Dear Mods

Please remove this thread if found ineligible.

The idea is to seek out external help for unlocking/modification of BB10 OS to accommodate updated Android APIs/framework for greater/better android apps support on BB10 devices.

This might help with better performance and greater compatibility of Android apps/services.

PS: I am not a developer.

Thanks
    Adi
    01-20-18 12:04 PM
    Dear Mods

The idea is to seek out external help for unlocking/modification of BB10 OS to accommodate updated Android APIs/framework for greater/better android apps support on BB10 devices.

This might help with better performance and greater compatibility of Android apps/services.

Thanks
    Adi
    Can't be done. Per OHA, BB is stuck at 4.3 or API level 18.
    01-20-18 12:08 PM
    Dear Mods

Thanks
    Adi
    you'll have to figure your own solution out if you want to keep using this OS. Web api's are great depending on what you want to do, but Android, Google, Microsoft etc.. no one is looking at bb10 anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 11:55 AM
    I was asking if a community driven modification project is possible. Like a custom ROM and such to add more compatibility for android apps/api's.
    01-22-18 11:57 AM
    I was asking if a community driven modification project is possible. Like a custom ROM and such to add more compatibility for android apps/api's.
    Custom ROMs only work with the combination of accessible hardware (unlocked bootloaders, allowing unsigned firmware) and available software (not just an open source OS, but also available firmware blobs). BB10 has neither.

And yes, the OHA gets in the way of just updating the Android runtime.
    01-22-18 12:01 PM
    No its not possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 12:31 PM
    will not happen

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 03:41 PM
    I was asking if a community driven modification project is possible.
    It's not.
    01-22-18 03:50 PM
    Any OS running on a BB10 device has to be signed by BlackBerry, or it will fail the integrity test at start up, so it can't be done by anyone else.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-23-18 04:24 PM
    The question is, when BlackBerry stop supporting BB10, I suppose corporative clients must have move to BBandroid or just move away.

So, would it be feasible that blackberry deliver the these encryption keys?
    Are signature keys shares with other product;such as QNX?

I know that BlackBerry will earn nothing with this gesture, but in the past many companies have delivered code, and software when it has not value in the market.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 11:40 AM
    The question is, when BlackBerry stop supporting BB10, I suppose corporative clients must have move to BBandroid or just move away.

So, would it be feasible that blackberry deliver the these encryption keys?
    Are signature keys shares with other product;such as QNX?

I know that BlackBerry will earn nothing with this gesture, but in the past many companies have delivered code, and software when it has not value in the market.

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt it. There is no appetite at BB to bring back BB10, there is no business case to do so.
    Giving away the encryption keys might damage the work that they're doing to keep the BB version of Android secure.

If you and the original poster were to look around the forum topics you would have found these ideas proposed and shot down NUMEROUS times already.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-24-18 11:52 AM
    If that was the case then it would have been opened up long ago.
    01-24-18 12:19 PM