Hey guys.. a quick random thought came to my mind today.. and i just want to hear your thoughts about it. First of i want you guys to know that I'm pure BlackBerry fan. Yet sometimes it scares me when i see that BB10 isnt selling how it should. So heres the thought.. most of us know Blackberry Balance right? Howbout if we had some sort of 2 OS on the phone? One side woild work Android and would have access to play store and would typically work the usual android way. But then theres the other side which is BB10 where all your messages/communication/emails etc would be.. and then switching from one OS to the other would just be like switching from corporate to personal.. your thoughts guys?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:50 AM
    That's an interesting option but to fit two OS's into one would take up a lot of resources in terms of space and memory. But it would definitely give many users the urge of curiosity to try it out!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:55 AM
    I mean.. atleast we get the best of both worlds..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:58 AM
    I mean.. atleast we get the best of both worlds..

Posted via CB10
    If one day BlackBerry would license out BB10 OS because I don't think BlackBerry would consider that route. Other companies could put BB10 and Android into a blender and make a BlackBerry Key Lime smoothie

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:13 AM
    I'm thinking people would embrace or check out a blackberry that has both of the OS.. that way people would experience BB10 and see how great it is.. the problem now is people wont even bother to check out BB10..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:27 AM
    Like asking Mercedes to get a BMW motor... I am convinced BB has the better OS... People just do not know it (or just ignore it, 2nd meaning)... The problem, iOS and Android hitted first some years ago so now, people think BB10 is just the same BBOS, as update 6 to 7 or 7.0 to 7.1
    They need an Aha-effect... very hard to convince, the thought/understanding is "glued" in their minds!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-01-13 05:36 AM
    It happens.. Peugeot has a bmw engine in one of their models.. toyota has a subaru engine in one of the models..

Point is. People wont even bother to take a look.. the BlackBerry brand is just negatively tainted.. but i bet you if people find out that theres android in it.. they would atleast try it.. and would even a lot time to try BB10 part of it..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:42 AM
    It happens.. Peugeot has a bmw engine in one of their models.. toyota has a subaru engine in one of the models..

Point is. People wont even bother to take a look.. the BlackBerry brand is just negatively tainted.. but i bet you if people find out that theres android in it.. they would atleast try it.. and would even a lot time to try BB10 part of it..

Posted via CB10
    Which Toyota has a boxer engine? Not a single one. If they did they'd be sued. The boxer engine is unique to Subaru, just like the rotrary is to Mazda. Not even when Ford bought the majority of Subaru could they get their hands on the boxer engine blue prints

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 07:26 AM
    Which Toyota has a boxer engine? Not a single one. If they did they'd be sued. The boxer engine is unique to Subaru, just like the rotrary is to Mazda. Not even when Ford bought the majority of Subaru could they get their hands on the boxer engine blue prints

Posted via CB10
    He's talking about the car jointly developed by Toyota and Subaru. It's called the Toyota 86, Scion FRS or Subaru BRZ.

It definitely has a boxer engine, but with some Toyota touches to it.
    08-01-13 07:31 AM
    Pls. keep in mind that BlackBerry has not longer any turnover from BES/BIS. Their hope is to gain a lot of traction with app from BlackBerry World where they get a 30% cut.

If they allowed a pure Android to run on the BB10 devices one possible outcome would be
    - Users would just go for the Android version of (paid) apps, because if they switch later to a pure Android phone, they still have access to their paid apps.
    - No developer would bother creating apps for BB10 - why should they if the Andoid App could be downloaded directly from Google Play?
    - BlackBerry would have 0 income from App Sale.

So this would never happen unless BlackBerry gives up and turn themselves into just another Android maker. I don't expect it to happen.
    I definitively hope that BB10 would be licensed (maybe even for free) to 3. part smartphone makers. This would help them get some traction as more vendors would push the BB platform.

Just my 2 cents..

/JP
    08-01-13 07:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    The GT86 uses subaru engine.. when you open up the hood of the toyota 86 you will subaru engine inside..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 09:09 AM
    He's talking about the car jointly developed by Toyota and Subaru. It's called the Toyota 86, Scion FRS or Subaru BRZ.

It definitely has a boxer engine, but with some Toyota touches to it.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 09:11 AM
    You don't need Android. You only need Google Play. Android Engine IS present. I don't know who avoid Google Play being installable in BB10, but if it is BB it is a bold move that will ruin everything they do.
    08-07-13 01:53 AM
    Hmm, I don't agree with the idea. I like how's it's embedded. If it was separate, then it would be another learning curve for the Android OS. That's a little too much for most standard consumers.
    08-07-13 09:55 AM
    I still think this would have been a great idea.. 2 OS. 1 for apps the other 1 for Communication.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:05 AM
    Like running a VM? Hmmm...
    08-16-13 01:45 AM
    Like running a VM? Hmmm...
    Exactly! If that happens blackberry should NEVER worry about apps again.. imagine this.. I'm using BB10 then i open up Android.. maybe using the gesture when choosing personal or work. Once your in android mode i use instagram.. someone sents me a message and i can still peek inside the hub.. however if i get out of the hub ill come out again to the android OS unless i choose to go inside BB10 again with the same gesture of choosing work or personal.. wouldnt this work?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:50 AM
    If one had BlackBerry hardware and Android OS, why would one ever use the BBOS side?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:12 AM
    If one had BlackBerry hardware and Android OS, why would one ever use the BBOS side?

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm.. because to begin with i love how BB10 is.. the only reason we would have an Android OS is for apps.. i dont like android.. but i love their app collection.. obviously with just the runtime it still needs conversion of apps.. but if u have the OS then it would be easier dont you think? I still like to view everything from the hub.. also maybe camera.. BlackBerry travel.. social apps.. id prefer to use it on bb10.. like i said BB10 for communications..

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:54 AM
    But would the Android OS be secure is what I want to know? Android is known to be hacked.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:16 AM
    It's a decent idea but I don't see this happening. Possibly on some open source OS projects would they implement something like this.
    08-17-13 02:54 AM
    But would the Android OS be secure is what I want to know? Android is known to be hacked.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm maybe the Android part of it can be hacked but not the BB10 side of it?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:38 AM
    I did it! I've successfully combined the two. I stuck an HTC One on the back of my Z10 with super glue and Voila! Have trouble taking pictures though (maybe a software issue, hopefully fixed in 10.2...)

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    08-17-13 03:42 AM
    How about blackberry balance for non bes users!!!
    08-17-13 03:45 AM