Installation of Android apk directly
    You're kidding, right? I mean, did you really just say this? People with an Android can do it DIRECTLY from Google Play. People with an iPhone have the App Store.

Integration of apps with BBM...
    10,000 times more annoying than it is useful.

...and Hub
    Agree there.
    Last edited by Benjamin_NYC; 12-27-13 at 11:31 AM.
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-27-13 11:21 AM
    You all missed the best killer feature!

Being unique!

Nowadays all are anxious and follow the sheep herd. I never thought one day, that most people are sticking out their iPhones on a table! Wow, how unique! Why don't these kind of sheeple wear the same clothes and drive the same car with the same color????

Sorry, but I am very proud of owning a BlackBerry! Showing what I think of conformity or being a sheep!

Be unique!
    Preposterous.
    12-27-13 11:25 AM
    File Manager - Native Remote File Access
    When/if it's working.
    12-27-13 11:28 AM
    Well its a funny thing , my wife hates cell phones but has two an iphone for personal and BlackBerry for work, and when im sitting beside her when she is on her iphone all i hear is ******** and complaining, the only time she is quiet is when she is checking her BB, just saying i think its funny, i love my Z30 best phonegoing for my demands.
    12-27-13 11:43 AM
    Your two articles are old. Is this still a problem with iOS 7? Would be nice to have some recent mentions of this problem.
    I can confirm this problem still exists in iOS7. It's not just the email app though, it's an OS-wide problem caused by the lack of a file system. For example, you can't upload a PDF or a DOC to a web form using the browser. Only videos and photos are supported.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:43 AM
    [QUOTE=bakky3d;9763968u know what "killer" feature iphone have. all the apps in the world ppl need and easy to use. when a grandma or a 3 years old can pick it up and enjoy it then it is a "killer" feature. not to mention most ppl would agree iphone look great. when you touch it you know its a premium product.[/QUOTE]

I am neither a grandma nor a three old. And my phone is for *using*, not for touching or fondling.

I had no idea either that you couldn't easily include attachments on iOS. That is a joke.
    12-27-13 11:58 AM
    I am neither a grandma nor a three old. And my phone is for *using*, not for touching or fondling.

I had no idea either that you couldn't easily include attachments on iOS. That is a joke.
    So you've never had the need to send an email with an attachment from your SMARTphone?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 12:15 PM
    What's the killer app on bb?
    Nothing.
    What's the killer feature on bb?
    Keyboard, working flash sites, host mode usb...

Why I use iphone?
    Killer app on iphone?
    Snapseed, facebook pages...

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    12-27-13 12:19 PM
    The Hub. Like seriously, i can multi task faster with my Q10. Everytime i receive a text while playing game and im not fast enought to read the instant preview. I'll just peek.

Or you're texting on Whatsapp app and you got Bbm or you need to is reply from instant preview or just swipe to the hub and switch back to whatsapp app OR you can continue replying text on Whatsapp on the hub.

You dont need to quit the app.. switch to another app. Its all on the hub. After 1 month using my Q10.. i tried using an Iphone but it felt awkward because the lack of gesture to quit an app.
    12-27-13 01:31 PM
    I agree with Hub, and peek, but those have been mentioned heavily so I'll go with one that I feel is flying under the radar both in this community, and in the industry as a whole...

I'm shocked that only ONE person has mentioned the browser...

in fact, it's the one thing that I can consistently show to either Android or iPhone users and impress them no matter what.. when I go to a website that uses flash/flash videos or use intensive menus or security in certain cases, everybody asks what phone I have because they can't view those pages..

from the number of people that mentioned that, it is def an under appreciated and killer feature that we basically have a full desktop browser in our pockets. There's not one site I have not been able to load successfully (disclaimer: there's a few sites that require Desktop Mode but those are few and far between).

Best browser in mobile by far. BlackBerry needs to market this as well.
    12-27-13 04:56 PM
    Transferring file back and forth with Linux as I please

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925 from CB10
    How do you make a BB10 device work with Linux? Or does it have to be a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:58 PM
    ok now that you have cleared that up...thanks. Do you have anything about Bb10 that you care to share in case we missed it
    No he doesn't, he's just here to protect his I device and upset BlackBerry users.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-27-13 05:03 PM
    It is not a feature of IOS, just like BlackBerry devices can not play Netflix. I don't think you can JailBreak and then say you have built in features. Features and work arounds are not the same thing.
    Thank you, this is correct.

12-27-13 05:05 PM
    You have the option of a unified inbox on iphone but it is only for mail. Text messages are not there which is something I like about BB. On the other hand, I have a VIP mailbox built-in to iOS and can put emails from select people there. There is an app to do that in BB but I don't see it built in. I actually subscribe to a service that scans my emails for certain classes of message; such as from specific people and domains and people on my calendar for the current day and a few other thing and when those come it notifies my by an alert (it will also send a text or even call me I think) and puts them in an app on the iPhone.
    Latest os update has the priority hub, you can assign important texts, Bbm, and email to go there.

12-27-13 05:13 PM
    I agree with Hub, and peek, but those have been mentioned heavily so I'll go with one that I feel is flying under the radar both in this community, and in the industry as a whole...

in fact, it's the one thing that I can consistently show to either Android or iPhone users and impress them no matter what.. when I go to a website that uses flash/flash videos or use intensive menus or security in certain cases, everybody asks what phone I have because they can't view those pages..

from the number of people that mentioned that, it is def an under appreciated and killer feature that we basically have a full desktop browser in our pockets. There's not one site I have not been able to load successfully (disclaimer: there's a few sites that require Desktop Mode but those are few and far between).

