We keep reading about new BB devices with innovative keyboards, but what is being done to further improve the virtual one most of us have?

I'm looking for better predictive text and quick access to numbers and symbols. Why not a whole keyboard that thinks and changes according to what it thinks you need! Ability to modify the OS dictionary too!

Z30)++
    09-19-14 01:54 PM
    You already have the ability to add words to the dictionary, what do you mean? Plus as long as there are no new high end all touch device, I doubt that they'll make huge improvements.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:12 PM
    Id really prefer a built-in number row in the keyboard.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-19-14 03:22 PM
    I can't stand the keyboard on my z10. I did post yesterday about how irritating I was finding it but seems to have been deleted from the forum. The predictive language is bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:35 AM
    We keep reading about new BB devices with innovative keyboards, but what is being done to further improve the virtual one most of us have?

I'm looking for better predictive text and quick access to numbers and symbols. Why not a whole keyboard that thinks and changes according to what it thinks you need! Ability to modify the OS dictionary too!

Z30)++
    There isn't much to add to the virtual keyboard. It has heat sensors which help eliminate "fat fingers". The predictions on my Z10 are quite good as well. The only thing that I would like to edit the learned words library, but it is not a big deal.

Anyway, to access the numbers and symbols, just swipe down on the keyboard.

To add words to the OS dictionary, go to System Settings > Language and Input > Spell Check > edit Personal Dictionary.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:08 PM
    They can innovate more with it
    Implement a swipe from left to right to undo a cleared word

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200, kbz1960 and GSM-S like this.
    09-20-14 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be sweet for sure! Doesn't sound too difficult to implement either.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-14 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Swipe left to right deletes the previous word.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:28 PM
    Swipe left to right deletes the previous word.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm... not quite. By right he means the side of the keyboard with "P,L,M" and by left he means the side of the keyboard with "Q,A,Z".

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    09-20-14 04:05 PM
    Hmm... not quite. By right he means the side of the keyboard with "P,L,M" and by left he means the side of the keyboard with "Q,A,Z".

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I meant

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:26 PM
    Great tips! The custom dictionary was very hidden and surprisingly contained only 1 word while the predictive text has many more so there is room for improvement!

2 finger swipe down to get to numbers work, but is a bit hiss and miss so I would prefer say long press on the QRTY keys to get numbers 0-9 like you do for some characters.

Z30)++
    09-20-14 08:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. Someone start a tweet tsunami for Clewey and let's all attack

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    GSM-S likes this.
    09-20-14 11:51 PM
    Great tips! The custom dictionary was very hidden and surprisingly contained only 1 word while the predictive text has many more so there is room for improvement!

2 finger swipe down to get to numbers work, but is a bit hiss and miss so I would prefer say long press on the QRTY keys to get numbers 0-9 like you do for some characters.

Z30)++
    No problem.

Anyway, 2 finger swipe on the keyboard hides the keyboard. Only use one finger for quick numbers and symbols.

I really like the swipe to undo. We got to get this.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:49 AM