to hear ). Next best is to go into the mail client and select edit. Then touch the circles next to all the messages you want to delete (or move for that matter which is what I do with many if not most emails) then after checking a bunch hit "Trash" in the lower right corner and they all go. Repeat as necessary. Not optimum but certainly vastly better than swiping on each message then hitting trash when it comes up.
    12-30-13 02:56 PM
    I don't want them off the server...just my iPhone. They are taking up space that I need for music.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 03:07 PM
527 ... 1112131415 ...