Good day CB Nation,

During last nights LIVE CB HQ launch in TO, a few questions were asked in regards to BB10 having Keyboard Shortcuts like we currently use on our BBs within the 'Messages' section. For example: 's' would bring up search, 't' all the way to the top, 'c' to compose, 'alt + u' to mark read/unread and so on...

Our fearless leader responded verbally through the LIVE broadcast saying that he was not sure if these Keyboard Shortcut keys would make it to BB10, but BlackBerry themselves have 'in a way' confirmed that they will be there for BB10 with Keyboards.

My proof? Click on the following or check out the pic Below:

https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...rinciples.html

Keyboard Shortcuts on the Z10?!?  I know it will be available on the X10!-bb10-keyboard-shortcut-keys.jpg

I'm a keyboard guy, but will be venturing into the Full Touch Z10 model because of the extra real estate on screen that i could benefiting from. What would be really cool is if these shortcuts would be implemented into the virtual keyboard as well, meaning, swipe up to make Virtual keyboard appear then use the letters (as mentioned above) to quickly search, compose, mark read/unread, go to top/bottom, flag, etc...

What do you guys think and does anyone know for sure if this is happening?!?

Thanks,
    MiG
    01-26-13 10:46 AM
    I don't think there's ever been a reason to not believe that these shortcuts would continue.
    01-26-13 10:54 AM
    Yes, maybe not, but my question is more about these shortcuts being available on a Virtual keyboard as opposed to only on a Physical keyboard.
    01-26-13 01:41 PM
    That picture is of the first dev alpha, and my understanding is they have eliminated the gesture to bring up the keyboard at will since then. It now only comes up when there's something to type.. so since it's impossible to launch keyboard when looking at the messages list for example.. it would be impossible to use a shortcut.
    01-26-13 01:46 PM
    ^^^The picture says the shortcuts are for physical keyboard devices. Also nothing wrong with having the Dev Alpha A. Since it's on developer.blackberry.com
    01-26-13 02:42 PM
    I would be very surprised to see keyboard shortcuts on the z10, to use them you would need to bring up the vkb and would thus drastically reduce the amount of available space that could otherwise be used to zoom in or out via touch.
    01-26-13 02:48 PM
    I would be very surprised to see keyboard shortcuts on the z10, to use them you would need to bring up the vkb and would thus drastically reduce the amount of available space that could otherwise be used to zoom in or out via touch.
    It would be interesting if there were "gesture shortcuts" you could activate on the full-touch within native os applications...
    01-26-13 03:03 PM
    I thought of that too, but it could still be useful for shortcuts that don't require zooming in/out..
    01-27-13 02:55 AM
    It would be interesting if there were "gesture shortcuts" you could activate on the full-touch within native os applications...
    Now that would be ideal as a feature on the touch model to keep it equivalent with keyboard models when it comes to shortcuts.
    01-27-13 02:56 AM
    Would be interesting to see what the Shortcutme and Quicklaunch app makers will come up with for the Z10. The X will have shortcuts.
    01-27-13 03:28 AM
    I will sure miss shortcuts if they leave. They are my favorite part of bb.
    01-27-13 05:35 AM
    I will sure miss shortcuts if they leave. They are my favorite part of bb.
    +1
    01-27-13 05:52 AM
    Keyboard is still here, (two finger swipe from the bottom), but as soon as you start to type something, it fills the search field. Too bad, I used shortcut a lot (n specially for next unread message)
    01-31-13 06:34 AM