Yes, the browser is pretty amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that it's not a native Cascades app. I still don't understand why BlackBerry went with HTML5 for a native app.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 05:16 PM
    Why do you care? Are you in the business of selling BlackBerrys? Why do you want to "wow the iPhone fan boys"?
    Because showing off better tech is the modern day equivalent of bragging about whose is bigger....

And because I don't want to look like an i-diot when iPhone people ask why I like bb10 and I tell them a bunch of features they've had for years.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bring It On 2; 12-27-13 at 06:13 PM.
    12-27-13 05:50 PM
    BB:
    1. Time Shift Feature
    2. Built-in picture editor and Instagram-like filters
    3. Built-in Video Editor (thanks Jaycut!)
    4. BBM with Video Call and Video Chat (with Share screen)
    5. Peek and Flow
    12-27-13 06:02 PM
    No he doesn't, he's just here to protect his I device and upset BlackBerry users.

Wow, you're still not paying attention before replying. I've never owned an i device. I've never owned an Apple anything. I'm not an iOS user and never have been as I mentioned in a post you've quoted in this thread.

I've been learning a lot about iOS lately though. I'm surprised by how much false information people here have been posting about it. Y'all had me thinking iOS couldn't do anything.
    Last edited by Saiga; 12-27-13 at 06:19 PM.
    12-27-13 06:04 PM
    It is not a feature of IOS, just like BlackBerry devices can not play Netflix. I don't think you can JailBreak and then say you have built in features. Features and work arounds are not the same thing.
    Thank you, this is correct.

From what I've just read, you're both mistaken. What is shown in that video (youtube running in the background on iOS7) doesn't require Jailbreak to work. It is a native, built-in feature of iOS and has been since iOS 6.

What in the world makes you think it requires Jailbreak or a app or anything else?
    12-27-13 06:09 PM
    Deleting duplicate post.
    12-27-13 06:13 PM
    I once owned an iPhone strictly for the times I needed net access with clients (my main phone was a Sony Ericsson P900). But the iToy got stolen and the P900 died and I bought a Bold 9900 and was happy w/ that phone.... until it died. I now own the Q10.
    Because my merchant service company no longer supports BlackBerry (along with all of the other Mobile merchant service companies) I went to an Apple Store the other day to look at an iPhone for mobile credit card swiping.
    I have to say that I was impressed. I hate to say it but the iPhone makes my Q10 look primitive from the app selection to ease of use to the gui.
    And I just looked at business apps and there were so many useful, well reviewed apps.
    I don't want to give up my Q10, but I can get the Square Card Reader for $9.00 and take credit cards right now.
    The iPhone now has native call blocking. It's been a year and BlackBerry still hasn't released the keys to software companies to make that app.
    Shazam appears to have walked away from BlackBerry.
    What I see are a lot of mediocre apps for BlackBerry and it's discouraging.
    12-27-13 08:08 PM
    Yeah I agree. They aren't really the same. The way it works on iOS is better and seems more useful. With iOS, the video pauses automatically for you, like it should, but users have the option to let it play again without going back into the browser. Need to pause it again? That's not a problem either. That is a good thing in my opinion. Sometimes you may leave a video that you were actually WATCHING. With iOS, you won't miss a second of the video, but can still play it in the background if you want.

The way BlackBerry 10 does it seems more like a unfinished browser than anything else. Honestly folks, it is harder to make the video pause in the background than it is to leave it playing. The same with tabbed multitasking. This so-called feature of BlackBerry 10 that fans love and brag so much about probably only exists because they didn't take the time to add the code to cause the video to pause once it exists the foreground.

The feature in iOS actually behaves like a purposefully built feature. Either way, we now have evidence of how easy it is to play a YouTube video in the background. No micro kernel needed. It is so easy, even iOS can do it.
    Are you sure this applies to all videos and video services, not just specifically to youtube?

And why would I want a video to pause just because I moved away from it for a second? What if I'm listening to a song on youtube, but I decide to look something up on amazon. Why would I want it to pause just because I opened a new tab?
    12-27-13 08:16 PM
    We really need a credit card app. I would think it won't be long. Shazam is decent, but so is SoundHound and it's on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:17 PM
    Are you sure this applies to all videos and video services, not just specifically to youtube?

And why would I want a video to pause just because I moved away from it for a second? What if I'm listening to a song on youtube, but I decide to look something up on amazon. Why would I want it to pause just because I opened a new tab?
    Couldn't agree more, and if I "need" to pause it, I can press the pause/mute key between the volume rockers to do so. Saiga your logic makes no sense. That's the point of active frames, to keep apps going in the background if they are able to...
    12-27-13 08:26 PM

The browser lags when you scroll. It's not as bad as android but it definitely isn't a silky smooth 60 FPS the way iOS browsers and WP8's IE manage. Functionally it's pretty good but I crave the perfect smooth scrolling you can see for example in bb10's settings app. I also want it to have text reflow. I can get it through android browsers but those are obviously even more laggy.
    12-27-13 08:27 PM
527 ... 45678 ...