...since BB10 has hijacked so many things from WebOS, why hasn't BB just given up, downloaded the WebOS source, and given us a really usable interface?
    04-27-15 07:28 AM
    Since most of us are BlackBerry die hards, and don't use webOS, please list out the extensive list of items BlackBerry has taken from the OS to enlighten us.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    Gajja likes this.
    04-27-15 07:32 AM

This should help you along. Gestures, cards, hub, groups, search, ...
    04-27-15 07:54 AM
    Without me having to look at that video, BlackBerry Assistant definitely reminds me of Just Type that WebOS had. I'm still mad that WebOS didn't make it. I hope people of this community look at the video above to see what the OP is talking about. Software in that video starts at 6:10.

That OS was so ahead of its time. All these years they still have other OS's trying to get the multitasking with cards down pat. Neither BlackBerry, Apple, Windows, or Android have reached that level of multitasking. WebOS was in a class of its own. *Sigh*, if only the timing and money was right, WebOS could have been something special. The fact that it's now in LG's smart TV's is a crying shame.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno, reeneebob and sibeans like this.
    04-27-15 08:40 AM
    ...since BB10 has hijacked so many things from WebOS, why hasn't BB just given up, downloaded the WebOS source, and given us a really usable interface?
    Just wondering.....how many threads are you going to open bashing BlackBerry?? A lot of us here happen to think that BB10 is the very best there is for getting things done. We know it's shortcomings. All OS's have them. But I wouldn't trade my Z30 for any phone on the market.

Sorry your company chose to go with BlackBerry and make your life miserable, but really learn the OS before you rant.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    04-27-15 09:40 AM
    Just wondering.....how many threads are you going to open bashing BlackBerry?? A lot of us here happen to think that BB10 is the very best there is for getting things done. We know it's shortcomings. All OS's have them. But I wouldn't trade my Z30 for any phone on the market.

Sorry your company chose to go with BlackBerry and make your life miserable, but really learn the OS before you rant.

I wish I had looked at the OP's other posts before responding to this thread. Still love WebOS though.
    04-27-15 09:48 AM
    What's not usable about BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:49 AM
    Yeah, while Apple has stolen the flicking up of app windows to close, it hasn't yet figured out how to integrate the fabulous Woosh! sound offered by webOS. I once sported an hp Pre3. Now I have both an iPhone 6 Plus and Z30. Viva webOS!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:16 AM

I would love nothing more than for BlackBerry to be great. For many years I championed BlackBerry, loved BES, and loved my daily interactions with BlackBerry.

All recent phones I have used - Web OS, Windows Phone 8, Android, iOS - have been easy to acclimate to and provided some intriguing aspect. Only the BlackBerry has made me want to throw it on the ground and walk away. And it is mostly the little things, which should be seamless, but are not.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dwdino; 04-27-15 at 11:43 AM.
    04-27-15 11:31 AM
    I would love nothing more than for BlackBerry to be great. For many years I championed BlackBerry, loved BES, and loved my daily interactions with BlackBerry.

All recent phones I have used - Web OS, Windows Phone 8, Android, iOS - have been easy to acclimate to and provided some intriguing aspect. Only the BlackBerry has made me want to throw it on the ground and walk away. And it is mostly the little things, which should be seamless, but are not.

Posted via CB10
    Adios!
    der_mit likes this.
    04-27-15 11:47 AM
    Adios!
    Thank you. If I could, I would...
    04-27-15 02:31 PM
    OK I'll bite. BB10 was written from the ground up BBRY. I'm not sure what you mean by hijacked. GUIs have been around for a long time.

I know that the WebOS guys gave up, does that mean all OS developers should just give up? Not sure what you mean.

The webOS is open source. Why don't YOU download it yourself. There are a multitude of open source OSes available; download all the ones you want. You may have come here by accident; this is a BlackBerry fan site.

Pre's and Pixi's are still available; why not go buy one?
    04-27-15 07:00 PM
    Since webOS is open source now, what with the long palm legacy, & with the gigantic inventory of apps for that lineage, would it not be a thought to offer a webOS runtime so we could use that instead of or in addition to android...

WebOS might run on the SD card entirely & with a large&fast card would be of interest to me... further, dual boot could avail us of the webOS interface (Luna) which, with some added functionality (i.e. use of capacitive keyboard feature of passport) could be a cool option.

My previous phone was the HP Pre 3... a real joy to use... sadly a goner...

Posted via B10
    Last edited by patapoof; 04-29-15 at 08:55 AM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-29-15 08:41 AM
    God I miss and loved WebOS. And yes, BB totally ripped of WebOS for BB10. I had my Touchpad dual booted for Luna/Jellybean and it ran Android better than a lot of Android tabs. I will never buy from HP again after what they did.

*goes to fire up Palm Pixi Plus*
    Avenzuno and tp2386 like this.
    04-29-15 09:13 AM
    God I miss and loved WebOS. And yes, BB totally ripped of WebOS for BB10. I had my Touchpad dual booted for Luna/Jellybean and it ran Android better than a lot of Android tabs. I will never buy from HP again after what they did.

*goes to fire up Palm Pixi Plus*
    If they hadn't sold out in what felt like minutes after the fire sale I would have had a TouchPad too, likely loaded with android at this point. HP really pulled the plug far too quickly on WebOS, it had so much potential. It is being used in the new LG smart tv's albeit it looks completely different now.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and Tradesman644 like this.
    04-29-15 01:05 PM
    Since webOS is open source now, what with the long palm legacy, & with the gigantic inventory of apps for that lineage, would it not be a thought to offer a webOS runtime so we could use that instead of or in addition to android...

WebOS might run on the SD card entirely & with a large&fast card would be of interest to me... further, dual boot could avail us of the webOS interface (Luna) which, with some added functionality (i.e. use of capacitive keyboard feature of passport) could be a cool option.

My previous phone was the HP Pre 3... a real joy to use... sadly a goner...

Posted via B10
    I thought LG owned webOS now. If I were LG, I would have its phones dual boot between Android and webOS, or at least have the latter include Android runtime as BB10 does.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:31 PM
    I thought LG owned webOS now. If I were LG, I would have its phones dual boot between Android and webOS, or at least have the latter include Android runtime as BB10 does.

Posted via CB10
    This scenario may not be too far-fetched. I believe LG is now developing a smart watch with WebOS and who knows, maybe in the near future, may follow Samsung's Tizen foray and develop WebOs for an LG phone. I would be interested, since WebOs is my favorite all-time OS.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-29-15 01:42 PM
    Thank you. If I could, I would...
    You could. No one at CB has a gun to their head that they need to post.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-29-15 02:43 PM