And after using both for about six months I just replaced the Q10 with a Moto X. I thought it was just too crippled without the apps.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    That would mean you are a big app user. Android honestly seems a very good alternative should blackberry tank. But again compared to the 5s I just don't see the big deal with iphones.

Half the people I know don't even know how to work iTunes...I doubt icloud factored into their decision making

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 04:57 PM
    Feature of iphone: Drop it once and pay out �60 odd for new screen.

Had to get that in haha more than 3 quaters of my friends with iphones have smashed screens.
    01-17-14 05:14 PM

Had to get that in haha more than 3 quaters of my friends with iphones have smashed screens.
    This is true ah lol gorilla glass my foot

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:25 PM
    If you have to store media, that would be cost prohibitive. And just bad business.

Posted via CB10
    I back up with iTunes rather than the cloud and don't store any media except in iTunes but, yes, if one had to do that I see what you mean. Google might be better as well. I don't use it as a big file server but rather for active integration of important things I'm working on and it's fantastic for that.
    01-17-14 06:32 PM
    That would mean you are a big app user. Android honestly seems a very good alternative should blackberry tank. But again compared to the 5s I just don't see the big deal with iphones.

Half the people I know don't even know how to work iTunes...I doubt icloud factored into their decision making

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a misconception about iPhone users. I use many business related apps in iOS. I certainly don't have trouble using iTunes.

01-17-14 08:04 PM
    I wish iTunes was a big factor for people buying iPhones. I don't think most of the kids that have iPhones even use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:21 PM
    I think this is a misconception about iPhone users. I use many business related apps in iOS. I certainly don't have trouble using iTunes.

I didn't say using app was bad (: I just said a big app utiliser. Like me I have max 10 apps I use.. minus the ones already integrated in the os which I love btw

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:21 PM
    I wish iTunes was a big factor for people buying iPhones. That would mean would be actually paying for their music.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I know people that bought lots of music on iTunes. Honestly compared to other desktop applications iTunes is slightly more functional but it's only "better" if you got all your gadgets on apple ecosystem. If you are like me, buy apple ipod, blackberry playbook and z10, Samsung tablet... the ability to just drag and drop music is much more appreciated. wireless drag and drop is amazeball imo..

You know what's funny the people I've seen really delve into their iphones are the ones that Jailbreak. They actually enjoy using it and I can see why....those are the ones that truly understand what to do with the phone and how limited apple keeps them

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:24 PM
    I can use my phone as a remote to my PS3. It links with my vita and I can buy things in PSN and have them automatically download to my game system. Killer!

Not your typical blackberry user
    01-17-14 10:55 PM
    I can get music from anything anywhere for free

Not your typical blackberry user
    01-17-14 10:56 PM

Geez, clearly I'm using it wrong since I've dropped mine so many times I can't even remember, in cases and without, including a couple days ago when a customer dropped my caseless 5S screen down four feet onto the store floor...and I've never, not once, ever cracked or shattered my screen.

On any phone I've owned.

Ever.

You were saying, though?
    01-18-14 12:33 AM
    Oh I know people that bought lots of music on iTunes. Honestly compared to other desktop applications iTunes is slightly more functional but it's only "better" if you got all your gadgets on apple ecosystem. If you are like me, buy apple ipod, blackberry playbook and z10, Samsung tablet... the ability to just drag and drop music is much more appreciated. wireless drag and drop is amazeball imo..

You know what's funny the people I've seen really delve into their iphones are the ones that Jailbreak. They actually enjoy using it and I can see why....those are the ones that truly understand what to do with the phone and how limited apple keeps them

Posted via CB10
    I did the jailbreak thing. I don't do it anymore because what I did it for has been implemented in iOS 7 and the instability wasn't worth it.

I don't miss it at all, nor do I miss custom romming my androids or running leaks on my z10. Too much work, I need the phone to work reliably and jail breaking, romming and leaks didn't contribute to that.
    01-18-14 12:38 AM
    Well that's **** on the ios7 part then. most leaks are very stable that they do allow your phone to function. I've installed 3 leaks in the past 6 weeks being a new z10 user. The phone got better.

You are sharing your experience. The problem with Jailbreaking as opposed to leaking is that Jailbreaking is allowing for activities that apple didn't want you to access....

Installing leaks on the other hand is just letting you try out things that the phone is built capably of!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:34 AM
    Well that's **** on the ios7 part then. most leaks are very stable that they do allow your phone to function. I've installed 3 leaks in the past 6 weeks being a new z10 user. The phone got better.

You are sharing your experience. The problem with Jailbreaking as opposed to leaking is that Jailbreaking is allowing for activities that apple didn't want you to access....

Installing leaks on the other hand is just letting you try out things that the phone is built capably of!

Posted via CB10
    That's not only what people did leaks for. For quite some time it was to get functionality the phone should have been released with, or more importantly, to try to fix the random reboot issue that made owning a Z10 a crapshoot as to whether you could use the phone reliably or not.
    01-18-14 07:17 AM
    That's not only what people did leaks for. For quite some time it was to get functionality the phone should have been released with, or more importantly, to try to fix the random reboot issue that made owning a Z10 a crapshoot as to whether you could use the phone reliably or not.
    "Trying out the things the phone is built capably of "

Hence increasing functionality. Nott saying the phone was perfect, however those leaks were indeed mostly developed by BlackBerry developers and released. When I run leaks, I'm running an unreleased version that will most likely come out with similar features in the future..

With Jailbreaking, the attempt is to get features that apple would never ever in their dreams release

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:44 AM
    Except a good chunk of those things Apple would never, ever release from the jailbreak community are in iOS 7.

IntelliscreenX jumps immediately to mind.
    01-18-14 11:22 AM
    Except a good chunk of those things Apple would never, ever release from the jailbreak community are in iOS 7.

IntelliscreenX jumps immediately to mind.
    You are welcome to give me more examples so I can research. Most of the jail broken iphones I saw were trying to mimic android functionality

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:58 AM
    I love the gestures on blackberry, can't do it on iPhone. I will miss the swipe up to unlock or swipe to hub if you give me a iphone.

Posted via CB10
    dudoo likes this.
    01-18-14 12:34 PM
    I love the gestures on blackberry, can't do it on iPhone. I will miss the swipe up to unlock or swipe to hub if you give me a iphone.

Posted via CB10
    See this iz the problem. It's such a fantastic tool but not a game changer. It's better than most other alternatives out there but not enough to push people outside their comfort zone talk less of trying *gasp* a blackberry. Such a shame. I can't handle home buttons anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:51 PM
    I'm too lazy to read all these arguments so I'll give you my piece:

I've used iPhone and BB10 extensively. I'm going to keep this short and sweet as best as I can. The iPhone beats the blackberry with apps. We all know that. BlackBerry 10 is getting a lot better and it now has a lot of my necessity apps. The ones I'm missing from IOS I don't really NEED, but it'd be nice to have them on bb10.

The Iphone is the most common. Here's why I stuck with bb10. (please keep in mind this is for me) .

The things i do most on my smartphones is phone calls, text messaging, email, and browsing. I need to do this quick as well. BlackBerry 10 does all of these things better, hands down. The blackberry hub gives me way faster access for all of my messages compared to going in and out of different applications in IOS. The blackberry's on screen keyboard is far superior than iPhone just with the flick typing alone. Email comes in faster than it does on my computer. The browser's speed is on par with safari I'd say, but the full flash support makes a big difference.

These are the simple features of our smartphones that we all use daily, and all are done easier and more efficiently on blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    miker476 likes this.
    01-18-14 01:19 PM
    I haven't read all the pages but a number of them. What about the night clock, bedside mode? Plug it in, swipe down and no more notifications. Simple, elegant and very effective.

Z10, 10.2.1.1925
    01-24-14 01:08 AM
    You are avoiding the issue at hand...which is you lack the ability to comprehend first of all.

The thread in no way says bb10vs android does it? You are just a troll. No one mentioned other "os"

Secondly Incase you haven't noticed most features that smartphone makers come up with aren't "killer" by the definition you are using....but it's always nice to have that ease of usage. I've used swype before and it's cool and all but HARDER When you are trying to use it with one hand. Also it's learning curve is way off the bb10 keyboard. You seem you haven't used the bb10 keyboard to even compare it.

Thirdly you seriously have a problem with comprehension. Oh I already mentioned that.

You lost me at comparing the hub to ios notification center.... definitely haven't used the phone before.

Also your proposal about if a dev could create an app for integrating a hub for the iPhone...idk if you know this but. when a manufacturer integrates something into their phone it's more likely to run smoothly compared to having to launch every time.

Also your excuse of a developer making an app isn't really working for me. For a platform to rely so much on app to function just as well is imo damning!!! It just means the platform has apps to cover it's shortened ends! It in no way makes their products any better infact it reinforces the notion that they are not as good as you'd love to think they are

Posted via CB10
    This is the explanation everyone need to understand

Posted via CB10
    on1jon likes this.
    01-24-14 02:48 AM
    This has probably been mentioned before and is along the lines of the email attachments.
    Nothing worse than on my iPad I have to attach one photo at a time and repeat the whole attaching process. There is no capacity to tick multiple pics then attach all.
    02-20-14 09:25 PM
    Everything better on BlackBerry 10 simple as that

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 01:50 PM
    it might be simple but it's pretty unreflected to.
    02-23-14 02:12 PM
527 ... 19202122